PDA

View Full Version : FM receprion on a Scala G2

mowin
06-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Those of u that have the Scala g2, How is the fm reception? I live 30 miles from most radio stations w lots of hill/valleys. I tryed a Blinc bluetooth w fm the other day, and i couldnt get a single station.

Like the g4, but i have a budget, and thats outta mine.
I dont have a i phone, i pod or mp3. so thats why im looking for a fm receiver. Thanks...Rob

GeoffCee
06-22-2011, 07:19 AM
My limited understanding of radio waves is if there is a hill between you and the transmitter it doesn't matter much which reciever you use, it's a no-go situation for reception.

ARtraveler
06-22-2011, 10:51 AM
I love the Scala 2 set up and it is great for communication up to about 3 blocks away--provided there is direct line sight.

I never had good luck with the FM reception--since there are just to many mountains in the way--once you get out of the metro area.

Tried the Scala 4 (earliest version) and sent them back because they did not work.

I use my Scala 2's only as a communication device.

mowin
06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
My limited understanding of radio waves is if there is a hill between you and the transmitter it doesn't matter much which reciever you use, it's a no-go situation for reception.

My trucks get great reception at home, but I dont want a 3' antena attached 2 my helmet...lol Looks like Ill have 2 download songs to a mini sd card for my phone:gaah:

Hokiev
06-22-2011, 03:57 PM
I just got the G4 and the FM reception is not great.
The bluetooth phone, intercom and itunes works great however.

dave711
06-22-2011, 05:00 PM
I don't really use it much as we have the ipod running most of the time... Live about 30-40 miles outside city and usually can get most of my stations ok... and the weather stations seem to come in pretty good. No really big hills to speak of here though. good intercom and phone connections though.:2thumbs: