PDA

View Full Version : seats.

davidrob
06-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has bought the comfort seat for a RS and if so how well do you like it. Also would like feedback on the Corbin seat. It looks great I just don't like the price. Love the bike , hate the stock seat.:D
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Canlogic
06-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I just recently bought a 2011 RS S and found the stock seat to be one of the better stock seats of any bike I have owned. I ordered the Corbin seat as soon as I got the spyder and just put it on. Did a 500km ride yesterday and the difference was significant.

Riot
06-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi , I use the the comfort seat on my GS which is a big improvement to stock. I have tried corbins, the majority of people out there really love them..im not 1 of them, but i am in the minority there, its all personal pref. 1 thing ive found if u already own a stock seat most major citys have some pretty decent places that can take your stock seatpan too, shape the pad to you and reskin it for alot less then buying a new 1, just another option to look into. also check on your local state boards chances are you will run into folks nearby with all kinds of diff seats, having the chance to sit on em b4 you decide is huge, i sat on Draboos old GS comfort seat b4 i decided..which did not take long, to buy 1 for myself. Good luck finding the right seat for u, Troy

angel
06-20-2011, 04:18 PM
I have a GS with a Comfort seat and love it

davidrob
06-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Guess I should have wxplained in my first post. My wife is the one who hates the stock seat. Thats why I am looking for a replacement but I also would like a little more padding. I have added extensions to the handle bars to achieve a more upright seating and now it seems that the stock seat is a little lacking in support.
Thanks for all the response.
Dave

sledhead
06-20-2011, 05:03 PM
We'll I own all three - Stock, comfort and the Corbin.
After putting miles on all three, we are going to settle for the comfort.
The Corbin was more comfortable for me (the driver) but the wife found it just a bit to wide and sloping to much forward.
The comfort seat for us is probably the best of both worlds so looks like I may be posting a Corbin on the For Sale forum soon.
Just my 2 cents...
Good luck.

Texmac1011
06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
I have a GS with a Comfort seat and love it

+1

JJW SpyderRider
06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
With the stock seat it hurt to walk after a three hour ride. I have the comfort now and wouldn't even know I had been riding after the 400 mile ride back from Cuba. It could use a little more padding but is good overall.

ARtraveler
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
:agree:with sledhead: Have had all three also. Comfort is better if you can't go Corbin.

1BLACKSPYDER
06-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Stock seat was good but the comfort seat is much better IMO:2thumbs:
Looks cool also!!
------------------------------------
2011 RSS-SE5

Minister
06-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Love my comfort seat, it took about 1000 miles to break in good, but it's better than any seat i've had on a bike. :thumbup::thumbup:

SpyderWolf
06-20-2011, 09:25 PM
I also love my comfort seat and don't see the need for anything else on my Spyder. :thumbup:

happyspyder2039
06-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I really like my comfort seat also! I think it should of been standard on the ryde from the factory.

bone crusher
06-20-2011, 09:57 PM
+ whatever it is now for the comfort. The stock was hard and really put pressure on me :cus:.

I still feel as though the comfort slopes forward a bit, but it is far superior to the stock seat...I found that wearing under armour compression boxers is NOT the way to go on either seat...you end up sliding (even with jeans or motorcycle pants on)...have to wear looser, cotton garb to get the most comfort overall and so that your 'package' doesn't get crushed...:yikes:

Yeochief
06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm very happy with my comfort seat on my :spyder2: RS. Part of my purchase deal with $1000.00 in BRP acessories. I didn't know much about the machine, but thought a different seat might be a good idea. I put a few miles on the stock seat, didn't really like the feel:(. As soon as the comfort seat arrived I installed it myself, and am very happy:2thumbs:.But that;s just me.

tofriendscreek
06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
I replaced my stock seat with the comfort seat a month or more ago. And the difference is remarkable. I really, really like it. The ryde from Maggie Valley to home was immensely pleasurable. My posterior has not rebelled once with the comfort seat. It was a ton of cash cheaper than the alternatives. :2thumbs:

Canlogic
06-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Couple of things I really like about the Corbin are the way the passenger section pops off by just turning a key (only important if your getting the trunk), the removable adjustable back rest and off course the trick color matched spider web stitching.

davidrob
06-22-2011, 12:56 PM
I just want to thank everyone for all of your input on seating. I have decided to go with the comfort seat. :spyder2:
Thanks again. Dave:2thumbs:

jnt
06-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Stock seat on ours had to go as soon as we raised the bars. We've found we don't have Corbin-shaped backsides. Went with Russell. Fabulous result!!

JJW SpyderRider
06-22-2011, 07:12 PM
I just want to thank everyone for all of your input on seating. I have decided to go with the comfort seat. :spyder2:
Thanks again. Dave:2thumbs:

Dave you may want to enter the part number for the comfort seat into google. You can find many vendors that have discounts. I got mine at 25% off :clap:that's over $100 under list price most sell it at.

IWN2RYD
06-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Just being honest here with my own thoughts... ANd all are with us having Aftermarket Foot-pegs and Handlebar for better comfort.

The stock seat is pretty good... Up to the first non-stop tank full of gas is used. Then you body lets you know how good it is...

The Comfort Seat is worth every penny, I got about a tank and a half out of it before discomfort...

The Corbin never felt right and was just a little better than the Comfort, and not even close to worth the cost to us.

Last but not least, seats are like Underwear. Ones most comfortable pair will be another most uncomfortable pair...

Your body, your seat, you money.

May I suggest that you meet up with a few members that have these seats and have a "Seat"? We found this to be better than buying them and hoping for the best. Granted just sitting on them may not tell the tail. But we found after a say 125 miles of non-stop ryding, and then trying the other seats at a gas stop, told us what better or worse comfort our bodies felt...