PDA

View Full Version : Va. Chapter Spyder Riders Club

bandwagon
06-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know if a Va. Club already exist? Or, if you are interested in such a club. Please post so that we can get this off and rolling. Once rider express interest our first meeting place can be established. It will serve as a meet and greet to appoint positions,rules, you know the nessessary things involved. It will be a friendly club of people that just like to ride, discover new places and make new friends and mostly have fun enjoying their Spyders. :welcome:

SpyderDon
06-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Sounds like a plan. There has got to be enough talent in the commonwealth to put this together.

Hell, a meet and greet sounds good to me.

Hokiev
06-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I might be interested.
Keep me in the loop.

Spotsylvania, VA

OceanEyes
06-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Sounds good to me! I've seen a guy on a silver spyder drive by near my neighborhood the last two days. I think it would be great to have a meet and greet so we know whose riding around. Hoping to take mine out tomorrow for a spin.

Cal777
06-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know if a Va. Club already exist? Or, if you are interested in such a club. Please post so that we can get this off and rolling. Once rider express interest our first meeting place can be established. It will serve as a meet and greet to appoint positions,rules, you know the nessessary things involved. It will be a friendly club of people that just like to ride, discover new places and make new friends and mostly have fun enjoying their Spyders. :welcome:
I would certainly be interested in something like this. I live about 30 min from mm 160 on BRP and am a few hours from most of the people posting here, but meeting someplace down the road is good with me. I was hoping to meet you in MV but as you know there were a lot of spyders and little time. You seem to want to get a lot of Va events started and I am all for that. I went to bike week in Daytona this spring and met a lot of those Fl people, they took us in, did some rides and made us feel very welcome. We made some very good friends. They have a very active forum and I thought it would be nice to be a part of something like that.I would love to see Va people get something going.

Rudy

OceanEyes
06-22-2011, 03:46 PM
The only Spyder group I am aware of in this area is the Mid-Atlantic Spyder Ryders: http://www.meetup.com/Mid-Atlantic-SpyderRyders/

They encompass MD, VA, DC, PA, WV and DE.

So what's the next step?

Were the clubs at MV solely Spyder Ryders or did they let others ride too. Just curious...My husband rides a chopper and would love to ride a long. Actually on a side note, the last ride I went on was myself on my Spyder, my husband on his chopper, and his friend on a Buell. We were quite the eclectic group.

Cal777
06-22-2011, 07:53 PM
I brought my Spyder over a year ago. We went to SITS, Daytona Bike Week, Spyderfest in Cuba and MV. We have rode with a lot of Spyder people from all over North America and everyone of them makes every effort to make every rider of anything welcome at every event and on any ride. There were a lot of riders at the Spyder event at MV on all types of 2,3, and 4 wheel vehicles. Since I have been going to these events I have been amazed at how friendly the Spyder people are and how welcome they make riders of everything feel.
Rudy

bandwagon
06-23-2011, 01:46 AM
I personally don't mind if a scooter rider wanted to ride alone. I just love riding and is hoping to generate a group of spyder riders. I see groups of GW, Harley, BMW, and so on. I don't see groups of spyder riders. I see one here and there. I've been to several area events and I see one or two spyders maybe. The goal here is the have a loyal band of spyder riders. Let's show the cycle world that we love our machines too. And that the Spyder Roadster is here to stay. Make way for the new breed of riders. I'm proud to be part of a new generation of cycle riders. The spyder is special in many ways. It allows just about everyone that ever dreamed of riding a motorcycle the opportunity to do so. I feel good when people come up to me and ask can I ride one of those. So let's all be ambassadors for the future spyder riders. Let's get them off the porches, couches, and their behinds and put them on spyders and let them feel the joy and excitment that we feel when riding our spyders. And if riders of other makes and models want to ride alone (welcome) I say. :doorag::doorag::2thumbs:

Yfactor
06-23-2011, 02:17 AM
I brought my Spyder over a year ago. We went to SITS, Daytona Bike Week, Spyderfest in Cuba and MV. We have rode with a lot of Spyder people from all over North America and everyone of them makes every effort to make every rider of anything welcome at every event and on any ride. There were a lot of riders at the Spyder event at MV on all types of 2,3, and 4 wheel vehicles. Since I have been going to these events I have been amazed at how friendly the Spyder people are and how welcome they make riders of everything feel.
Rudy

:agree: Maggie Valley was a blast even with the storms. Riding the Tail of the Dragon with a mixture of bikes made for a lot of enjoyment. At the local bike night my son and I are the only Spyders there but the Spyders draw a lot of attention.

JoanJenn
06-23-2011, 11:03 AM
I LIVE IN THE LOWE END OF VA NEAR FANCY GAP ON BRP AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A CLUB WHERE I COULD MEET OTHER SPYDER RIDERS AND HAVE PEOPLE TO RIDE WITH IF THERE IS ANYONE IN THE LOWER END OF VA!! \JOAN:2thumbs:

spyder-dude
06-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I will be near Staunton, VA once we move in about 3 1/2 weeks....Looking forward of getting out of the expensive state of NY! :)

I will be interested in exploring some of the great roads in VA and West VA.

OceanEyes
06-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I personally don't mind if a scooter rider wanted to ride alone. I just love riding and is hoping to generate a group of spyder riders. I see groups of GW, Harley, BMW, and so on. I don't see groups of spyder riders. I see one here and there. I've been to several area events and I see one or two spyders maybe. The goal here is the have a loyal band of spyder riders. Let's show the cycle world that we love our machines too. And that the Spyder Roadster is here to stay. Make way for the new breed of riders. I'm proud to be part of a new generation of cycle riders. The spyder is special in many ways. It allows just about everyone that ever dreamed of riding a motorcycle the opportunity to do so. I feel good when people come up to me and ask can I ride one of those. So let's all be ambassadors for the future spyder riders. Let's get them off the porches, couches, and their behinds and put them on spyders and let them feel the joy and excitment that we feel when riding our spyders. And if riders of other makes and models want to ride alone (welcome) I say. :doorag::doorag::2thumbs:

Well said! I totally agree that it would be great to have a group of Spyder ryders who could come together for rides, poker runs, or bike shows to let others see what 3 wheels can offer! I've had tons of women ask me if they can sit on it and I typically say SURE! You should see their faces light up when the realize they too could actually ride (by themselves) on the open road.

OceanEyes
06-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I was thinking it would be great to have a Spyder Safety Day and BBQ. It's been done in other places but I thought it was a great idea for us Virginia Spyder ryders. If possible, maybe we could have one of the dealerships (like FMS or Coleman) to host. If you happen to know a dealership that may be interested in hosting a VA Spyder Safety Day, let us know so we can get the ball rolling!

I found a great brochure on ride safety including proper group riding (hand signals, positioning). As more and more of us come together for rides in Virginia, I think this will be helpful. Check it out!!!

http://sranorcalbayarea.club.officelive.com/Documents/Spyder%20Safety%20Brochure.pdf

BTW I was doing some research and there is a Spyder Ryder of America group on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyder-Ryder-of-America/149472041762152 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyder-Ryder-of-America/149472041762152) They have chapters across the country. This maybe a good starting point.

Wardawg
06-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Hey folks, I just created a FB page for us VA Spyder Ryders. Didn't see one out there so I created it. Feedback?

Spyder Ryders of the Old Dominion (https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_204449986268060)

:clap:

OceanEyes
06-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Hey folks, I just created a FB page for us VA Spyder Ryders. Didn't see one out there so I created it. Feedback?

Spyder Ryders of the Old Dominion (https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_204449986268060)

:clap:

Awesome!!! :welcome:

SpyderGirl
06-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Glad to see you like the brochure I put out and our idea of a safety day and BBQ. We had a great success with it. Contact me if you have any questions about our group or our event. :)

Happy Spydering!!

I was thinking it would be great to have a Spyder Safety Day and BBQ. It's been done in other places but I thought it was a great idea for us Virginia Spyder ryders. If possible, maybe we could have one of the dealerships (like FMS or Coleman) to host. If you happen to know a dealership that may be interested in hosting a VA Spyder Safety Day, let us know so we can get the ball rolling!

I found a great brochure on ride safety including proper group riding (hand signals, positioning). As more and more of us come together for rides in Virginia, I think this will be helpful. Check it out!!!

http://sranorcalbayarea.club.officelive.com/Documents/Spyder%20Safety%20Brochure.pdf

BTW I was doing some research and there is a Spyder Ryder of America group on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyder-Ryder-of-America/149472041762152 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyder-Ryder-of-America/149472041762152) They have chapters across the country. This maybe a good starting point.

SpyderDon
06-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm not big into Facebook but I've joined the group. Hopefully this will get the word out to more people.

WARDAWG :welcome:

OceanEyes
06-27-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm not big into Facebook but I've joined the group. Hopefully this will get the word out to more people.

WARDAWG :welcome:

Not to worry! Facebook is just an added media to contact interested Virginia Spyder ryders. Rest assured any information regarding a VA Chapter will be posted in this forum as well.

spyder2011
07-06-2011, 08:42 AM
I do not know of any spyder clubs but would be interested in joining :chat:

bandwagon
07-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Spyder 2011 as soon as we get things rolling on the chapter. We will post here and on facebook. So keep checking the Virginia Forum. :welcome:

Ronniem
07-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I am new at this forum stuff but, I am ready to ride. Warrenton, Va.

go2lkg
10-08-2011, 07:08 PM
RT S located in Richmond, VA with a friend that rides a BMW trike. Go2lkg :thumbup:

daydreamer
10-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I live in Roanoke. I ride alone most of the time and it would be nice to meet other spyders as well.:thumbup:

2 Stricklands
10-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi

We are busy the rest of the year, but later in the spring. We road the Parkway the last two days to see the color. Steve and Barbara the 2 Stricklands

T-Spyder
11-20-2011, 10:39 PM
I am interested in starting a Virginia-Prince William Spyders Riding Club. Hope to get some of you interested!

T-Spyder

:yes:

spyder-rs
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I am interested in starting a Virginia-Prince William Spyders Riding Club. Hope to get some of you interested!

T-Spyder

I live in woodbridge, Riding Spyder RS alone, Let's make a plan to meet-up.

spyder-rs
04-11-2012, 04:02 PM

T-Spyder

I live in woodbridge, Riding Spyder RS alone, Let's make a plan to meet-up.

antd929
04-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Do you guys ride in va alot im near smith moutain lake if the group rides or get something together like to hear about it

T-Spyder
05-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Interested in riding your Spyder? Lets set-up a meet and greet. Respond to Frank4w@aol.com.

T-Spyder
2011 Spyder RT
Manassas:clap:

Questions
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Had my RT for a month and love it. Live in Fredericksburg.

MTFan
05-17-2012, 07:03 PM
I also livve in Fredericksburg. If you are going to the ride in Ruckersville we can meet up and ride over together.

Pulaski Spyder
05-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Just purchased a new spyder looking for other riders in southwest virginia. I live in dublin va and we have alot of good riding in swva. If interested let me know!!!

Questions
05-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I also livve in Fredericksburg. If you are going to the ride in Ruckersville we can meet up and ride over together.
We are planing on doing the ride but will go down Friday night. Not real good at this forum stuff just yet but trying.

antd929
05-22-2012, 03:05 AM
RI
Just purchased a new spyder looking for other riders in southwest virginia. I live in dublin va and we have alot of good riding in swva. If interested let me know!!!

Hey pulaski im not to far from you if you wanna meet up and ride some time

Pulaski Spyder
05-22-2012, 05:58 PM
RI

That sounds great. my boss lives in roanoke and he is getting ready to buy one as well. I just rode to Smith Mountain Lake last weekend.

antd929
05-22-2012, 06:17 PM
That sounds great. my boss lives in roanoke and he is getting ready to buy one as well. I just rode to Smith Mountain Lake last weekend.

Hope to see you around us your spyder white limited if so i think i passed you last weekend. Also have you seen the info about the ride on june 2 in ruckersville

Pulaski Spyder
05-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Hope to see you around us your spyder white limited if so i think i passed you last weekend. Also have you seen the info about the ride on june 2 in ruckersville

No mine is a 2011 Magnesium RT S. No I did not hear about the ride. Sounds like fun. I have a dealer close to me in Bluefield VA but I never see any one on here from the bluefield area.

Ralph2288
05-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Hope to see you around us your spyder white limited if so i think i passed you last weekend. Also have you seen the info about the ride on june 2 in ruckersvilleIt may have been me you saw... I was riding a lot that weekend trying to rack up miles before my 600 mi service :) We will be on the ride Saturday.Tracy

junwalla
04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
I just got a new STS two weeks ago. Look forward to meeting and riding with other VA Canam riders.

Dragonfly
04-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Another newbie here looking for a meet & greet in or around of RVA :2thumbs:

Chupaca
04-26-2013, 05:07 PM
like it's a done deal.. Ball is rolling just some details...congrats to you all and let us know how it goes..!! :2thumbs:

Spydered
04-26-2013, 05:26 PM
May want to checkout Spyder Ryder's of America, Old Domion Chapter. They are on facebook. Also there will be some at the Can Am event at Fredricksburg Motor Sports on Saturday 27 April.

We try to meet at least once per month.

VADale
07-02-2013, 09:17 AM

Hello Pulaski Spyder, I'm in Fairlawn. Maybe we could ride sometime whenever the rain stops.

BlueRidgeSpyder
09-27-2013, 01:40 AM
I am interested in joining or help forming a Virginia chapter for Spyder Riders

Bridgid
06-03-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm a new owner and would love the chance to get some hours in and learn to ride in a group. Count me in if it's local to South Stafford please!

plmusic1
12-29-2017, 10:01 PM
I live in Stafford county and I've seen so many of you riding your spyders around. Everyone seems to be interested in getting together but no one seems to ever organize anything formal. So I am going to pull the trigger on this. We will accept members from anywhere but are going to focus on the area from Richmond to D.C. along I 95 and the surrounding region. I am going to start the application process tomorrow with US spyder riders and will be posting information on an upcoming meeting and I'm thinking we could get some help and sponsorship from both of our great dealers, Coleman Motorsports and FMS.

If you are interested in being a part of the club and taking an active role in its formation email me at lanier413@gmail.com

WA5VHU
12-29-2017, 11:47 PM
We started a group in the Richmond area, you can find us over at https://www.meetup.com/Richmond-Spyder-Web/ and there is a group over in the Gloucester area.

You are very welcome to join our Richmond group!

Charles

plmusic1
12-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Proud to announce the Northern Virginia Spyder Ryders Motorcyle Club. If you live between Richmond and D.C. along and around I 95 come check out our website and email us so we can add you to our mailing list. We are just getting started but can't wait to meet all of you looking for a Spyder Club and planning some rides and events. We will be a club for Spyder Owners primarily with membership to adults only.

http://www.nvaspyderryders.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Phillip Lanier
2017 Blue RT limited
:spyder:

plmusic1
12-30-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm a new owner and would love the chance to get some hours in and learn to ride in a group. Count me in if it's local to South Stafford please!

http://www.nvaspyderryders.com

I started the group and live in North Stafford

Phillip Lanier
2017 Blue RT limited

Jerrystanley75
01-08-2018, 09:29 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/252303905299381/

Eviltwin
01-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Still a bit too cold and bike is down for maintenance, but would love to get with anybody that wants to ride in Western Branch/Suffolk area.

Bob

BUZZARD II
01-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Plmusic1, I'm about an hour and a half NW of you, between Winchester and Front Royal. We have three very active riders in our neighborhood. We would travel for special runs. Or ride to meet along Skyline or the BRP.

FYI. Clicked on your website contact section and was greeted by dire warnings from my computer security.

Please PM if you get anything going.

Jim

2spicy4u
02-05-2018, 02:42 PM
My name is spicy and I just got an F3 and would love to be a part of Spyder lovers. I would also like to know if there are any Spyder rallies that would feature or have products such as paintings on Spyder trailers and other ideas. There are a lot of Goldwing rallies and Harley rallies but I would like to see a good Can-Am Spyder rally. I can meet anywhere from near Springfield or Alexandria Virginia to Roanoke Virginia. However I would like to hook up with a group that is somewhere between Woodbridge and Culpeper Virginia or Fredericksburg Virginia

stevencovert
02-05-2018, 06:12 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/252303905299381/

We ride up north from Hampton Roads to Richmond area and loop around, we run across to Smithfield area and take the ferry to Williamsburg / Colonial Parkway (gorgeous!); down the coast to VA Beach; Suffolk & Portsmouth; North Carolina Border run to a farmers market, etc. etc. Join up and suggest a run! We love to try out new areas.

Steve

FINFAN3DP
07-09-2018, 01:19 PM

T-Spyder

Did this ever happen? I'm in Haymarket, and just got my Spyder on Friday.

mhoecker
07-10-2018, 09:13 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/olddominion//

plmusic1
07-10-2018, 09:28 AM
I have already started a club for spyder ryders. We have an organizational meeting and ride coming up on July 21st in Woodbridge at Coleman's Powersports at 11:30 a.m. Would love to have all of you join us. Our website is www.nvaspyderryders.com

For more information you can contact me at lanier413@gmail.com or call at 540-850-2817

GWDietrich
07-07-2022, 07:06 AM
Glad we have spyders near me I live in Bluefield va near Fancy Gap may be we can all meet somewhere 2014 rt limited I rode two wheels and toured a lot and bought a spyder when I retired and been wanting to get back out and ride and meet people

GWDietrich
07-08-2023, 03:14 PM

I live in Bluefield va close by I ride a 2014 RT Spyder
May be we can meet up .

GWDietrich
07-08-2023, 03:23 PM
RI

I am in Bluefield Va close by we should meet up