PDA

View Full Version : stop light trigger

Questions
06-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I am really having trouble with my spyder triggering stop light sensors. Do the magnet triggers that I see advertised work to solve the problem?

boborgera
06-19-2011, 03:09 PM
I am really having trouble with my spyder triggering stop light sensors. Do the magnet triggers that I see advertised work to solve the problem?

Most magazines that tested them, say save your money.:dontknow:

DougB
06-19-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a magnetic one and it doesn't help at all

DougB
06-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Soooooo, I look both ways and run the light. :)
:pray:

Questions
06-19-2011, 04:58 PM

BEST RESPONSE I HAVE HAD SO FAR...I WILL INVESTIGATE SOME MORE..THANKS

slather1
06-19-2011, 05:08 PM
I have tried a couple different brands with no results.

Phantom888
06-19-2011, 10:11 PM
The sensors mainly see metal kind of like induction. So it all depends on how sensitive the loops are set for. Not much you can do other then backing up and pulling forward again.

You could try complaining to the city. But if its like the city I live in its like talking to a wall.

Good Luck

Bob Denman
06-20-2011, 06:45 AM
:yikes: That's tckling the dargon's tail just a little; don't you think? Does anybody have a different option?:dontknow:
I've not had problems with stoplight sensors, so perhaps I should count myself lucky! (Or overweight!:roflblack:)

boborgera
06-20-2011, 08:17 AM
:yikes: That's tckling the dargon's tail just a little; don't you think? Does anybody have a different option?:dontknow:
I've not had problems with stoplight sensors, so perhaps I should count myself lucky! (Or overweight!:roflblack:)

Yea, have patience, There are no Skeletons sitting on bikes waiting for the light to change.:dontknow:

3Willie
06-20-2011, 08:24 AM
An old friend of mine tells me he just turns off his two wheeler and restarts. He claims the 'magnetic field' created by the starter will activate the light sensors. I did use that successfully several times on my previous two wheel ride, but have not needed it on the Spyder.

Oldmanzues
06-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Couple ideas. One if you can define the sensor outline, try to get to the upper left bcorner. Does not always work, but sometimes. I tried several of the "light changers" and none worked.
The other thing, check your state laws to see if there is a provision about lights not actived, not all do. Good luck with this one.
I have asked several Police about LED taillights. If there are ( say ) 14 led in a talight, when does it become ilegal ? One out, two out ?????
No answers
Oldmanzues

Hemp
06-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Had a magnetic sensor on Kawa, but it failed to activate lights. In Wisco, the state law indicates that motorbikes are able to turn after the lights have run thru a cycle without changing. They advise that "we do this safely". I was planning on doing it "unsafely". Duh.

Bob Denman
06-20-2011, 02:19 PM
:roflblack: :shocked: :lecturef_smilie: :D

hotmanali
06-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Actually i had that problem but if you get into the habit of putting your engine over the loop wire (not in the middle) and rev to 3k a few times it will trigger.

angel
06-20-2011, 04:23 PM
We have found being over to the side helps but still get stuck at some lights then here we wait 2 cycles and go when clear

bone crusher
06-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Neodynium magnets have been shown to work...they're the strongest you can get and they are really, really, really strong...they can trigger any light that has the triggering whatever in the street.

Look them up online and see how they work...very cool.

wyliec
06-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Neodynium magnets have been shown to work...they're the strongest you can get and they are really, really, really strong...they can trigger any light that has the triggering whatever in the street.

Look them up online and see how they work...very cool.

They work best when placed next to deer whistles.

bone crusher
06-21-2011, 08:23 PM
They work best when placed next to deer whistles.

Okay...I'll take it you don't think they work...check out the online videos...

nater1
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
If you plan to blow lights go all the way, and purchase a red light trip.
It could be cheaper than the tickets.
Look on the web under E trips.

SpyderRider
06-21-2011, 09:34 PM
I got the one they sell at CycleGear and mounted it under the strut arm on the left side of the RT-S. I then always try to pull over to the left side as much as possible and it seems to work fairly well down here in Bama! :shocked:

bone crusher
06-22-2011, 02:02 AM
If you plan to blow lights go all the way, and purchase a red light trip.
It could be cheaper than the tickets.
Look on the web under E trips.

Got a particular link for this? Nothing come up particularly relevant with a google search...

nater1
06-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Here is the trip
http://www.themirt.com/order_now.html

wyliec
06-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Here is the trip
http://www.themirt.com/order_now.html

From their site:

Important Notice:
Dorst Consulting Services will not sell the MIRT or the Stealth MIRT to members of the general public. Only authorized public safety agencies may purchase the MIRT or the Stealth MIRT. All orders must be accompanied with a letter of authorization on agency / company / department letterhead. NO EXCEPTIONS!

nater1
06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
I could make you up some letter head to the Town of Mayberry.
Seriously they do not care about that.

Bob Denman
06-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm starting to like the way that you think... :thumbup: :D

Firefly
06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
From their site:

Important Notice:
Dorst Consulting Services will not sell the MIRT or the Stealth MIRT to members of the general public. Only authorized public safety agencies may purchase the MIRT or the Stealth MIRT. All orders must be accompanied with a letter of authorization on agency / company / department letterhead. NO EXCEPTIONS!

:agree: You can get in big trouble for using such a device. Guy in the national news a year or so ago got 'busted' using his every day on the way to work-- he had no idea it was illegal and even admitted how 'cool' it was to the cops ---- major fines and points.

-------------------

I use a green light trigger magnet and I do believe it has helped on some problem lights that I used to get stuck at and no longer do.....

I use the Green Light Trigger HP:

http://www.greenlightstuff.com/trigger.html

It's only $30... worth a shot if you're having problems.

wyliec
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Okay...I'll take it you don't think they work...check out the online videos...

bone crusher,

I meant to tell you the other day that I was just joking. I have no idea of what works and doesn't work.

SpydherLuv
06-23-2011, 06:14 PM
If you can flash your lights fast enough, sometimes that will trigger the light.

boborgera
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
If you can flash your lights fast enough, sometimes that will trigger the light.

The trigger has to be on the traffic light pole, It's for emergency vehicles so they can change the light at long light intersections.