PDA

View Full Version : Stowe VT Stormy Skies

vtspyder
06-19-2011, 07:15 AM
Spent the weekend in Stowe riding around and taking pictures. Rough weather yesterday. Over in Underhill and decided I better get back over the mountain. I rolled in making it back just in time. Severe T-storm with 60+ winds, hail and wicked lightning hita few minutes after. Most of the folks hiking on Mt Mansfield and Smugglers Notch got caught out there in the hail. Talking with a family that was up there, they said they got pummeled. 2 of the shots were from the Notch and the other is facing the west side of Mansfield heading towards Underhill. 3 are infrared conversions. Heading to Moss Glen Falls in Granville Gultch and Lincoln Gap today.

Canlogic
06-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Cool shots. I have a cottage just across the border from Newport and travel down that way. Where did you do the waterfall shots, would like to see them.

vtspyder
06-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Cool shots. I have a cottage just across the border from Newport and travel down that way. Where did you do the waterfall shots, would like to see them.

Thanks. The falls are Moss Glen Falls just south of Waitsfield in Granville Gultch. Rte 100.

dancogan
06-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Nice shots! I love the B&W. Very rich looking.

vtspyder
06-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks. 4 of them are infrared conversions. The full resolution shots are really cool. Get a feel for how violent the storms were. The shot of the falls was around 6 seconds w/ a neutral density filter. Hence the movement in the trees by the wind.

Canlogic
06-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Great, thanks. One thing I am liking about the Spyder is being able to take most of my photo gear on rides even my large gitzo tripod. Before on bikes I always had to limit what I took with me and it always seemed I had the wrong stuff.

Marker
06-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Nice pics thanks for sharing

StanTheMan
06-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Very nice pictures. Nice composition. :thumbup:

vtspyder
06-20-2011, 04:54 AM
Great, thanks. One thing I am liking about the Spyder is being able to take most of my photo gear on rides even my large gitzo tripod. Before on bikes I always had to limit what I took with me and it always seemed I had the wrong stuff.

That frunk is a lifesaver! I was able to get my gear,clothes and tripod in there for a 2 1/2 day trip. I carry the camera body(30D), 16-35 f2.8L, 24-105 f4L IS and 100-400LIS in a Lowe Pro chest rig. Fits perfect in the frunk along with a TiltAll Tripod with a monstrous NPC ball head. I really wish I could take my Benbo Trecker as it's great for the rocky and uneven terrain. I would stand there pulling the stuff out and people would look in amazement. I love my Spydie!:yes: