PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried these?

SteveMac
06-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Looks interesting. I just ordered a set. I like the transition idea.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YELLOW-SMOKE-TRANSITION-LENS-MOTORCYCLE-SUNGLASSES-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2564d46a57QQitemZ16060 5432407QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

Oakley makes some nice ones too, but these are about $100 cheaper (I may get what I pay for...I know) :lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
06-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Let us know how they work out for you. :thumbup:

Campverdefela
06-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Looks great to me. The transition to yellow at night is better than going clear, everything is much more visible.

SteveMac
06-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Looks great to me. The transition to yellow at night is better than going clear, everything is much more visible.

Yep. I agree and I have been carrying two pairs of glasses for that reason. I'll do a review after I get them an see if they work or not. Fingers crossed…

spyderrock
06-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Oakley does make good glasses but they are not for motorcycle specifically, try this company 7EYE.com. these glasses are indestructible and are photochromic which means light adjusting. the fit is great I have Taku and the glasses are lined with a thin removable foam pad to seal out any wind. This pair cost me 200.00 bucks at the local Harley shop but i have seen them online for as low as 160.00. These glasses are made for biking...will they stop a brick falling off a truck and protect your eyes probably not but they will stop small stones.

Questions
06-19-2011, 10:22 AM
I have used these for years, can't beat them especially for night time riding, things look brighter and clearer, but you do notice a little color change, like a green light tends to look a little blue. You will like them.

Marker
06-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Oakley does make good glasses but they are not for motorcycle specifically, try this company 7EYE.com. these glasses are indestructible and are photochromic which means light adjusting. the fit is great I have Taku and the glasses are lined with a thin removable foam pad to seal out any wind. This pair cost me 200.00 bucks at the local Harley shop but i have seen them online for as low as 160.00. These glasses are made for biking...will they stop a brick falling off a truck and protect your eyes probably not but they will stop small stones.

http://ca.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/750x350/11/4ddc1456b04f7.jpg Oakley just released motorcycle specific sunglasses called windjammer, fitted with foam to help keep the dust and wind out of your eyes. They also come with clear lenses to change out the dark lenses for night riding. Since the windjammers are version of the splitjacket sunglasses . The lens that fit the splitjacket will also fit the windjammer so lots of different lens to choose from. I am ordering a pair for sure.:ohyea::ohyea::2thumbs: