PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Light

Maxiega
06-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I have 2010 RT with 180 miles when I was out on a ride today I had an idiot light pop on in the trip area. It was orange with the handle bars. Then the engine light started flashing. I called service and they were stumped and going to call me back to let me know if they would be sending out a mechanic with a computer to diagnose it or if it was ok to ride it out to them. Needless to say I'm not amused.

Barbara

Phil
06-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Hey Barbara- I know I've seen this covered here on SpyderLovers. I've never had it happen, but others have. I know Scotty or others will answer as quickly as they can. Many of our experts are beginning their travel to Maggie Valley so it might be a few hours.
Hang in there!!:thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-14-2011, 02:25 PM
It sounds like a great response from the dealer--they will get it solved.

Others who have had the problem will also respond.

Maxiega
06-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the responses...
I'm still waiting for the service department to call back...

Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. I'm glad I decided that Maggie Valley was too far for a first trip.

NancysToy
06-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Are you sure the orange warning showed handlebars? The "Rear Luggage Open" warning is orange, and shows in the trip meter area. It can also turn the entire display orange if you are stopped.

glynnk
06-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I have 2010 RT with 180 miles when I was out on a ride today I had an idiot light pop on in the trip area. It was orange with the handle bars. Then the engine light started flashing. I called service and they were stumped and going to call me back to let me know if they would be sending out a mechanic with a computer to diagnose it or if it was ok to ride it out to them. Needless to say I'm not amused.

Barbara

Had the same thing happen to me 7 or 8 months ago, but in addition to the handle bar icon, mine alternated with the engine icon also. Prior to the icons coming on the engine seemed to "stumble" for a brief second and I pulled over, turned it off, waited a few minutes turned it back on and everything worked fine. Took it in to the dealer and they couldn't figure out what had happened and they called BRP with no real answer coming back. Apparently, the handlebar icon was related to the DPS somehow. Mine has had all the updates/replacements done and I've never experienced the problem again.

Glynnk

fastfraser
06-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Make sure you are not rideing the brake .

Maxiega
06-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Had the same thing happen to me 7 or 8 months ago, but in addition to the handle bar icon, mine alternated with the engine icon also. Prior to the icons coming on the engine seemed to "stumble" for a brief second and I pulled over, turned it off, waited a few minutes turned it back on and everything worked fine. Took it in to the dealer and they couldn't figure out what had happened and they called BRP with no real answer coming back. Apparently, the handlebar icon was related to the DPS somehow. Mine has had all the updates/replacements done and I've never experienced the problem again.

Glynnk

Thanks for the replying. That is exactly what happened! I'm new to motorcycles so I was a little concerned about getting it home. Not to mention I was going up a hill when it stumbled.
Glad to hear that you haven't had any further problems.

Maxiega
06-15-2011, 05:52 AM
I was just talking to my husband and he had a thought. I don't ride everday and was wondering that if my gas had condensation and it caused the engine to stumble if that was enough to make the computer hic up. Any thoughts?