PDA

View Full Version : Battery

che57vy
06-14-2011, 09:35 AM
I bought my Spyder as a 2009 left over no miles on clock.I got delivery of bike last month, within a day battery was dead.I charged according to spec.It died a week later.I charged it again.My wife and I took a ride out of town it seemed fine started bike several times and finally no start it,:( was dead again.I had no choice but to buy one,the battery had been in service since Oct 08.You would think the dealer would of checked the battery or replaced it.I could imagine how long it sat dead or low voltage before I got the bike.I think I should be reimbursed for another battery.

ARtraveler
06-14-2011, 10:45 AM
If you bought the bike from the dealer--it should come with a functional battery.

You probably should have informed the dealer right away to give them a chance to rectify the problem.

If you did not inform the dealer--they may use that as an excuse to not reimburse you for the one you had to buy on the road.

Hope this works out for you.

boborgera
06-14-2011, 10:49 AM
I bought my Spyder as a 2009 left over no miles on clock.I got delivery of bike last month, within a day battery was dead.I charged according to spec.It died a week later.I charged it again.My wife and I took a ride out of town it seemed fine started bike several times and finally no start it,:( was dead again.I had no choice but to buy one,the battery had been in service since Oct 08.You would think the dealer would of checked the battery or replaced it.I could imagine how long it sat dead or low voltage before I got the bike.I think I should be reimbursed for another battery.

Theres no doubt in my mind that the dealer owes you for a new battery.
But if you got a battery from a different place, and don't have the old battery, i can see a problem there.

NancysToy
06-14-2011, 12:16 PM
If the Spyder came with the factory warranty, the battery is covered for six months.

che57vy
06-14-2011, 01:09 PM
I kept the old one. and yes the bike has a new warranty.

boborgera
06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I kept the old one. and yes the bike has a new warranty.

Bring the original battery back to the dealer, They'll have to verify that the battery is bad in order for them to make a claim to BRP.
Then they should either give you a new one / or because you already have a new battery , give you some kind of credit.:pray: [maybe]