PDA

View Full Version : Great day for a ride!

sealfloorboards
06-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi all,

Yesterday, Sunday, was a bit cool and overcast but with nothing planned, it seemed a perfect day for a ride. Packing my rain gear just in case... I headed for the Oregon Coast. It was a great ride. Fantastic scenery, cool but comfortable, good music and light traffic on Hwy. 18. Set the cruse and just enjoyed the view for the 1st. half of the trip over. At about the halfway point, I cut off 18 and headed for Hebo on a absolutely beautiful, 25 mi. twisty forest road over rivers, one-lane bridges and huge Douglas Fir trees. Almost no other traffic. My RT SE5 with Elka shocks was born for this. I came out on Hwy 101 and headed No. for Ocean City. It began to sprinkle lightly as I left the forest and hit the highway. Five miles later, I was in Ocean City, at a beautiful sandy beach restaurant, sipping an ice tea and watching surfers.

An hour later and full of flame broiled hamburger and beer batter fries, I changed into my rain gear and headed south on 101 toward Lincoln city. Picked up Hwy 18 again and headed East toward home. Just light, intermittent rain and light traffic made for a very comfortable ride. Stopped in McMinnville to see a friend at Lowe's and with his help found the spray contac adhesive I had been searching for as the last step in getting my new Rubber pads ready to present on SpyderLovers. On to Newberg for a bit of food shopping, pick up Buddy, my Black Lab, at my shop and then home. It's really cool. I live 2 blocks from my shop and Buddy loves to run beside my Spyder to and from (it's a very quiet street). He gets a bit of a run and I don't have to take him in my truck. He goes every day just so he can hang around with the guys.

A Light dinner, a bit of TV and put a wrap on a great Sunday. Hope you all had a great one too.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards