PDA

View Full Version : Seat Release

nanaskids
06-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Well I made it back safe and sound on the Spyder without any major mishaps or blips on the road! Round trip was approx 800 miles thru Arkansas and Oklahoma.

In Hot Springs, the one little hiccup was the seat release. We had stopped for gas and couldn't get the seat to release. DH started poking around in the cables under handle bars and the seat release cable had come loose. We could manually release the seat by depressing the end, but my question is . . .

If we hadn't found the loose cable, we'd been screwed on a Sunday waiting for a dealership to open on Monday. Has anyone else had this problem and without using the cable, is there another way to get the seat to release?

Other than that, she did fine going thru the twists and turns of the Ozark mountains, and got lots of looks from the country people.

Thanks in advance for your advice, I'm counting on ya!!

wyliec
06-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Well I made it back safe and sound on the Spyder without any major mishaps or blips on the road! Round trip was approx 800 miles thru Arkansas and Oklahoma.

In Hot Springs, the one little hiccup was the seat release. We had stopped for gas and couldn't get the seat to release. DH started poking around in the cables under handle bars and the seat release cable had come loose. We could manually release the seat by depressing the end, but my question is . . .

If we hadn't found the loose cable, we'd been screwed on a Sunday waiting for a dealership to open on Monday. Has anyone else had this problem and without using the cable, is there another way to get the seat to release?

Other than that, she did fine going thru the twists and turns of the Ozark mountains, and got lots of looks from the country people.

Thanks in advance for your advice, I'm counting on ya!!

Others have removed the seat pin/post. I wonder how stable the seat is when the pin/post is removed.

Neez
06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Others have removed the seat pin/post. I wonder how stable the seat is when the pin/post is removed.Been ryding mine with the lock pin out for almost 3 years now, and I often push hard thru the twisties. No problems with the seat.

ARtraveler
06-13-2011, 01:01 PM
:agree: Same thing for me. When I put in the Corbin seats--i took the pin out. No movement of the seat detected through hard cornering or other riding.