PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Changes

JJRider
06-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Just a note to say I am finding a few things different with the 2011. First was ordering the Nelson Rigg tank bag. In order to work with my 2011, there is a kit that needs to be ordered or custom make some new front straps. No biggie, but nothing I found tells you this.

Then on changing the oil, I found that both the dealer crush washers and the one that I ordered from a great guy off this site do not fit the oil tank drain plug. They fit the engine drain plug which is a smaller diameter on my bike then the plug on the oil tank.

Anyone else seen this with the crush washers?

boborgera
06-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Then on changing the oil, I found that both the dealer crush washers and the one that I ordered from a great guy off this site do not fit the oil tank drain plug. They fit the engine drain plug which is a smaller diameter on my bike then the plug on the oil tank.

The crush washers on my 08 have always been two different sizes:dontknow:

dltang
06-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Just a note to say I am finding a few things different with the 2011. First was ordering the Nelson Rigg tank bag. In order to work with my 2011, there is a kit that needs to be ordered or custom make some new front straps. No biggie, but nothing I found tells you this.

We had to install a special bracket to hold the Can-Am tank back, it did not come with it on our 08 and like JJ Rider stated, the crush washers are two different sizes. Nothing changed about those things between 08 and 11.

JJRider
06-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Interesting. That is weird that both my local dealer and the seller on this site both sent me crush washers that are all four the exact same.

boborgera
06-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Interesting. That is weird that both my local dealer and the seller on this site both sent me crush washers that are all four the exact same.

:dontknow:
Two different # I don't remember which one is for the the oil tank and which is for the crankcase But the numbers are CA 420250640
CA 705500506