PDA

View Full Version : Sunday June 19th Ryde

8 Legged Freak
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey :spyder2:ryders, it is time for the second ryde of the group. A round tripper of about 200 miles.

Starting from the Panara Bread on Nyberg and I5, in the Famous Daves/Best Buy mall. 7149 Southwest Nyberg Street
Tualatin, OR 97062

8:30am Meet and Greet :chat:
There are gas pumps across Nyberg from Panara to fill the Spyder,
you can drain your tank or get a nosh at Panara.

8:50am Quick ryde review :2excited:

9am PBO thats Parking Brakes Off for the slow Vancouver ryders. :roflblack:

Head out thru Silverton to Detriot Lake

I would recommend gas up and drain tanks as needed. then a return to Silverton to Seven Brides Brewing Company for lunch. They usually roast a pig on the week-ends for great pulled pork meals.

Then back to your homes, peel off as you wish.:spyder:

:yes::yes::yes:

Dragonrider
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
I recommend going to Estacada & taking 224 to Detroit, with your planned return. Far prettier trip, nice places to stop along the way, and you don't travel the same routes.... Just my $0.02

RetiredCGRider
06-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Any chance of making the ride leave a bit later, we have to ride from Parkrose in NE Portland to get there.

Also you know this is Fathers Day:spyder2:

sealfloorboards
06-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Either route is fine with me. Coming from Newberg, the later (warmer) the better. It will be a great way to spend Father's Day and my 69th B'day:ohyea: which is Monday ( no presents or smart a.. comments please):roflblack::lecturef_smilie:.

John

Dragonrider
06-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Happy Birthday John - MANY happy returns!

The planned departure is already late enough to assure we will only join for breakfast. Can't yield an entire day to play....

Spyder Couple
06-13-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't think Darrell and I will make it on the 19th. Spyder with 1100+ miles is going to the doctor for the 600 and 1000 miles check ups tomorrow (14th) and not sure we will have it back by then. It has some issues they need to address..

I am already have spyder withdrawels..:(

I may have to be an outlaw for a while and ride my 2 wheeled Honda..ride if you have them..

sealfloorboards
06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't think Darrell and I will make it on the 19th. Spyder with 1100+ miles is going to the doctor for the 600 and 1000 miles check ups tomorrow (14th) and not sure we will have it back by then. It has some issues they need to address..

I am already have spyder withdrawels..:(

I may have to be an outlaw for a while and ride my 2 wheeled Honda..ride if you have them..

Really sorry to hear about your Spyder problems. You are very welcome on your two wheels in my book.

John

Spyder Couple
06-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Really sorry to hear about your Spyder problems. You are very welcome on your two wheels in my book.

John

Thank you John.
I can't hold up my two wheeler for very long anymore. We already sold Darrell 2 wheeler so we will have to pass.

Keep us informed and hopefully next time will be with ya all..

RIDE to LIVE & LIVE to RIDE

Dragonrider
06-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Doesn't look like RA will smile on any Saturday plans. Seems the rain nymphs have won another Northwet battle! Spyder will stay home & dry... Next weekend is the annual Cook Park balloon festival - I'll be there with my grand kids.

Happy Father's day to all w/kids!

Slybird
06-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey guys! Just got back into town yesterday afternoon around 5pm. Went down to the Bay Area to participate in the Bay Area SRA Chapter's first annual Spyder Safety Day and BBQ. Had a fantastic time (& put 1,400 miles on the RT). My arms look like chocolate bars with all the sun I got. :opps:

Anyway, I'm glad to see another Columbia Area ryde coming up. Kathy and I are more than likely going to attend but I'd like to throw my two cents in, as well.
1) 9:00 PBO works for Kathy and me, but a little later would be better for those folks who're coming from up north. It would also allow the day to warm up a little bit.
2) I agree with Dragonrider in that an Estacada/224 route would be alot more scenic, less traffic, cooler roads, etc.

But, as always, I'll go along with the majority (I'm so whipped!).

BTW - while in the Bay Area, I won some really cool lights for my RT in the BBQ raffle and Katlyn and Geoff put them on my :spyder2: for me Saturday night......Dan, you're going to be soooo jealous!! :roflblack:

spyderdan
06-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey everyone,
I too just got back from a long ride to the Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally in Baker City, OR, putting 1,050 miles on the Spyder. Can you believe there were only 5 Spyders representing Can Am? Where were all the NW Spyder Ryders??? As Bill mentioned, it is suppose to rain Sunday, and after riding in the rain for 5 days, I would love a ride in the sun for a change! Also, with it being "Father's Day", we will have to pass on this one, sorry.

sealfloorboards
06-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Do we have a final itinerary and PBO?

8 Legged Freak
06-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Do we have a final itinerary and PBO?

Will have 2 options for way out to Detroit Lake, we can let the group that is actually riding decide the route.

Still have a 9am PBO planned.

By the way, Seven Brides is having a special Fathers day meal in addition to their normal menu.

It is also Silverton's Strawberry festival.

sealfloorboards
06-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Will have 2 options for way out to Detroit Lake, we can let the group that is actually riding decide the route.

Still have a 9am PBO planned.

By the way, Seven Brides is having a special Fathers day meal in addition to their normal menu.

It is also Silverton's Strawberry festival.

See you then.

John

RetiredCGRider
06-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Works for me too.

sealfloorboards
06-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Works for me too.

Cool, looking forward to meeting you:2thumbs:.

John

Slybird
06-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Kathy says that we'll be there, too, with our bells on - and we'll bring our :spyder2:'s, too! :shemademe_smilie:

RetiredCGRider
06-18-2011, 01:36 AM
My wife will be out of town for a week, so it will just be me. And my new CB radio that doesn't work.

Spyder Couple
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Darrell and I have been checking to see the comments about the ride.

So was it fun and exciting and a great ride?

8 Legged Freak
06-21-2011, 01:32 AM
It was great. The scenery was beautiful, the rivers with their white water was pretty. Stopped just as we got into Detroit and a group of 2 wheelers were there and of course, they had to ask about the Spyders.

We had lunch at the biker restaurant in Detroit, it was fun to break bread with good people and listen to their life stories.

The ride from there was to get ags and go home for a few of us. John and Marsha along with Bill and Kathy went to the Silverton Strawberry festival.

200 miles plus, good people, beautiful scenery, twisties, and I got 35 miles to the gallon. Priceless.

Oh yeah, Kathy had a great new shirt and a very quiet back seat rider. But that is for her to tell.

spyderdan
06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Sorry we missed it, sounds like a good one! Hopefully, with the next one we can be back at 100% of the group and maybe more newbies!

Slybird
06-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Kathy and I both had a great time! The scenery was, indeed, beautiful and the weather was fabulous - not too hot, not too cool. Here's a picture of the group at our lunch break in Detroit. (L-R) George's RT, Kathy, George, Kathy's RT, John's RT, Marsha, John, Scotty's RT, Scotty's cell phone :D, Scotty and Michael's RT.

Slybird
06-21-2011, 12:00 PM
John and Marsha along with Bill and Kathy went to the Silverton Strawberry festival.

Oh yeah, Kathy had a great new shirt and a very quiet back seat rider. But that is for her to tell.

Kathy's in deep trouble now!!! Who's this Bill??? Can't lose sight of that woman for an instant!!! (At least I got to view a really cool Betty Boop tattoo!)

Regarding her new shirt, I agree - I'll let her explain. Have fun with that one, Darling!! :roflblack:

8 Legged Freak
06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Kathy's in deep trouble now!!! Who's this Bill??? Can't lose sight of that woman for an instant!!! (At least I got to view a really cool Betty Boop tattoo!)

Regarding her new shirt, I agree - I'll let her explain. Have fun with that one, Darling!! :roflblack:

Sorry Michael, bad with names. My memory was marred by your picture you showed at lunch.:roflblack:

Spyder Couple
06-21-2011, 05:39 PM

I can't wait to hear this story. I think we need pictures of the new shirt also.

Got our :f_spider: back from SK today.
We are so excited:yes: to have it back.
We missed it so much..:gaah:

IWN2RYD
06-21-2011, 05:45 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/blurr91/avatars/Uselesswithoutpics.jpg

http://www.klr650.net/forums/images/smilies/worthless.gif

:ohyea::roflblack::ohyea::roflblack:

sealfloorboards
06-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Sunday was a ball:2thumbs::ohyea:. As usual, I forgot my camera:dontknow:. For you guys who got to meet my friend Marsha, she had a blast and is looking forward to some future rides:clap:. Hopefully she will become the designated photographer on my Spyder. It was interesting getting her perspective on how the RT handled the twisties. Said she felt very secure and safe and the curves were no problem at all. I'm much too modest to mention my amazing riding skills:roflblack:.

When and where to next?

John

Slybird
06-22-2011, 10:59 AM
O.K. - - I'll do it - - but it was YOU GUYS that asked for it - - I'm not responsible (well, that's a given, anyway!).

Here's Kathy's t-shirt (minus Kathy :cus:) and her silent passenger, Clyde :doorag:.

.....and with that, I turn tail and run!!! :ohyea::D:ohyea::D:ohyea: