PDA

View Full Version : My visit to the spyder stealership

Atonic
06-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Wife's spyder needed a new rear tire.

Took it to Ask. Was quoted 2hrs labor @ $85/hr:yikes:. Thought the rate was high, considering local dealerships charge $65. 2 hours seemed like a long time to change a tire, but hey, it's a spyder.

They changed the tire in 55 minutes. Still charged me for 2 hours.:hun:

Does anyone know an honest service place to take a spyder in SW Ohio?

budro
06-10-2011, 06:51 PM
honda of jackson

jvicker
06-10-2011, 06:55 PM
I needed a new tire when down for Spyderfest. Cowtown charged me $194 total and were done under an hour. :2thumbs: also adjusted my parking brake free of charge.:thumbup:

bonehead
06-11-2011, 01:43 PM
MIDDLETOWN CYCLE, tell Aaron that the OSR Group sent you. great guys:clap:

pierrelogic
06-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Wife's spyder needed a new rear tire.

Took it to Ask. Was quoted 2hrs labor @ $85/hr:yikes:. Thought the rate was high, considering local dealerships charge $65. 2 hours seemed like a long time to change a tire, but hey, it's a spyder.

Does anyone know an honest service place to take a spyder in SW Ohio?

Which one...there are three ASK dealerships.:dontknow:

mrwidget
06-13-2011, 08:54 PM
budro is right take it to honda of jackson

ArmyJoe
06-27-2011, 09:15 PM

They charged you the amount of time listed in the service manual:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=512&pictureid=16410

I changed my own rear tire. $64 for the tire, $20 for Sears Auto to mount it on the rim.

Atonic
07-03-2011, 12:38 AM
So BRP is telling their dealers to defraud customers. Why am I not surprised.

You used a car tire, I take it? I suggested that but she wanted to go with a stock tire.

fastfraser
07-03-2011, 03:27 AM
I don't get it ! They tell you it takes 2 hours at 85 bucks per hour . You say yes and pay them or say no and go somewhere else and pay them what they quote .

Flat rate has been around since they invented the wheel . As well how is BRP the bad guy here ?

MarkLawson
07-03-2011, 06:54 AM
I don't get it ! They tell you it takes 2 hours at 85 bucks per hour . You say yes and pay them or say no and go somewhere else and pay them what they quote .

Flat rate has been around since they invented the wheel . As well how is BRP the bad guy here ?

:agree:

NancysToy
07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
So BRP is telling their dealers to defraud customers. Why am I not surprised.

You used a car tire, I take it? I suggested that but she wanted to go with a stock tire.
This is not fraud. The practice is called charging "Flat Rate". It has been common in the automotive industry for many decades. If a mechanic beats flat rtae, the dealership makes money, if he is slower, they lose. A good dealership will tell you the flat rate cost up front, so there are no big surprises when you get the bill.

ArmyJoe
07-03-2011, 09:58 AM

Yes. I went with the Kumho Ecsta AST that many here have had success with.

Atonic
07-03-2011, 11:32 PM

For telling dealers to charge 2 hours labor for a one hour job.

pierrelogic
07-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Atonic,

I tried to help but you chose to ignore my offer. Just doesn't seem like you're getting much satisfaction by just coming back to complain. :dontknow:

Hope everything works out for you.

Some Guy
07-05-2011, 02:45 PM
My dealer charged me 1 hour for the tire change (Kumho), but then another $20 "clean up" fee because I had Ride On in the old tire. To their defense, they do have a clearly posted sign stating that policy.