PDA

View Full Version : Okay everyone wish me luck:)

Spydee1
06-10-2011, 07:30 AM
I have yet to make a big trip on my new Spyder (or big for me). Just done local rydes and on the interstate for a few miles. Have less than 700 miles total on my Spyder so far.

Hubby and I are planing a four hour trip to Mississippi this weekend.:yikes: It will be my first true interstate/long ryde experience. I am a bit nervous and also a bit excited. He will be on his goldwing and we will stay close and be in constant communication, but still its a first for me. Any advice is always appreciated.

So send good vibes my way.

Thanks,
Dee

docdoru
06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Just relax, follow the leader and his signals. :doorag:

dave01
06-10-2011, 07:39 AM
You have chosen a good partner to make your first long ryde with. Someone you already know and trust. Ride your own speed, take frequent breaks and enjoy what ryding the Spyder is all about. Remember, its not the destination, but the ryde that means the most.

OH, and NO texting and ryding at the same time.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
06-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Like Doc said relax. I actually feel safer on the expressway than on side roads. Watch your mirrors so you always know what is coming behind you and always use your turn signals. Have fun.

johnnyg
06-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Try to relax as much as you can, then try deep breathing it helps, and fellow him at a safe destances, Most of all RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE. Have a safe trip and let us know how it went.:2thumbs: :2thumbs: JC

spydrluvr
06-10-2011, 08:08 AM
I have yet to make a big trip on my new Spyder (or big for me). Just done local rydes and on the interstate for a few miles. Have less than 700 miles total on my Spyder so far.

Hubby and I are planing a four hour trip to Mississippi this weekend.:yikes: It will be my first true interstate/long ryde experience. I am a bit nervous and also a bit excited. He will be on his goldwing and we will stay close and be in constant communication, but still its a first for me. Any advice is always appreciated.

So send good vibes my way.

Thanks,
Dee

:thumbup: sit back, relax, hang on loose and let the spyder do it's thing.....speaking from experience....have a great time!!!:yes::yes:

Bob Denman
06-10-2011, 08:15 AM
You have chosen a good partner to make your first long ryde with. Someone you already know and trust. Ride your own speed, take frequent breaks and enjoy what ryding the Spyder is all about. Remember, its not the destination, but the ryde that means the most.
:agree: :thumbup: Don't forget to have fun! :D We'll expect a full report on our desks the morning after your return... :ohyea:

sealfloorboards
06-10-2011, 10:39 AM
:agree: :thumbup: Don't forget to have fun! :D We'll expect a full report on our desks the morning after your return... :ohyea:

You're in good hands. Just relax and enjoy the ride. Your jitters will fade quickly and that smile will creep across your face,:2thumbs:

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

Texmac1011
06-10-2011, 10:47 AM
At the end of the day, all the nervous feelings will be gone. Only anticipation for the next ride will exist.

Good luck and be safe!

jnt
06-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Congrats on your coming :spyder2: trip. Ditto on 'your own ryde' and 'turn signals'. I add when slowing (which the Spyder does VERY well just backing off the throttle) a bit of pressure on the brake pedal (to hit the brake lights) is a good idea also, especially if someone is following close.

tofriendscreek
06-10-2011, 11:21 AM
On my first "long" ryde it was a combination of first 2 lane roads and then the Interstate. I got to the on ramp, stomach full of very active butterflies, hit the throttle ... And they all settled down and the apprehension fly away. Ryde your rude, give folks and yourself plenty of space, rude defensively and enjoy the feeling and the miles roll by. :thumbup:

Spydee1
06-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone for the advise and good thoughts sent for my first big trip.

Sorry to sound like a teenager from the 90's but..IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!. I was little nervous passing the bit rigs, but otherwise it was perfect. Took more like six hours each way with gas stops and breaks and of course answering questions at everyone stop about the Spyder. Never thought at 52 I would become a star:)

I seem to have lost muscle strength in my left hand, but I am sure its just muscles that I don't use much getting a good workout.

Ready for next trip.....

Dee

ARtraveler
06-13-2011, 12:59 PM
all good advice given. I see it worked out for you. The next ryde will be easier and even more fun.

spyderdreamer
06-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the advise and good thoughts sent for my first big trip.

Sorry to sound like a teenager from the 90's but..IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!. I was little nervous passing the bit rigs, but otherwise it was perfect. Took more like six hours each way with gas stops and breaks and of course answering questions at everyone stop about the Spyder. Never thought at 52 I would become a star:)

I seem to have lost muscle strength in my left hand, but I am sure its just muscles that I don't use much getting a good workout.

Ready for next trip.....

Dee

:2thumbs: :doorag: :2thumbs:
It’s a great feeling to get the “BIG RIDE” finished!
I so know the feeling did the same this weekend with Hubby on his M109. We went to see the Family so I could show off my Spyder :spyder2:it took 6 hours down with taking a side route with less traffic and more turns LOL. I felt great other than a little hot and we ended up buying a camelback for me on the ride home so with less stops made it home in 4 ½ hours! Looking forward to the next trip!

SpyderWolf
06-13-2011, 08:58 PM
:2thumbs: Glad everything went well for you on the ryde, and that you are already looking forward to the next one. That is great!