PDA

View Full Version : Uninvited Vendors

Yol Bolsun
06-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I understand from another post that the vendors supporting this site were not invited to participate (display wares) at the event site, Maggie Valley Festival Grounds. I also caught someplace in another post that some will be in the Maggie Valley area nonetheless. Would it be possible, if not unethical, for them too post here where they might be found? Unofficially of course.

Lamont, if this post/thread is out of line, please delete.

bullant12
06-09-2011, 08:11 PM
I understand from another post that the vendors supporting this site were not invited to participate (display wares) at the event site, Maggie Valley Festival Grounds. I also caught someplace in another post that some will be in the Maggie Valley area nonetheless. Would it be possible, if not unethical, for them too post here where they might be found? Unofficially of course.

Lamont, if this post/thread is out of line, please delete.

From what I can understand, they will be at Lamont's BBQ. They will also be in their respective hotels, I guess they will let us know where they are at thru spyderlovers.com or the day of the BBQ.:2thumbs:

Lamonster
06-09-2011, 08:16 PM
There are no vendors at the Owners Event but it has nothing to do with supporting this site. I know a few of the vendors will be at my BBQ and one with their trailer and there may be others at hotels and such but this is not like Spyderfest, this is put on by BRP and they have never had vendors at any owners event.

Yol Bolsun
06-09-2011, 08:16 PM
But not all of us are able to get to Lamont's and word of mouth is sketchy. Hope fully they can post here.

Firefly
06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
But not all of us are able to get to Lamont's and word of mouth is sketchy. Hope fully they can post here.

I thought Lamont's BBQ was the whole reason for most going.....:2thumbs:

Yol Bolsun
06-09-2011, 09:40 PM

I suspect it probably is :thumbup:, just couldn't get away sitting on the golden egg that early in the week. (not and have it hatch on time...:roflblack:)

bullant12
06-09-2011, 09:51 PM
I suspect it probably is :thumbup:, just couldn't get away sitting on the golden egg that early in the week. (not and have it hatch on time...:roflblack:)

Don't worry... Word of mouth travels fast!!:thumbup:

Phil
06-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Excellent reason ... buuuuuuut.... we can only get away for MV.

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Lamonster
06-10-2011, 12:40 AM
This will be my first BRP Owners event and I find it unusual that there will be no vendors there. :hun: I know the BMW national rallies by either BMWMOA or BMWRA always have vendors. Same with the Wing Dings. Why doesn't BRP invite vendors to their events? :dontknow:

:chat:

I don't know anything about BMW but Wingding is put on by GWRRA not Honda and when Honda did have the Honda Homecoming they did not have vendors there. They did have them at the Honda Hoot but that was a Honda Riders event and they even had other manufactures there. Guess you can ask BRP when you get there.:doorag:

dancogan
06-10-2011, 06:47 AM
I don't know anything about BMW but Wingding is put on by GWRRA not Honda and when Honda did have the Honda Homecoming they did not have vendors there. They did have them at the Honda Hoot but that was a Honda Riders event and they even had other manufactures there. Guess you can ask BRP when you get there.:doorag:

The BMW RA and the BMW MOA rallies are not put on by BMW but rather by clubs that are independent of BMW. Therefore they have vendors.

If vendors are invited to a factory sponsored event I suppose the factory might be concerned that there is an implied endorsement by the factory of any vendor and product at the event. I doubt BRP wants to be in that position.

Lamonster
06-10-2011, 07:46 AM
The BMW RA and the BMW MOA rallies are not put on by BMW but rather by clubs that are independent of BMW. Therefore they have vendors.

If vendors are invited to a factory sponsored event I suppose the factory might be concerned that there is an implied endorsement by the factory of any vendor and product at the event. I doubt BRP wants to be in that position.
:agree: and it looks like BMW is included with Honda in not having vendors.

Yol Bolsun
06-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Okay, so it has been confirmed (and reconfirmed) that this will be a BRP sponsored event at the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds.

Now then, would vendors (who are in the Maggie Valley area and possibly attending the Spyder Owners Event as legitimate Spyder owners) please let us know where their trailers will likely be parked and their wares might be looked at or possibly purchased?

This could eliminate some unnecessary cruising of Soco Road.

Jewels
06-10-2011, 02:27 PM
We will be at the Owner's Event visiting with other SPYDER RYDERS and we will be easy to find. We will be glad to answer any questions about our products and help in any way!

Trooper
06-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Elka Suspension will not be at the Maggie Valley event or Lamonts BBQ(:cus:), however, Len from Cowtown will be there to sell Elka products on my behalf.

bjt
06-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Elka Suspension will not be at the Maggie Valley event or Lamonts BBQ(:cus:), however, Len from Cowtown will be there to sell Elka products on my behalf.

:dontknow: :sour: I thought you were going to at Lamont's doing installs.... I was going to have you fine tune the Elka's I won in Cuba.

Trooper
06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
:dontknow: :sour: I thought you were going to at Lamont's doing installs.... I was going to have you fine tune the Elka's I won in Cuba.

Unfortunately the company decided that Lamonts BBQ may be just too much fun for me to handle and figured it was better to have me sitting at my desk doing paperwork. :(

Besides, you will be in great hands with Len from Cowtown. :thumbup:

SPYDERPOPS
06-13-2011, 09:35 AM
SPYDERPOPS will be at Wheels Through Time, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. We will be at Lamont's to eat and meet everyone, keeping it a social event!

Harvey

Roger
06-13-2011, 10:07 AM
This is what i believe MV is a owners event from BRP sort of like a thank you for being a customer. You don't go to the coca cola's office to drink pepsi.
Lamonsters bbq is a different event from the the owners event plain and simple. jmo

arntufun
06-13-2011, 10:16 AM
This is what i believe MV is a owners event from BRP sort of like a thank you for being a customer. You don't go to the coca cola's office to drink pepsi.
Lamonsters bbq is a different event from the the owners event plain and simple. jmo

Yes Roger I understand, But I like Pepsi better though. :roflblack::roflblack:

Lamonster
06-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately the company decided that Lamonts BBQ may be just too much fun for me to handle and figured it was better to have me sitting at my desk doing paperwork. :(

Besides, you will be in great hands with Len from Cowtown. :thumbup:
Well that just suxs. :gaah:

I did receive a stack of shocks today for Len. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Yes Roger I understand, But I like Pepsi better though. :roflblack::roflblack:

...and I thought that you were a Rum & Coke kind of guy... :roflblack:

SpyderWolf
06-13-2011, 09:07 PM
SPYDERPOPS will be at Wheels Through Time, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. We will be at Lamont's to eat and meet everyone, keeping it a social event!

Harvey

I will be coming to see you on Friday sir! Thanks for the info. :2thumbs:

Yol Bolsun
06-13-2011, 10:40 PM

Harvey

Will be by sometime Saturday.

Yfactor
06-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Well that just suxs. :gaah:

I did receive a stack of shocks today for Len. :thumbup:

Need my name on a set of those Len! :clap:

Lamonster
06-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Need my name on a set of those Len! :clap:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=15879

Yfactor
06-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Will be coming in from Waynesville, NC where I'm spending the nights from Wednesday through Monday morning. Leaving VA Wed. morning with a stop to visit a friend for a few hours then on to Waynesville and Lamonts on Thurs. for the festivities. This will be #288 first trip over 170 miles.

:yes::yes::yes: