PDA

View Full Version : Note to self...

Sopher
06-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Careful buddy... before you start to get too cocky out on that road... driving fairly aggressive in the city and on local main roads.
The back story...
Today I was in some kind of wacky mode when I left my first customer. I think I know how it starter too...

My usual trip to the customer (I do IT management) led me down RT 93 into the heart of Boston. Same heavy traffic, then into the HOV lane, over the Zakam bridge and then in the tunnels... up out and then into an automated garage below ground.

I finished the tasks and my lunch and went down to the garage. I notice this fairly hot looking young chick. I paid my garage parking fee and I went down the elevator. Got my stuff and gear done. This same chick hopped into the BMW suv parked in front of me. I noted hmm... all those collage stickers... must be mom and dads car.

By the time I got to the automated gate to exit, the BMW and another car were stopped infront of me. No mind you this automated gate in on a steem incline, and sharply curved. Spiral upwards really. She couldnt get the auto attendant gate to open the doors. :roflblack: A real attendant had to come down. Meanwhile I was stuck on the incline, uphill hoping my breaks would not slip or the engine to stall out due to me dumb thumbing the clutch. The doors finally opened. I finally got out. I past her around the corner and my driving was a bit aggressive and forcefull for downtown Boston. Part showboat, partly because I could.

One to the next customer about 10 city miles away. skip to the exit... It was hot out and my driving was still aggressive. a bit cocky. Not sure why still. It was fun. Maybe due to having a whole lot of confidence in the what my ability is and what the Spyder can do.

If i could lane split, I probably would have. I did dodge between a few lanes, moving ahead of traffic. And then this :cus: moped driver was splitting lanes and a real danger to all. A 50cc moped that does not have a license plate. He/It was holding up others and slowing down vans too. geez... leave the moped at home and take the train.

Once that thing was was behind me, the rest of the ride home in back streets, side residential streets home was enjoyable.

Not sure what causes the showboating or over confidence, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that this happens to!:ohyea:

Bob Denman
06-09-2011, 06:56 AM
The weather has everybody crankier than an old bear with a toothache also... :gaah: I took a ride out to Town to pick up Supper yesterday and found myself running about 5 mph faster than normal... talked myself out of that behavior when I had two deer cross the road in front of me heading for water... :yikes: