PDA

View Full Version : Corbin RT Seat (Heat under seat) Question

SilverSurfer
06-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Up front: Love my Corbin RT seat. I stand at the side of the Spyder and find myself ogling it alot. I've got everything set up with seat and backrest perfectly. Position and handling of the Spyder are totally stable.

So here's the issue: I've noticed with the Corbin seat, the heat that normally retains under the seat is venting a bit through the fuel door onto the inside of my left thigh; and it seems a bit hotter on the right side too.

Anyone else experiencing this? Tips?

Confession: Yesterday was around 92 degrees here and humid. Of course, one notices this more when you're sweltering anyway.

~ Surfer

freebob
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Up front: Love my Corbin RT seat. I stand at the side of the Spyder and find myself ogling it alot. I've got everything set up with seat and backrest perfectly. Position and handling of the Spyder are totally stable.

So here's the issue: I've noticed with the Corbin seat, the heat that normally retains under the seat is venting a bit through the fuel door onto the inside of my left thigh; and it seems a bit hotter on the right side too. Of course, one notices this more.

Confession: Yesterday was around 92 degrees here and humid.

~ Surfer

:agree:...New Rider Learning Curve...:coffee:

Freebob...:doorag:

NancysToy
06-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Nomex underwear? :roflblack:

fastfraser
06-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Have the same trouble here . We have the heated seat and have to keep checking to see if the seat is turned on !

SilverSurfer
06-09-2011, 06:38 AM
I've got one in agreement, Toy laughing at me (luv ya Toy -- I actually have some Nomex leftovers from my vacation in Iraq) and freebob listening intently.

I know we all love our Corbins ... I would just find it difficult to believe I'm the only one going, "Why does the inside of my left thigh feel like I'm resting a hot cup of coffee on it?" On a practical level, I'm wondering if there might be a discreet way of forming a seal around the fuel door when it's closed (almost like a thin insu-strip).

The fact is that directly under my tush and along the top of the saddle are MUCH better staving off the heat than the stock seat. I'm just trying to address this little anomaly around the fuel door and lower-front saddle edges.

Thanks ....

"Fire Thighs"

Shogun
07-16-2015, 08:51 PM
I've got one in agreement, Toy laughing at me (luv ya Toy -- I actually have some Nomex leftovers from my vacation in Iraq) and freebob listening intently.

I know we all love our Corbins ... I would just find it difficult to believe I'm the only one going, "Why does the inside of my left thigh feel like I'm resting a hot cup of coffee on it?" On a practical level, I'm wondering if there might be a discreet way of forming a seal around the fuel door when it's closed (almost like a thin insu-strip).

The fact is that directly under my tush and along the top of the saddle are MUCH better staving off the heat than the stock seat. I'm just trying to address this little anomaly around the fuel door and lower-front saddle edges.

Thanks ....

"Fire Thighs"

Gee, you would think that after 4 years Corbin could have gotten that gas door to fit properly. I have the same issue on my 2013. They sent me a second door. It's not the door. Its the door opening :sour: I used some 1/4" weather strip that helps.

PaladinLV
07-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Don't feel anything from my Corbin, but with temps in the 105 - 115 area, a few degrees more or less would not be noticed. :dontknow:

AJ

So here's the issue: I've noticed with the Corbin seat, the heat that normally retains under the seat is venting a bit through the fuel door onto the inside of my left thigh; and it seems a bit hotter on the right side too.

Confession: Yesterday was around 92 degrees here and humid. Of course, one notices this more when you're sweltering anyway.

~ Surfer