PDA

View Full Version : Mac question

wyliec
06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Has anyone gone from Leopard to Snow Leopard with no problem. I ask b/c Lion is coming in July; but, you have to have Snow Leopard.

I have Leopard and don't want Snow Leopard if there is a problem.

spyder3
06-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Has anyone gone from Leopard to Snow Leopard with no problem. I ask b/c Lion is coming in July; but, you have to have Snow Leopard.

As long as your MAC isnt that old, there are no issues i know of. You will probably be able to buy a snow disc pretty cheap once people upgrade to lion.

Hope that helps

john

bjt
06-07-2011, 09:08 PM

I've stayed pretty current with the Mac OS for many years and I can't recall any problems when I upgraded to Snow Leopard.

Questions
06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Upgrading should not be an issue at all.....
That being said, i'm assuming you have some type of Mac that is more or less current. If you do it is seamless...

I'm coming from a 100% Apple office and home enviro running about 35 or 40 Mac's and we run everything from the latest and greatest to units that are 4-5 years old on the hardware side of things. All are running current software and have not had any issues.

good Luck

Lamonster
06-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Well I had a problem. Seems I had a hard drive that had some bad sectors in it and I didn't know it till I did the upgrade. Long story short, Apple replaced my 320 gig hard drive with a 500 gig hard drive and installed Snow Leopard free of charge even though the iMac was over a year out of warranty :thumbup:

dancogan
06-08-2011, 07:15 AM
I have a first gen MacBook Air and did the conversion with no problem. My next desktop will definitely be Apple, so i can concentrate of doing my tasks and not on what the OS is doing.

bjt
06-08-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm adding this because I'm not sure if I answered the question like I wanted to in my first post.

As far as Snow Leopard having issues as an operating system, the answer is no. There might have been a few changes to the way some minor things work in certain programs (like hotkey shortcuts) but I've not had any problems with using Snow Leopard.

wyliec
06-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm adding this because I'm not sure if I answered the question like I wanted to in my first post.

As far as Snow Leopard having issues as an operating system, the answer is no. There might have been a few changes to the way some minor things work in certain programs (like hotkey shortcuts) but I've not had any problems with using Snow Leopard.

I installed today and no problems. I'm now ready for Lion due in July.

tobor9
06-08-2011, 07:58 PM
I upgraded to SL when itt came out in all 6 of my Mac's and have not had any problems,can't wait for Loin.

bjt
06-10-2011, 09:25 PM
After watching the entire Apple Keynote address, I am hyped to get Lion, IOS5 and iCloud. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Florida girl
06-10-2011, 09:51 PM
After watching the entire Apple Keynote address, I am hyped to get Lion, IOS5 and iCloud. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:agree: :clap:

Dragonrider
06-11-2011, 11:59 AM
I have three macs at home (plus an iPhone (retired) and iPad (my new iPhone)). I run SL on all the Macs - one was an upgrade, with no problems.