PDA

View Full Version : Met JohnnyG yesterday

WaltH
06-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I was on Interstate 10 in northern Florida yesterday, going home early from a H.O.G. touring rally when I met JohnnyG. The weather was just too hot for me to continue the ride, so I left before it was even half over (something I had never done before).

I was cruising along when I noticed an eighteen wheeler behind me flashing his headlights. Usually, this means there is a trooper up ahead, but this guy was behind me. I didn’t know what to think of this. Next, he was passing me blowing his horn and waving. Now I was convinced there must be something wrong with my Spyder. It didn’t seem like there was anything wrong. It was running good and handling as it should. I had my laundry in a dry sack on the pillion seat, but I could see in the rear view mirrors that the bungee cords were attached. The guy in the truck went ahead of me and pulled over to the side of the road. He motioned for me to pull over, which I did. I got off the Spyder expecting the guy in the truck to tell me my rear wheel had fallen off 10 miles back.;)

The truck driver said there was nothing wrong with my Spyder, he just wanted to find out who I was (Florida plates). He introduced himself as JohnnyG. Of course, I knew exactly who he was. I had been following his posts. I knew about his wife’s new pearl white RS. I knew she had to work so they could not go to Maggie Valley. I just didn’t know what he looked like.

It was kind of JohnnyG to make the effort to meet me. It seems like all Spyder owners are my brothers and my sisters. The bond between us is not based on the machine, but rather the Roadster Life Style.

johnnyg
06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I didn't mean to scare you, sorry, but after our little chat it was a pleasure meeting you. I know the interstate isn't the safest place to pull over, But I had you covered with the 18 wheeler. Just remember spyder riders some of us are still working and were not as lucky as some of you who are lucky enough to ride when ever you like. So you never know who might be out there on the super slab with you. As the truckers always say, keep the dirty side down and have a safe trip. JC