PDA

View Full Version : Spyderweb Across America

Tripod
06-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Check out Lamonster's post on the big board about his idea. I think the MO GANG could come up with quite a few ideas for ride destinations.

I'm up for creating a few spots here in the Branson/Tri Lakes area.

Tripod :joke:

G-Man
06-06-2011, 04:25 AM
Here is a short list. Others will chime in, I'm sure.

1. The "Mural City", Cuba, MO
Home of;

the greatest Spyder Dealership in the Country, Cow Town USA
Spyder Fest US
The Worlds Largest Rocking Chair
"The Gateway to America"
Gateway Arch, St Louis, MO

2. The oldest prison west of the Mississippi, Jefferson City, MO .

3. Lake Ozark is a must see location. Very bike friendly.

4. Branson, MO. #1 vacation location in the US.

5. For the sportsmen (and women) Bass Pro Shop, Springfield, MO

6. Missouri Town 1855, Lee's Summit, MO.

7. And of course, a lot of this is along Historic Route 66, providing for many short stops at historic sites.

Anyone riding through can call ahead for a quick "meet and greet" along the way. :doorag:

Mo Lee
06-06-2011, 04:34 AM

Home of;

Spyder Fest US
"The Gateway to America"

7. And of course, a lot of this is along Historic Route 66, providing for many short stops at historic sites.

Anyone riding through can call ahead for a quick "meet and greet" along the way. :doorag:
Good start G-Man, actually we were starting to discuss this at dinner when Len spotted Amy Roloff a few tables away, and then the discussion changed to is it her or not.

Pandy
06-06-2011, 04:39 AM
We are going to be in Moberly "The Magic City" from 4 July to about 12 July. Planning visits to Cuba,Cape Girardeau (speaking of murals) Chain of Rocks, Hermann, and who knows what else. So be on the lookout for a rapidly approaching Orbital Blue Spyder. Oh, see you in MV.

Patrick

(Smacks forehead) How could I forget Lambert's?

G-Man
06-06-2011, 04:42 AM
Cool. Whoever Amy Roloff is.

Mo Lee
06-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Cool. Whoever Amy Roloff is.
The Mother from Little People Big World TV Show.

GloryRyders
06-06-2011, 05:35 AM

Home of;

Spyder Fest US
"The Gateway to America"

:agree:.......all great ideas G-Man...........we could also add a couple more from St. Louis:

1. St. Louis Zoo
2. Mo. Botanical Garden
3. The Brewery

Pandy
06-06-2011, 10:45 AM
How about the Pinnacles, just south of Moberly off US 63? My wife, Sandi has driven that road as either a driver or passenger for 55 years, and never knew they were there. What a find! Pictures? What pictures? A true hidden treasure.

Patrick

As a footnote, there are four covered bridges remaining in Missouri. We did a vacation with the goal of seeing them all...and we did it!

pitbull
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Just a thought gang....lets think biker here.......bikers hate big citys....we go for twisties, and like the stuff in the country. I'm thinking Herman would be great....wagon wheel on 66 and the rocking chair. I think stuff like Johnson shut ends, Elephant Rock, St.joe state park, some of our many springs, places you can really take your bike to and must see places in the country.......maybe i'm wrong but I would like to nominate stuff on cool highways that more unique.....zoos and big buildings are ok, but i'm in the stuff similar to Sturgis....Devils tower, spearfish canyona, needles...and so

SpyderMeLucky
06-27-2011, 09:03 PM
I believe the road between Hannibal and Hwy 70 is a great ryde. Has the hills and views, is rural, and has curves but alas not too many of the twisties (of the likes of Dragon's Tail kind. Lol).

Also the road from the intersection of Hwy 40/Hwy 94 along South Hwy 94 to Washington and Herman is full of hills, twisties, the Wineries, views of the Missouri River, and is pretty rural. An awesome ryde for any biker.