PDA

View Full Version : SpYderweb USA!

mainah
06-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Ever since Gut's and Glory canceled I've been thinking about what I/we could do to replace it or better yet have our own major riding event with just Spyders. While I was in Cowtown I ran an idea I had by some of the folks there to see what they thought. The response was very supportive so I then approached BRP about my idea to see if they would want to run with it. They loved the idea but they were honest and said they didn't think they could make it happen as fast as we could. I called them again today to make sure they were okay with me running with this and they pretty much said the same thing and offered support in the way of prizes for winning members.

The concept is to create a spyderweb across the whole country, all 50 states with maybe some bonus points for some locations in Canada to help include our friends north of us.

We have state boards here now and what I would ask is each state come up with at least 10 major locations in their state that they think would be a good spot to visit on your Spyder. We will then put together an official list on each state board that you could check off as you visited those locations.

So lets say on the TN board one of the stops listed was "The Snake 421". You could be from any state and post on the TN board that you were at "The Snake" and submit a picture to go with it. You would then earn 10 points for that visit.

What I would really like to see is SpyderLovers organizing rides with local members to go out and knock out some of the stopping points on the list. It's really just an excuse to ride much like we did with the banner run a couple of years ago.

The nice thing about this is you could do as little or as much as you like. My guess is the more you ride and the more points you collect the more you'll want to get out and see how many of these points in the web you can knock out.

I'm pretty sure I can get vendors to kick in for some prizes and I was thinking maybe your local Spyder dealers might want to get involved as we could give some bonus points for stopping by a Spyder dealer.

If you think this is something you would like to do we can start to work on the details. So what do you think, do you want to build a spyderweb across America? :doorag:

Abbot Spyder
06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Good evening, sound like a good idea, I hope it get of the ground. May I suggest a place to visit: Greenville moosehead lake area, it's beautiful in the summer and specialy in the fall when the fly-in is schedule. :thumbup:

somanyroads
06-18-2011, 08:16 PM
mainah

Great idea! Maine is a big state and there are many good things to see. From the coast to the mountains, there are some good riding roads.

I can't believe I just saw this post, because you placed it on 6/8.

Thanks Denny :agree: :spyder2:

spydrluvr
06-18-2011, 09:54 PM
are there two separate posts going for this....i'm pretty sure this exact thread was posted my Lamonster, with great response.

:yikes::gaah::yikes:

somanyroads
06-19-2011, 07:06 AM
spydrluvr

Thanks for the info on the other other posts. I found them! :2thumbs:

Denny :spyder2: