PDA

View Full Version : Removing Surface Scratches

twoseas
06-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi all,

I accidentally rubbed the nose of my wife's Spyder when I rode it up on a utility trailer.

I rode it to far forward and the nose rubbed on the metal frame.

The scratch is very surperficial and I'm looking to see if anyone can recommend how to remove this surface scratch.

I wanted to clarify that the surface scratch is in the black plastic area and not the paint finish. It is more like a rubbed area instead of a scratch.

Thanks in advance,

Ray

StriperKing
06-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Bring it to Southern Indiana and I will do it for you, lol. That is a serious offer but a really good detail shop will have everything to do this with. I do this for brand new Toyota vehicles before they leave the factory along with dents, etc. To do it right you do need some good equip. and materials. A good detail shop would not charge to much if they are truly superficial.

twoseas
06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Bring it to Southern Indiana and I will do it for you, lol. That is a serious offer but a really good detail shop will have everything to do this with. I do this for brand new Toyota vehicles before they leave the factory along with dents, etc. To do it right you do need some good equip. and materials. A good detail shop would not charge to much if they are truly superficial.

Striper,

Thanks for your reply ! I clarified my post stating that the scratch is in the black plastic area of the nose and not the paint finish. It's more like a rubbed area instead of a scratch. Sorry for my lack of details.

Ray