PDA

View Full Version : Come on guys!

jvicker
06-04-2011, 03:52 PM
We need to get our crap together! We are probably the least active state in the Spyderlover community. I know we are in Wisconsin and its FINALLY nice but... We need to start meeting our fellow Wisconsin spyder riders. Time to start organizing things. Elkspyder and Bersquack are the veterans here so with their help (:pray:) I'd like to start up some "Meet,Greet and Ride". If everyone can put in their 2cents on when and where. We could start with smaller locally MGRs weekly. Maybe take over Two Wheel Tuesdays. :dontknow: and maybe once a monthly/bimonthly we travel north,south,east or west to MGR with everyone else.:dontknow: Hopefully we are able to get out and cover the entire state to hang with our fellow Spyderlovers:2thumbs:

What do you say:thumbup:

JJW SpyderRider
06-04-2011, 04:56 PM
:2thumbs:I'm not in WI but do most of my riding there. Last weekend was a ride around Lake Koshonong with lunch at the Anchor Inn. I would love to join you guys for a ride.

jvicker
06-08-2011, 07:59 PM
2 responses:( really. And they're from Illinois. Looks like I gotta move.

JJW SpyderRider
06-08-2011, 08:08 PM

I know of 15 other WI Spyders, must all be out riding!

SteveMac
06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I am thinking about rYding my Spyder to a business meeting in Brookfield in August. Does that count? :joke:

Seriously, If I do, I'm stopping in Cherry Valley IL to eat at Salamones Pizza. Grown partial to that place!

JJW SpyderRider
06-08-2011, 09:23 PM
I am thinking about rYding my Spyder to a business meeting in Brookfield in August. Does that count? :joke:

Seriously, If I do, I'm stopping in Cherry Valley IL to eat at Salamones Pizza. Grown partial to that place!

Let me know when you are coming and we can meet up.

SteveMac
06-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Will do!

Let me know when you are coming and we can meet up.

TLesky
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
troubles for a guy like me is location and therefore time. most everyone else on here is in the eastern part of the state. me being in the extreme west, makes for a 3 hour trip just to find other ryders. working every other weekend doesnt help either.
hopefully i will get some time to head east soon and meet some of you. until then if any of you are heading west on I-90, holler at me and I will do all i can to hook up and ryde.:2thumbs:

Papa
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Another Norther Illinois member willing to come up to WI to ryde. I suggest the world famous Brat Stop if we need a place. Biker friendly.. I'm riding with ElkSpyder to MV so we can start discussing a Northern MidWest group...

ThreeFeet
06-09-2011, 10:26 AM
We need to get our crap together! We are probably the least active state in the Spyderlover community. I know we are in Wisconsin and its FINALLY nice but... We need to start meeting our fellow Wisconsin spyder riders. Time to start organizing things. Elkspyder and Bersquack are the veterans here so with their help (:pray:) I'd like to start up some "Meet,Greet and Ride". If everyone can put in their 2cents on when and where. We could start with smaller locally MGRs weekly. Maybe take over Two Wheel Tuesdays. :dontknow: and maybe once a monthly/bimonthly we travel north,south,east or west to MGR with everyone else.:dontknow: Hopefully we are able to get out and cover the entire state to hang with our fellow Spyderlovers:2thumbs:

What do you say:thumbup: Howdy I am from Mo and in Merrill now. Would love to have somebody show me THEIR roads. Could meet around Shawno? Sometime Fri or Sat the 10th or 11th?. Haven't seen ANY spyders up here on the roads yet. Believe they are shy and in hiding.:roflblack:

SpyderDen
06-09-2011, 10:44 AM
We will be heading to WI after Maggy Valley. Have kids in Janesville and Platteville(our orginal home) around the 1st of July and will probably stay a couple of weeks. Would love to meet up with others.:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Wishing you luck on getting organized rides with fellow :spyder2: lovers. Same problem here in AK. Everyone is out doing their own thing.

Fortunately I have a group of friends in a general motorcycle club that I ride with weekly from May through September.

Have been riding with them for 10 years now.

It is nice to enjoy the camaraderie and friendship of regular riding friends.

JJW SpyderRider
06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Howdy I am from Mo and in Merrill now. Would love to have somebody show me THEIR roads. Could meet around Shawno? Sometime Fri or Sat the 10th or 11th?. Haven't seen ANY spyders up here on the roads yet. Believe they are shy and in hiding.:roflblack:

You have Harbear just to your east and HDmod a little ways to your south. You might PM them to see if they want to get together for a ride.

JJW SpyderRider
06-09-2011, 01:33 PM
We will be heading to WI after Maggy Valley. Have kids in Janesville and Platteville(our orginal home) around the 1st of July and will probably stay a couple of weeks. Would love to meet up with others.:2thumbs:

Would love to get together! There is a fellow Spyder rider that camps up at the lake and Janesville is only 30 minutes away (or and hour taking the scenic tour). My father in-law has a condo in Cape Canaveral were he spends the winter.

wildwoman
06-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I am willing and able to go riding. I hope I can meet everyone at Lamonts BBQ or the BRP owners event in Maggie Valley, then maybe we can get our act together and go riding.

JJW SpyderRider
06-09-2011, 06:41 PM
I am willing and able to go riding. I hope I can meet everyone at Lamonts BBQ or the BRP owners event in Maggie Valley, then maybe we can get our act together and go riding.

Were are you located in WI? I keep a map of everyone in WI so I can make contact if I'm going to be riding in the area. :ohyea:

spyderwatey
06-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I am located just north of Mad City in Waunakee. Have 15k on our RTS to date. Most of those miles outside of our great State. However many nice touring rode's just to the west and north of my location!

jeff0110
06-10-2011, 08:56 AM
I am glad that I invited all to attend the the 2011 Wisconsin Road Run. It looks like I had great timing for that invite. I look forward to seeing all of you fellow spyder riders at the event and beyond! I have since posted a new thread on the main forum to get even more interest. Thanks guys and gals for supporting riding in Wisconsin for breast cancer.

IrishSpyder
06-13-2011, 01:40 PM
I would love to go if the date works. It's a little more difficult because i work 2 jobs. My hubby and I have off the 1st week of August and are planning a ride with no set destination or plans.

we usually do most of our rides sundays after 3. so if that works for anyone... lmk .. we are located in Appleton

Bersquack
06-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I don't read the forum as often as I used to.

I'd be up for a ride on a weekend. Just let me know when and if I'm available I'll be there.

TLesky
06-20-2011, 08:18 AM
@Jeff. My wife and I are planning to make the trip over to your neck of the woods for the WI ride. Any plans together yet for Spyder ryders to meet ahead of time??

IrishSpyder
06-20-2011, 08:21 AM
My hubby and I are making the ride... leaving out of Appleton

packbuckbrew
06-21-2011, 09:40 AM
I would be up for a Wisconsin Spyder get together and ryde. I think someone just needs to take the lead. Pick a time and place and go from there.

recordingguy
06-21-2011, 09:56 AM
:thumbup: Just a thought. There is a outting on Sunday, July 10 at Woodstock Public House on Main ST in Woodstock Il. The ride is a Spyder ride and is very close to WI. Breakfast and all bike out at !0:00 a.m. The ride is for Gavers Community Cancer Foundation. Ride ends at Burlington, WI. Pig roast, Raffles and live intertainment by Southern Exposure. $25.00/Bike $15.00 for aditional passenger... For info call Dave Robertson at (815) 814-5347. See you there! Bob :clap:

packbuckbrew
06-21-2011, 11:22 AM
:thumbup: Just a thought. There is a outting on Sunday, July 10 at Woodstock Public House on Main ST in Woodstock Il. The ride is a Spyder ride and is very close to WI. Breakfast and all bike out at !0:00 a.m. The ride is for Gavers Community Cancer Foundation. Ride ends at Burlington, WI. Pig roast, Raffles and live intertainment by Southern Exposure. $25.00/Bike $15.00 for aditional passenger... For info call Dave Robertson at (815) 814-5347. See you there! Bob :clap:

Thanks for the info., I would go but I am on-call that day. Have fun and a safe ryde.

wildwoman
06-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Were are you located in WI? I keep a map of everyone in WI so I can make contact if I'm going to be riding in the area. :ohyea:
In the southeastern part of the state in Sussex.

TLesky
06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
I would be up for a Wisconsin Spyder get together and ryde. I think someone just needs to take the lead. Pick a time and place and go from there.
agreed.:popcorn:

jvicker
06-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Sound like there are quite a few going to the poker run on 7/23:2thumbs:

If anyone is up for something before that... And you're not going (or are going) to Woodstock, IL on the 10th

I'm suggesting July 9 ( weather permitting) meeting @ Moose Jaw restaurant in Wis Dells around 10:00 or 11:00 for lunch and "get to know". Then go check out some of the roads west of the Dells. F,H,K?? Or if someone knows of some other roads near buy.

At lunch we can get suggestions for where to go in August.

Whose up for it?

SpyderDen
06-21-2011, 08:28 PM
We are on our way back from Maggy Valley to southern WI. Wife has a sister and her mother, in LaCrosse that we will be visiting around the 4th of July. We have a daughter in Janesville, son in Platteville and lots of relatives in southern WI. Would love to get together for a ride sometime the first 2 weeks of July before we head back to Florida. Keep posting.:2thumbs:

SpyderDen
06-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Hwy 23 south of the Dells, toward the House on the Rock is a great ride. Lots of twisties.:2thumbs:

packbuckbrew
06-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Cannot make 7/9, but I hope you guys have fun. If I wasn't on-call that weekend I would definitely been up for it.

TLesky
06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
If you are in la Crosse, my wife and I would love to ride. Send me a pm of when you will arrive and we can exchange phone numbers, etc. .:2thumbs:

ElkSpyder
06-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for not posting to this sooner. I'm not able to make July 9th or 10th, work. Then I have a wedding to attend in NC. Let me know about any ride in August and if I'm not on call I'll be there. I try to ride every weekend, but I'm on call 1 weekend out of 3. All of you southeastern riders, the Quaker Stake in New Berlin has a bike night every Wednesday. I try to stop by and at least stay for 1 soda. Get there about 6:00 pm. Would love to meet up with my fellow cheesehead :spyder2: owners.

Just an FYI I do a charity ride each September - WI to Peoria IL and then to Memphis in support of St. Jude's, would love to have some fellow :spyder2: come with. I'm talking with the organizers of this ride to start a satellite ride next year from WI. I've included a link to the rides web site. (hope that's OK Lamont)

http://www.stjuderides.org/Ride%202011.htm

Bersquack
06-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Unfortunately,

I will not be available on the 9th. I am hosting a BBQ at my house for my friends from work. I'll keep an eye out for this thread and see what else is going on.

jvicker
07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Doesn't look like anyone is interested in the Dells on the 9th. I may end up meeting the Illinois group in Burlington on the 10th instead. We will try another meet and greet again next month.:dontknow:

Spyderflyer1
07-16-2011, 11:28 AM
We've been happy RT owners since May. Already clocked 4,600 miles. Rode to Florida and back thu the Smokies. We're from Janesville and would love to ride with other Spyders.:doorag:

JJW SpyderRider
07-16-2011, 02:29 PM
We've been happy RT owners since May. Already clocked 4,600 miles. Rode to Florida and back thu the Smokies. We're from Janesville and would love to ride with other Spyders.:doorag:

You are welcome to join our group going to the Wisconsin Road Run on the 23rd. We are meeting at the Medards in Beloit @ 6:30 am then heading up to Winneconne. PM met if you would like to join in for details on our schedule. We have 6 Spyders in our group and will be staying the night to make a weekend of it.