PDA

View Full Version : Blue Highway Route?

Questions
06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm planning my trip to Maggie Valley and want to ride from Kissimmee to Maggie Valley, preferably in two days, without any super slab travel. I plugged it into my GPS and have a pretty good route worked out but there's nothing like personal knowledge. Any suggestions?

Hall Elliott

MouthPiece
06-03-2011, 01:02 PM
If you're in Kissimmee, then 441 almost all the way.

Chris

johnnyg
06-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Chris is right 441 all the way. Ha Chris ie your spydee done ????????? jc

MouthPiece
06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Chris is right 441 all the way. Ha Chris ie your spydee done ????????? jc

Hey John. It's not. I'm told it will be done by Tuesday. If it is not done, test ridden by them, test ridden by me and all the bugs are worked out, then the dealer promised me a show room spyder to use to go to Maggie Valley. Soooooooooooooooooooo. Looks like I'm going to MAGGIE VALLEY!!!

Chris

Scooter
06-03-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm planning my trip to Maggie Valley and want to ride from Kissimmee to Maggie Valley, preferably in two days, without any super slab travel. I plugged it into my GPS and have a pretty good route worked out but there's nothing like personal knowledge. Any suggestions?

Hall Elliott

Google said it is 627 miles to MV from Kiss. if you really, really, really did not want to go on super slabs, you could take 441 all the way up. You may make it by June 17th.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::dontknow: just be careful, see you up there.

BikerDoc
06-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Pretty rough traffic/stop and go lights getting out of Florida on 441 although I agree its the direct route.. I am going to Macon on the slab and then 441 the rest of the way catching what I think is the best of the scenery and the most open part of the ride... especially if you have already ridden florida a lot

dave01
06-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Pretty rough traffic/stop and go lights getting out of Florida on 441 although I agree its the direct route.. I am going to Macon on the slab and then 441 the rest of the way catching what I think is the best of the scenery and the most open part of the ride... especially if you have already ridden florida a lot

Thats the best way to go. 75 to Macon then 129/441 thru Franklin/Highlands to Maggie Valley. Watch out on 129/441 in the evenings. Deer have been around quite a bit.

InspectorGadget
06-05-2011, 05:23 PM

Hall Elliott
Hal,
Check out this thread as it describes our route.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28076
Come on and ryde with us.
C-YA RL

Questions
06-07-2011, 07:00 AM
If you're in Kissimmee, then 441 almost all the way.

Chris

Thanks. Looks like that's the consensus. My GPS even agrees (mostly).

Hall

Questions
06-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks. Looks like that's the consensus. My GPS even agrees (mostly).

Hall

I'm glad I asked this question. I'm not fanatical about no superslabs (or anything else), so, in line with your suggestions, I'm now thinking the TP and I75 to Lake City and then 441 from there up. Should cut significant time and aggravation from the first part of the trip.

Hall

Questions
06-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Hal,
Check out this thread as it describes our route.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28076
Come on and ryde with us.
C-YA RL

Thanks for the invite, but I can't leave until the 16th, so I won't make the BBQ.

Hall

MouthPiece
06-07-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm glad I asked this question. I'm not fanatical about no superslabs (or anything else), so, in line with your suggestions, I'm now thinking the TP and I75 to Lake City and then 441 from there up. Should cut significant time and aggravation from the first part of the trip.

Hall

I agree 100%. My original response was more or less geared to keeping you off I-75 like you had asked. You may even want to consider going on up to Macon on I-75, as RL and Hal suggested, and then head on up via 441.

Chris

Questions
06-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks, Chris. I'll make that decision when Ii get to the Lake City 441 exit. Depends on how I feel about I75 at the time.

I have a classmate from Cadets who lives in Cornelia, GA. I'll stop for a visit on the way up or back.

I do try to stay flexible (which ain't easy at age 75).

Hall

MouthPiece
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks, Chris. I'll make that decision when Ii get to the Lake City 441 exit. Depends on how I feel about I75 at the time.

I have a classmate from Cadets who lives in Cornelia, GA. I'll stop for a visit on the way up or back.

Hall

Hell I'm only 67 and there ain't much flexible left on me either. :roflblack:

Chris

Questions
06-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Hell I'm only 67 and there ain't much flexible left on me either. :roflblack:

Chris

I hear ya!

See you in Maggie Valley.

Hall

effgjamis
06-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Hall

That's ok... I am pushing 79 in a couple of weeks.

Questions
06-15-2011, 03:44 PM
I just posted under the regular Spyder Discussion that I won't make it. I thought I had bruised me shin but it turns out to be a fracture.

I'd love to be there but can't.

Hall