PDA

View Full Version : BRP Service at Maggie Valley

SpyderDen
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
So.........I see that BRP is doing minor service and oil changes at Maggie Valley. Anyone know that the charges are? I'm almot due for an oil change and trying to decide to spend a whole day here in FL getting it done, or wait till the rally? I'm sure they don't want to step on dealers toes, but just curious.
:dontknow:

fastfraser
06-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Might be a good deal to be had ! But 1st come 1st served you could waste some good riding time waiting around .:dontknow:

dave01
06-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Other than BRP doing the oil changes there, the 2 closest dealers are Mountain Motorsports in Kodak and Extreme Propulsion ( awesome people) in Cartersville Tenn. I would go for it before the trip to keep from losing nice ryding time and the chance of BRP getting too busy with minor work.

SpyderDen
06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys, my first Owner's event, so wasn't sure. Probably just do it here.

SpyderWolf
06-02-2011, 09:48 PM
In another thread someone stated "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it". I sure hope that is not the case, but agree it would be nice to see some type of a price list for the services they will be offering.

SpyderDen
06-02-2011, 10:09 PM
In another thread someone stated "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it". I sure hope that is not the case, but agree it would be nice to see some type of a price list for the services they will be offering.

Price is not the determining factor. I'm more than an hour from my dealer and am having trouble finding time to get it there. They "Like" to have me leave it there.Which requires me to trailer it to them and go back and retrieve it. If I can have this service done by factory service people, it's definitely an option for me. Believe me price is not the compelling consideration, I am only concerned if I can get it in. I just paid $75 plus to put Amsoil in my F150 for a normal oil change. Could have gone to Tire Kingdom and it done for $9.95 Just trying to keep the Spyder protected.

SpyderWolf
06-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Price is not the determining factor. I'm more than an hour from my dealer and am having trouble finding time to get it there. They "Like" to have me leave it there.Which requires me to trailer it to them and go back and retrieve it. If I can have this service done by factory service people, it's definitely an option for me. Believe me price is not the compelling consideration, I am only concerned if I can get it in. I just paid $75 plus to put Amsoil in my F150 for a normal oil change. Could have gone to Tire Kingdom and it done for $9.95 Just trying to keep the Spyder protected.

I totally understand, and have the same issue with being so far away from a dealership. I think it will be kind of interesting to see how busy the BRP Tech Service area at MV is. There is a chance if the weather is nice that nobody will be there, but you have to decide if it is worth taking that chance. To be honest, if I was in your shoes, I would probably chance getting it done at the owners event. Sounds like it might be a whole lot more convenient.