PDA

View Full Version : Northern IL Spyders

Chitown Newbie
06-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I am planning to buy new Spyder RSS tomorrow from Nielsens at Lake Villa.

I am getting M class licence in 2 weeks but hoping I can ride a bit before...don't want to get a ticket but it will be tough to keep in the garage without trying to ride it :f_spider:

Anyone lives near Vernon Hills, IL..curious to see if folks ride around Northern Il or South Wisconsin.

:yes:

Papa
06-02-2011, 09:49 PM
I sent you a pm...

Chitown Newbie
06-12-2011, 08:07 AM
I finally got Spyder RS SE5 delivered on Friday. I took it out to practice around our sub division a couple of times...each time getting more comfortable :spyder2:

I am taking Basic licensing class next week so I should be legal driving in no time!

Good luck to you guys going to NC next week...I was there for business this week and saw a bunch of BPR guys meeting ATV lovers :) for ATV event. It should be a fun event....

Papa
06-12-2011, 08:14 AM
I finally got Spyder RS SE5 delivered on Friday. I took it out to practice around our sub division a couple of times...each time getting more comfortable :spyder2:

I am taking Basic licensing class next week so I should be legal driving in no time!

Good luck to you guys going to NC next week...I was there for business this week and saw a bunch of BPR guys meeting ATV lovers :) for ATV event. It should be a fun event....

Congrats:2thumbs: Lets get together when I get back and get some practice in for you.

Y Rider
06-12-2011, 08:20 AM
:congrats: from west central Illinois. :2thumbs:

packbuckbrew
06-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Let me know if you guys take a ride up in Wisconsin " home of the superbowl champs":thumbup:, I ride all over southeast WI, would be fun to organize a spyder ride!

Papa
06-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Let me know if you guys take a ride up in Wisconsin " home of the superbowl champs":thumbup:, I ride all over southeast WI, would be fun to organize a spyder ride!

Very cruel :lecturef_smilie:. As a Bears season ticket holder I am trying top forget that last game. :gaah:

Will do in spite of your football allegience.

Chitown Newbie
06-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a plan, we should organize a ride to South east Wisconsin for a lunch but we will make our Wisco friend buy :) if..should I say when Bears win the crown this year, we will repay :ohyea:

Kidding...we should have a ride in July.

Papa/other guys, not sure if you know...Nielsens is organizing a Bike ride for kids on July 17th with a raffle for a brand new Spyder :spyder2:...I am planning to attend...others should join for a good cause!

JJW SpyderRider
06-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Sounds like a plan, we should organize a ride to South east Wisconsin for a lunch but we will make our Wisco friend buy :) if..should I say when Bears win the crown this year, we will repay :ohyea:

Papa/other guys, not sure if you know...Nielsens is organizing a Bike ride for kids on July 17th with a raffle for a brand new Spyder :spyder2:...I am planning to attend...others should join for a good cause!

Please keep us updated on this ride or any other ride, I would like to attend if possible. :doorag:

Papa
06-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm putting together a list of interested Ryder's and will try and pull something together after MV.

If we have enough interest we could try and form a Spyder Ryder's of America chapter here in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin. We should have enough people. Any interest?

DougB
06-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Welcome from Norway, IL.:2thumbs:

BMW
06-13-2011, 06:44 PM
:welcome: :congrats: on your new ride. southern IL. :ohyea:

Chitown Newbie
06-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Great idea Papa! We have a bunch of folks on forum from around this area...

We should try to get as many Spyders to attend Ride For Kids on July 17th...we can meet by Nielsens or Elgin Community College (main meeting place).

I am going call Nielsens soon to get more details on timing, etc

Smokinspyder
06-19-2011, 08:19 PM
NICE I just read about the ride at nielsens, im going to have to see if i can make that ride. It would be fun to meet some local spyder riders . Since i have really only seen a few on the road around here in palatine aside from the one i just got a few weeks ago !!!! :welcome:

Sny
06-25-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm putting together a list of interested Ryder's and will try and pull something together after MV.

If we have enough interest we could try and form a Spyder Ryder's of America chapter here in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin. We should have enough people. Any interest?

Sounds fantastic. My wife and I have been trolling the same areas for a couple years now and would love a regional group to participate with.

Papa
06-26-2011, 09:54 AM
I'll contact the organization and see what it takes to get a new chapter up and running. Stay tuned.....

Lamonster
06-26-2011, 10:19 AM
I'll contact the organization and see what it takes to get a new chapter up and running. Stay tuned.....

You already have a SpyderLovers chapter now up and running, why not use it?

Papa
06-26-2011, 12:04 PM
You already have a SpyderLovers chapter now up and running, why not use it?

Just to clarify . . . which chapter are you referring to?

Lamonster
06-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Just to clarify . . . which chapter are you referring to?

This is the IL chapter board of SL. I'm sorry if I'm missing something here.

Papa
06-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Gotcha. I thought you might be referring to a chapter of SLA. I'm good with am informal vs formal club. KISS approach.

Smokinspyder
06-26-2011, 02:18 PM
I guess we should all meet up and hang out and chat and talk about sypder stuff. so far ive seen some north from us mchenry, mundelien, hoffman estates, palatine, arlington heights.Did I miss anyone ? if we get a general location that will be easy for us all to meet up . we can congregate there like a sonic or super dawg, something centralized. suggestions for said meeting place ?

Papa
06-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Why don't we use this event to get together and talk about the Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin group. Good cause on July 10th. See link:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30023

Smokinspyder
06-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Ya I have been reading about that . Im going to ask the wife if she wants to go . I really want to attend . Everyone else up for this event ?

Chitown Newbie
06-26-2011, 04:25 PM
I will try to attend 7/10 ride at Woodstock as well. It will be fun to meet IL Spyderlovers :spyder2:

Papa, we can probably meet up again at the Mundelein's Starbucks to ride together there.

Papa
06-26-2011, 04:40 PM
I will try to attend 7/10 ride at Woodstock as well. It will be fun to meet IL Spyderlovers :spyder2:

Papa, we can probably meet up again at the Mundelein's Starbucks to ride together there.

Yep

JJW SpyderRider
06-26-2011, 06:45 PM

I too am planning on going on this ride. Jim Potts motor group is trying to get a group of Spyders to ride over together to sign up.

Smokinspyder
06-28-2011, 07:29 PM
where is the starbucks at like what cross streets ? ANND what time you all looking to meet up I think the wife gave me the OK to go !!!!

JPV
06-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I am planning to buy new Spyder RSS tomorrow from Nielsens at Lake Villa.

I am getting M class licence in 2 weeks but hoping I can ride a bit before...don't want to get a ticket but it will be tough to keep in the garage without trying to ride it :f_spider:

Anyone lives near Vernon Hills, IL..curious to see if folks ride around Northern Il or South Wisconsin.

:yes:

I live in Lake Villa about a mile from Nielsen's. I got my Spyder last year the week of the 2010 Owners event June 25-26 so I was able to go over to the Lehmann Mansion Saturday and hang out with several hundred Spyder's. It was a world I knew nothing about ontill then.
I plan on doing the run 7/10. Last weekend eleven of us ran up to Minnesota along the Mississippi on the Wi. side and then back down through Iowa and took a ferryboat crossing back to Wi.
I was the only Spyder(Rock Star):spyder2:

Chitown Newbie
06-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Erik, it is the Starbucks in Mundelein (60 and 83)...where 83 goes north.

See you guys on 7/10...

Smokinspyder
06-29-2011, 03:33 PM
awesome !!!! have we decided on what time ?
:ohyea::yes:

Papa
06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm checking with Jim over at Jim Potts Motorsports. I'll send something out as soon as we have firm plans.....

JJW SpyderRider
06-29-2011, 09:14 PM

Chitown have you heard anything more about the ride at Nielsons? I took a look on their web site it is not listed as an upcoming event?

Chitown Newbie
07-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Jeff, Nielsens posted information on their website now under Upcoming Events.

Chicagoland Ride for kids with a raffle to win a new Spyder.

Smokinspyder
07-05-2011, 01:23 PM
I like that spyder is bad ass looking ... I shoulda bought some raffle tickets today .

Chitown Newbie
07-05-2011, 04:51 PM
I love graphics they put on it! You can still get raffle tickets on the day of the ride. It will start at 7ish I think. They told me today that they have started with 10,000 raffle tickets and they sold 1/2 of them at this point (3 for $10 dollars)

JJW SpyderRider
07-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Too bad the ride starts so early, I would have a two hour ride just to get there. I didn't find any information on the actual ride so I will pass on this one.

I stopped by the dealer this winter and may have saw this GS. They had one there that was being raffled off. It was a very well used '09 with a wrap that looked like someone use sand paper to clean it. I didn't buy a ticket at that time.

Chitown Newbie
07-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Too funny...it's the same 09 Spyder. I am pretty sure it's in the good shape and well worth the donation :)

Smokinspyder
07-05-2011, 08:45 PM
ya I didnt spend much time today looking at it , but i briefly looked it over and it did look pretty stinkin good. I wouldnt say no to riding it around ;P

JPV
07-06-2011, 05:40 PM
I bought some raffel tickets to day an signed up for the ride on the 17th.