PDA

View Full Version : Considering a Spyder RT in Bucks County

sail
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Anyone have input on how they like these machines and what are the issues they have dealt with? (if any)

Phantom888
06-02-2011, 02:44 PM
No issues. Just get it you will love it.

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
:welcome: I love my RTS SM5.

acinpcola
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
:2thumbs: You will definately luv thr ride. Where in Bucks County are you? I have family in BenSalem and Hatboro.

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

spyder3
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Anyone have input on how they like these machines and what are the issues they have dealt with? (if any)

tons of info on here, just read some threads. you get the good the bad and the ugly, then you go buy one.:roflblack:

XLT
06-02-2011, 06:24 PM
agree with phantom - did you consider the rs?

sail
06-03-2011, 05:58 AM
XLT....I hadn't really considered the RS because the wife likes the RT comfort (she only sat on it) and the whole idea is buy something we can ride together. She likes the safety of the Spyder over the Harley Road King (my other consideration). I have ridden both and they are fun, just in different ways. Anyway, why do you recommend the RS? Handling? Speed?

ACINPCOLA......I'm in Warrington, PA next to Doylestown.

sail
06-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Oh, the RS costs less, so that's appealing!

Phantom888
06-03-2011, 06:17 AM
If you are gonna use it for 2 up long rides get the rt. To make the rs more comfy for those rides you may have to spend about $1000 ish(depending on what you want). hint don't buy the parts at the dealer.

My wife loves riding on the back of our rs but i have to get the backrest to make it a little more comfortable for her. But if we had the money she would have loved the rt.

Are you buying from east coast cycle?

sail
06-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Probably Smith Marine because they are 10 minutes away from home (and I have a sister who lives within walking distance from them). East Coast Cycle is 30 minutes.

SteveMac
06-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Love love love my 2010 RT! Bought for same reason you describe 2-up comfort. We are spending a lot more time together and having a blast. My two best purchases have been my RT and my zero turn mower (which cut my yard mowing time from 4 hours to 1.5 so I can spend more time rYding)!!!

sail
06-03-2011, 07:25 AM
I have read a few posts where people have added the Elka shocks. Does that go for the 2011's as well? I thought read somewhere that the 2011's had improved shocks (and may not need the Elka's). What advantage did they provide you?

SteveMac
06-03-2011, 07:34 AM
I can only speak for the 2010. But VASTLY improved ryde and handling. Smoother on rough roads and no swaying back and forth in corners. :2thumbs:

I have read a few posts where people have added the Elka shocks. Does that go for the 2011's as well? I thought read somewhere that the 2011's had improved shocks (and may not need the Elka's). What advantage did they provide you?

klw
06-03-2011, 07:46 AM
I bought my bike from Smith Marine. An '08 Demo Left Over. The price was good with all the extras. The people there are really nice. I'm not crazy about the service there though. During all the updates they seemed to have no clue. Went to East Coast with DPS problems and they were on top of the problem fixed it and had it back same day. I'm thinking about upgrading to the RSS and East Coast gave me a better price on my bike and new bike.
I ride with a White Spyder who lives in Warrington, think she bought her bike from Blackmans. When you get on the road, we'll have to meet up.

XLT
06-03-2011, 09:29 AM
XLT....I hadn't really considered the RS because the wife likes the RT comfort (she only sat on it) and the whole idea is buy something we can ride together. She likes the safety of the Spyder over the Harley Road King (my other consideration). I have ridden both and they are fun, just in different ways. Anyway, why do you recommend the RS? Handling? Speed?

ACINPCOLA......I'm in Warrington, PA next to Doylestown.
I like the rs styling better but for 2 up riding the rt is most likely better out of the box. Good luck rt or rs.