PDA

View Full Version : From one great Spyder to another

haymon
06-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I bought my first :spyder2: in '09 and fell in love with the bike. Thought I would never get rid of it. Well, today, I bit the bullet and traded her in. Rode a 2011 RT Limited home. Oh Yeah!!! Nice Ride! :clap:

I'll miss the sporty look and feel of that old girl, for sure. The RT Limited is a whole different feel and a world of its own. It sure handles differently and I am anxious to get it on the road tomorrow.

StriperKing
06-01-2011, 10:33 PM
:congrats: I love mine!

haymon
06-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Can I ask where you found the USA map? I see it on many user profiles and would love to have it too.

Saluda
06-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Congrats & best of luck.

stormtrooper
06-02-2011, 05:50 AM
:congrats: and good luck with your new toy. :thumbup:

CyncySpyder
06-02-2011, 06:15 AM
:congrats: on your Trade-Up. No doubt, same DNA but the RS/GS & the RT are two totally different beasts when it comes to comfort & handling, not to mention all the added storage space & convenience features :firstplace: that the RT gives you :yes:

One thing to remember, yes, the Ryding position of the RT is more upright than the RS & that will give you a more comfortable Ryde :thumbup:especially over the long haul.

But, when your desire to hit the twisties and see what the RT can do takes hold, all you have to do is adjust your Ryding position. I lower my center of gravity by "hugging" the glove box and in the turns, I have my chin over my knuckles on the handlebar. With switching your Ryding position this way, I've found that TEDDYS RT-S handles like it's on rails :yes::clap::yes:

I've said it before & I'll say it again. "I've NEVER had so much FUN doing 45mph in my lyfe :yes::yes::yes:

I hope you enjoy your new :spyder2: as much as Teddy & I are enjoying his:2thumbs:

DynamoBT
06-02-2011, 09:02 AM
:welcome:

SpyderFox
06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Can I ask where you found the USA map? I see it on many user profiles and would love to have it too.

http://www.epgsoft.com/

SpyderFox
06-02-2011, 09:12 AM
:congrats::cheers::clap:Enjoy your new ride.

Lamonster
06-02-2011, 09:20 AM
:congrats: hope you like as much as I do. It's a different beast for sure but in a good way. :thumbup:
This will help you on the map.
Adding a USA States Visited Map- video (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8397)

sealfloorboards
06-02-2011, 10:36 AM
:congrats::2thumbs: I couldn't agree more. They are totally different but both offer the same number of:ohyea: and giggles.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

I bought my first :spyder2: in '09 and fell in love with the bike. Thought I would never get rid of it. Well, today, I bit the bullet and traded her in. Rode a 2011 RT Limited home. Oh Yeah!!! Nice Ride! :clap:

I'll miss the sporty look and feel of that old girl, for sure. The RT Limited is a whole different feel and a world of its own. It sure handles differently and I am anxious to get it on the road tomorrow.

ARtraveler
06-02-2011, 11:25 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new :spyder2:

I have had the pleasure of owning both machines and they are indeed different beasts--each are special in their own way.

I am more into touring than sport--so the RTS is my choice of the two flavors.

The only options I have added to my RTS are a Corbin seat and backrest and some additional lights--glo riders and dayrunners on the front, and the rear mouted light bar on the travel case.

SpyderWolf
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new RT.

fastfraser
06-03-2011, 04:57 AM
:congrats: on the new Vegas White RTS Limited .Did the same thing in April .