PDA

View Full Version : What Color?

Antnee2611
05-30-2011, 09:07 PM
I am buying a Spyder RTS this Friday. I can't decide what color. My 1st choice is RED than black than blue and then silver. My only concern with the red is I heard that it stands out with the Police. I know don't speed and you won't get a ticket. Help me pick out a color.:2excited:

aka1004
05-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Red: that is possible with other vehicles but with spyder, I don't think so.
It will draw a lot of attention no matter what color. I've seen a red one couple of days ago on freeway and I think it's more bland than platinum.
Just go with YOUR color. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-30-2011, 09:17 PM
They all look good. Pick your favorite and have fun.

stormtrooper
05-30-2011, 09:17 PM
WHITE :thumbup: :clap: :yes:

SteveMac
05-30-2011, 09:25 PM
I have Silver and like it much more than I thought I would. I had to "concede" since I was buying a 2010 holdover. However RED would be my choice for the RT. That is until they come out with that flat-burnt-orange that I see on the 2011 RSS. Wowzer!

dltang
05-30-2011, 09:28 PM
They all look good. Pick your favorite and have fun.
:agree: and :welcome::ohyea::ohyea:

Spyder Cat
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
I am buying a Spyder RTS this Friday. I can't decide what color. My 1st choice is RED than black than blue and then silver. My only concern with the red is I heard that it stands out with the Police. I know don't speed and you won't get a ticket. Help me pick out a color.:2excited:

Personally, I'm really partial to red!!!
But it doesn't matter which color you choose, your Spyder is going to stand out because of what it is. :thumbup:
I've had just as many officers follow me on the red RS as on the black RT.
Make sure you get all the options you really want . . . . then seal the deal.
It'll be yours and you'll fall in love with it, regardless of the color.... and that's when the fun starts:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

PLZDVM
05-30-2011, 09:53 PM
White, black, blue and silver look great but in my opinion blend too easily into the traffic background.
I think the red, & the burnt orange RSS would stand out a bit on the road making you more visible, providing an added layer of safety.

Riker
05-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Magnesium :2thumbs:

ThreeWheels
05-30-2011, 10:08 PM
I have a Timeless Black RT-S.

I've always been partial to red motorcycles, but now that I have experience with a black one, black seems to be a better choice.

The first advantage is that dirt doesn't stand out quite as much, what with bugs always pummeling the front end. The Timeless Black Spyder appears to be cleaner than it actually is.

Color is a funny thing. You know about the spectrum, or the colors of the rainbow. White light consists of all of the colors combined.

An object appears red because the pigment absorbs all the colors of the spectrum except red. It bounces back the red light.

The color black really isn't a color, it's the LACK of color. In other words, the black absorbs all colors of the spectrum.

This is the second advantage to a black motorcycle. By absorbing more light it reflects less. With no light bouncing off it, there is less of a braking affect, therefore the Timeless Black Spyder is also faster than the red, and much faster than the white.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

ARtraveler
05-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Go with what turns your crank. You will have to live with it once the purchase is made. Have had full moon, red, and timeless black. They all grow on you as you ride.

pjp623
05-31-2011, 07:28 AM
RED, don't you want to be seen when you ryde?

Wheeler~
05-31-2011, 07:39 AM
Black :2thumbs:

spydee owner
05-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Go with the red .... The RTS in red is pretty sharp. I like the blue as well.
My choice would be red,blue,black then silver.

Bob Denman
05-31-2011, 11:18 AM
As you can see; we don't know what color you should buy... :D
You're the one who'll have to look out the window every morning and stare at it; so go with your gut and get the color that makes your spine tingle with each glance...

MarkLawson
05-31-2011, 11:38 AM
...By absorbing more light it reflects less. With no light bouncing off it, there is less of a braking affect, therefore the Timeless Black Spyder is also faster than the red, and much faster than the white.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I believe you're right! :2thumbs:

I discover this truth when I bought my GL1800A Goldwing in 2001. Black is the fastest color!

Wingman
05-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Remember the full name of the blue? Orbital Blue!! By far the fastest color, although I might be a little prejudiced.

Campverdefela
05-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Antnee2611[/LEFT];328560]I am buying a
Spyder RTS this Friday. I can't decide what color. My 1st choice is RED than black than blue and then silver. My only concern with the red is I heard that it stands out with the Police. I know don't speed and you won't get a ticket. Help me pick out a color.:2excited:
Go with the red, you like it and its a lot more
noticeable [safety wise] than the other 3 colors mentioned...

arntufun
05-31-2011, 06:13 PM
WHITE :thumbup: :clap: :yes:

:agree::agree::agree: If you are going with a RT (I wouldn't but thats just me) it would be WHITE !!!

fastfraser
05-31-2011, 06:16 PM
VEGAS WHITE Blacks alright to . Just get one the riding season slips away pretty fast .

Slybird
05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Black :2thumbs:

:agree: I also love the Viper Red, but it doesn't have the "sparkle" that the black and blue have. :D

SpyderSteve
05-31-2011, 06:46 PM
I am buying a Spyder RTS this Friday. I can't decide what color. My 1st choice is RED than black than blue and then silver. My only concern with the red is I heard that it stands out with the Police. I know don't speed and you won't get a ticket. Help me pick out a color.:2excited: Pick your own color :thumbup: Your the one ryding it. I have had people giving me grief over my wrap [ i have a lot of positive comments to] It's your :spyder2: ENJOY and :welcome:

NancysToy
05-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Only outlaws have to fear the law! :roflblack: