PDA

View Full Version : oil change mileage

Questions
05-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Heading out June 4th for a two week trip covering 4500 miles to Washington state for cental Kansas. Just had the 600 mile sevice done at 800 miles. Any thoughts on whether I should change it along the way at 3000 miles or wait til I get back home?
2011 RT Limited

murphybrown
05-29-2011, 08:58 PM
I live in No Central WA State...if I can be of any help please let me know...enjoy the journey...which way are you traveling? :thumbup:

Questions
05-29-2011, 09:15 PM
I live in No Central WA State...if I can be of any help please let me know...enjoy the journey...which way are you traveling? :thumbup:

We are going to Scottsbluff, NE first day, onto Cody Wy 2nd day, Through Yellowstone up to Missoula 3rd day and to Spokane 4th day. Have a old friend in Spokane. Then we are going south through Idaho along the Little Samon River and spending the night near New Meadows at the Pinehurst Resort. Then south to Las Vegas and down to Lake Havasu to see a friend. Back across Arizona and New Mexico and back to Hays, KS.

A friend of mine is riding with us, he met you at a gas station several weeks back in Phillipsburg, KS and said he had a nice visit with you.
I saw a day after he saw you in Phillipsburg your troubles getting home started. I enjoy reading your threads. It don't appear you let little things bother you and you live life to the fullist.:ohyea:

murphybrown
05-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Here is my servicing dealer: Gold Star dealer...

Located Spokane WA:

Roundy's
509-467-5128

Bruce: Service Mgr
Seth: Owner

Just in case you get the wanderlust...locate Chelan, WA...gorgeous lake, ryding area...open door policy at my home for fellow SpyderRyders...

spyderbirds
05-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Sounds like a very fun trip you have planned, safe travels :thumbup:
As for the oil change, I would probably get it done along the way.. that trip would put you at 5300 miles plus for the next change.
Who is your dealer out that way? Im in Wichita now but grew up north of you in Plainville. Also endured 4 years of Octoberfest while at Ft Hays St U. Is that still a yearly party?

JG 777
05-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Outback, I hope you have a safe and fun ride through the West. I saw you were from Hays and thought I should say Hi! My wife is from Hays and many of her family members still life there. If you are ever thru Las Vegas let us know.