PDA

View Full Version : Nice ride interrupted by vandal

ArmyJoe
05-28-2011, 04:58 PM
My wife and I went on a ride to a local ice cream shop today. When we pulled in, we parked next to an older Kawasaki 650. After getting our ice cream, we went outside to eat. A few minutes later, a minivan pulls up and parks perpendicular and behind the other bike. He's a bit too close for comfort to ours and I even said to my wife, "My Spidey sense is tingling."

The passenger (female) gets out and does something to the bike, but we can't see because the minivan is blocking the view. A few seconds later, the driver gets out and he starts doing something, too. After about a minute, the driver forefully pushes over the bike and they both jump into the minivan and speed around the building. There's only one way in or out, so I position myself to get their license plate info as they drive away.

I walk out to see what they did and another witness asked if I saw what happened. I said, "Yeah, I saw him push it over." She said, "No, they were stabbing the back tire with a knife."

We both went inside to report what happened, but nobody knew who the owner was. The manager said she would call the cops, but we figured they wouldn't rush over for a non-emergency, so we left our names and phone numbers in case they needed a statement. That was five hours ago and nobody has called.

Obligatory mspaint:

Red oval - where we were sitting
Blue rectangle - minivan
Black rectangles (from right to left) - victim's bike, wife's bike, my bike

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=386&pictureid=15403

freebob
05-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Sounds like a hate/grudge incident..Hope your bikes weren't involved:yikes:

Freebob...:doorag:

Bob Denman
05-28-2011, 06:14 PM
:agree: They were just letting somebody who held a special place in their hearts know that they were thinking of them... :gaah::gaah:

fispyder
05-28-2011, 06:39 PM
It's a shame that some people will dip that low must have been the :doorag: guy X- grilfriend :dontknow:

ArmyJoe
05-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a hate/grudge incident..Hope your bikes weren't involved:yikes:

We're OK, but I almost went over to see if they needed help. In hindsight, what if I had gone over there and interrupted the vandal when he had the knife out? Who knows his mental state or what the outcome would be?

bruiser
05-28-2011, 07:44 PM
That's why one should always bring a gun to a knife fight......:D

Good that you didn't end up in the middle of something you didn't intend......

:agree:40. Bersa Thunder compact.

ARtraveler
05-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the incident. You did right by not getting directly involved--you never know what they were on, or what they were carrying.

bone crusher
05-28-2011, 11:29 PM
:agree:40. Bersa Thunder compact.

Oh, come on...bring a Judge...makes a nice mess...

Brunswick
05-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Hope you left your contact info on the bike as well... owner might come back when the shop is closed, or not think to ask inside, etc.

SpyderWolf
05-29-2011, 09:37 AM
That is a very strange situation to be in for sure. Glad it didn't go badly for you.

retiredsquid
05-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh, come on...bring a Judge...makes a nice mess...

I have The Judge, but normally carry a Ruger LCR stoked with Federal 125 JHP. 357 mag. Plus, a Droid with 8 megapixal camera.

I hate punks and as a former LEO I will not let such things go. You worked too hard for some piece trash punk destroy it for fun.

Bob Denman
05-29-2011, 12:28 PM
1911A1 in an S.O.B. holster Stoked with Speer's flying ashtrays... :shocked: