PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

Questions
05-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Picked up my 2011 Blue RT SM5 yesterday at 10:30. Spent an hour finishing paper work and going over the ( I want to say bike) Roadster with the dealer. He suggested I use their lot to get aquainted with the new ride. I did one lap around his lot and headed out for the open road. It took about 10 miles before I stopped reaching for the front brake. Learning to steer comfortably around turns took a little longer. I found the transmission to be smooth as silk. What I do miss is the faster acceleration on my M109R. I assume it will take some time to adjust.

Surprisingly, when I stopped for lunch the only comment I got was " so you went 3 wheels." As if it were a bad thing.

The sound of this engine is strange to my ear. Harder to hear the proper shift timing. My 109 let me know loud and clear. It became so hot I decide to head home after 60 Miles. When I got home I found the highway department had oiled and chipped every road that leads to my house. Now my blue baby has a gray stone dust tint to it.

Lamonster
05-28-2011, 06:32 AM
:congrats:
The Spyder will never feel like the 109 but it's still a lot of fun. The 109 is a torque monster and I too wish the Spyder pulled as hard as my 109 does.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=2615

GloryRyders
05-28-2011, 06:36 AM
:welcome: Give it some time and you will love ryding the :spyder2:more every day!:congrats:

GadgetGuy442
05-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi Banjoman,

:congrats: on your new RT. :welcome: to the Spyderhood!

I think you'll find quickly that you get atuned to the machine better with every ride, and will be able to fine tune your shifting. The best prescription you'll get from most of us here will probably be get out and ryde! I love the sound of my RT's exhaust system, and find I shift very intuitively now based on the feel and sound of the machine.

Comments from others have varied for me, but the vast majority have been very positive and of an inquisitive "how do you like it" kind of nature. I'll bet you'll find you'll get plenty of thumbs-up and smiles, far outweighing any negative comments along the way.

Bill

Questions
05-28-2011, 06:51 AM
My M109R is just plain black. Spend to much time on it to do anything else. I am sure that will change with the new Spyder around.

SpyderAnn01
05-28-2011, 07:00 AM
:welcome:

Bootie
05-28-2011, 07:57 AM
My M109R is just plain black. Spend to much time on it to do anything else. I am sure that will change with the new Spyder around.What is a 109? The only one I know about is a Messerschmidt 109 and it is turbocharged and goes about 300mph:roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderWolf
05-29-2011, 10:15 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new RT.

DynamoBT
05-29-2011, 10:40 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde!!! It will take a few hundred miles on it to start feeling more "natural". I don't know what's available for exhausts on the RT. I know I like the Hindle on the RS. I can hear it just fine. After a while the shifting gets even more smooth!! It's a blast and you won't be able to stay of of it!!!

Bob Denman
05-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the party! :congrats: It always seems as if the roads you need are being worked on; and the roads you want to ride are blocked off to be...worked on here in NYS... :gaah:

fastfraser
05-29-2011, 12:46 PM
:congrats::welcome: Got your :spyder2: undercoated for free .

ARtraveler
05-29-2011, 02:17 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ride.

spyderbirds
05-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Congrats on your new :spyder2:
:clap:

napper39
05-29-2011, 05:24 PM
:2thumbs::congrats::spyder2: ride it like the wind.have fun :chat::thumbup:

illuzion
05-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Today I rode my Spyder for only about 30 minutes thinking I was going to make it home without someone stopping me. Not that I mind. :2thumbs: Today someone mentioned they have a Spyder too, which is awesome because I thought I was the only one in the neighborhood. This was right after I saw a car hit this other car to the right of them. I'm not sure if they were looking at my Spyder or what. But I saw a whole bunch of car material fly into the air. Luckily, no one was hurt.

A whole new experience with the Spyder everyday. Even with a bit of danger. :yikes:

RodO
05-29-2011, 10:52 PM
OT
What style banjo do you play?
I don't play yet but am liking what Otis Taylor does.