PDA

View Full Version : Throaty Exhaust Sound

Buckaroo
05-26-2011, 12:01 AM
I have about 1200 miles on the bike and I have noticed the sound of the bike getting deeper. I am told it is due to normal carbon build up in the exhaust. Is this correct and okay for the bike?

freebob
05-26-2011, 12:23 AM
I have about 1200 miles on the bike and I have noticed the sound of the bike getting deeper. I am told it is due to normal carbon build up in the exhaust. Is this correct and okay for the bike?

What type of exhaust you running..Stock or Aftermarket...?
With only 1200 miles on Spyder I can't imagine why exhaust tone would change to a deeper sound unless you have made a mod to bike, RT or RS.?...

Freebob...:doorag:

SpyderWolf
05-26-2011, 05:58 AM
There is a possibility that your exhaust Y gaskets are starting to deteriorate. That is a common symptom of when they wear out. The other symptom will be more heat to your legs than you used to get, coming from the body panels and the body panels will feel hot when you finish ryding. Many of us have replaced the stock Y gaskets with a Honda gasket instead.

This is for the RS, I don't know if the RT has the same issue or not. :dontknow:

boborgera
05-26-2011, 06:52 AM
There is a possibility that your exhaust Y gaskets are starting to deteriorate. That is a common symptom of when they wear out. The other symptom will be more heat to your legs than you used to get, coming from the body panels and the body panels will feel hot when you finish ryding. Many of us have replaced the stock Y gaskets with a Honda gasket instead.

This is for the RS, I don't know if the RT has the same issue or not. :dontknow:

:agree:I stopped by my sons house and he said did you do something to your muffler it sounds louder, Turned out the Y gaskets were wearing out' It was so gradual i didn't notice it.

Bob Denman
05-26-2011, 10:33 AM
... Either that, or your bike is entering puberty and the hormones are starting to rear their ugly little heads...:shocked: :D :roflblack: