PDA

View Full Version : 600 mile service

sealfloorboards
05-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Yesterday I took my new RTS SE5 into Cycle Sport in Salem, Or. I talked to both SK in Portland and Cycle Sport in Salem about service and cost. Although Cycle Sport is no longer a Can-Am dealer, Cody the service guy has been thru the BRP school and seems VERY knowledgeable. The total cost of the service was $309. and took about 4 hrs. Says that with the proper synthetic oil, an oil change will cost about $85. Both seemed very reasonable to me. He commented that my Seal FloorBoards did not interfere in any way with the servicing. Wished he could carry them but they aren't Can-Am dealers. I bought my RS SE5 from their Eugene, Or. store and was very happy with the way they treated me. It's good to have a service dept. fairly close to me that I can trust.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

docdoru
05-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Price and time is right for the first service. Keep the paperwork in your Spyder folder: if the service cannot communicate with BRP via Boss Web, this is going to be the only proof. :doorag:

acinpcola
05-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Looks about right to me, my 600 service was $249 in Gulf Shores, AL.

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

sealfloorboards
05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
The oftem mentioned dealer in Portland said about $400. to do it. And yes, I keep all my service records.

pitbull
05-25-2011, 03:18 PM
John sound like you got good service, a little step but the job is done! Ours usally runs around 125.00 and only takes an hour or so, with the same fluids but only around 60.00 in oil and filter..... but its more important that its done right. You will eventually need a dealer that can clear codes and has the latest updates. Glad your still liking the RT-S and we are showing of your floorboards:thumbup: