PDA

View Full Version : Pensacola to Kissimmee

kalavera
05-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Planning a ride from Pensacola to Kissimmee on June 02 returning on June 05, 2011. I've been marching in Disney's Star Wars Weekend's parades since 2007 and this will be the first time taking the bike. Usually I drive but with gas prices...

Anyways, I have never ridden that long. The longest I have ever ridden is the two hours to Biloxi. So, what I am asking for peeps that have ridden I-10 and I-75 to Orlando have any tips for me.

Am kinda nervous, never ridden that long by especially by myself.

FANG
05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Rode from P'cola to Lake City and back in a day -- take frequent breaks and hydrate - it is going to be hot and you will need the fluid - I used a Camelbak - put ice in the bladder and added some water - did great plus as the ice melted it was cooling on the back.

kalavera
05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't have a throttle lock/friction lock/cruise control.

Am thinking I should get one before the trip.

docdoru
05-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Remember?
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00456.jpg

BikerDoc
05-23-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't have a throttle lock/friction lock/cruise control.

Am thinking I should get one before the trip.

I live 20 miles from Kissimmee and made the reverse round trip you are taking last year.. I10 and I75 are easy highways to ride so long as you are comfortable riding at least 73 - 75 mph - otherwise you may get virtually mowed down.. I urge the cruise control.. of course the RTS has electronic cruise control. , but the cruise control really makes the ride much much easier for long distance open highways...

I rode back from Lake city Just Sat and it was 100 degrees there when I started so no question you will need water and occasional shade stops also

johnnyg
05-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I live 20 miles from Kissimmee and made the reverse round trip you are taking last year.. I10 and I75 are easy highways to ride so long as you are comfortable riding at least 73 - 75 mph - otherwise you may get virtually mowed down.. I urge the cruise control.. of course the RTS has electronic cruise control. , but the cruise control really makes the ride much much easier for long distance open highways...

I rode back from Lake city Just Sat and it was 100 degrees there when I started so no question you will need water and occasional shade stops also

Kalavera, We ride an RT SE5 I driven I-10 many times with 2wh 4wh 18 wheels and just under 1900 miles on 3wh. Set your own pace that is right for you, try stopping around 85-- 100 miles which ever works for you, as a trucker I can tell you that you can make better time and safer running around 65--68 mph with the srYder. You'll find it more relaxing and less stressful on your body too after a while. I hope you the best. Be safe and have fun.jc Oh by the way you'll have a Honda shop in Lake city and Ocala if you need one.

effgjamis
05-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Planning a ride from Pensacola to Kissimmee on June 02 returning on June 05, 2011. I've been marching in Disney's Star Wars Weekend's parades since 2007 and this will be the first time taking the bike. Usually I drive but with gas prices...

Anyways, I have never ridden that long. The longest I have ever ridden is the two hours to Biloxi. So, what I am asking for peeps that have ridden I-10 and I-75 to Orlando have any tips for me.

Give me a call and I'll see if I can get some spyder to meet you between Wildwood and Lake City. 407-520-1061.
We will need the approx time you will be getting off I10 onto I75, or ETA Lake City or Wildwood.

Euripedes Neves
05-23-2011, 07:49 PM

Recomendation: no fear, before entering turnpike gas up on 75 30 mls before turnpike gas is cheaper and keep change available for tolls and enjoy the ride.

acinpcola
05-23-2011, 08:04 PM
I travel from Pensacola to Kissimmee alot. Have made the trip on motorcycle and in fact purchased my spyder in Kissimmee and road it back to Cantonment. I only stay on the highway till just past Tally then ride 19/27 down to 192 and into the Disney area. Feel free to pm me either here on on yahoo under acinpcola. I will be a bit busy tomorrow but I could meet you and discuss the route with you on Wednesday

Al :spyder2:

MouthPiece
05-23-2011, 09:01 PM
I travel from Pensacola to Kissimmee alot. Have made the trip on motorcycle and in fact purchased my spyder in Kissimmee and road it back to Cantonment. I only stay on the highway till just past Tally then ride 19/27 down to 192 and into the Disney area. Feel free to pm me either here on on yahoo under acinpcola. I will be a bit busy tomorrow but I could meet you and discuss the route with you on Wednesday

Al :spyder2:

Great suggestion if you don't like riding the interstate.

Chris PE# 0004

acinpcola
05-23-2011, 09:11 PM
yes and the speed limit on most of 27 is 65 so I will cruise it at about 70 to 73. There are lots of places to stop for gas and food and it is just a comfortable feel especially if you are traveling alone. :ohyea:

AC:spyder2:

kalavera
05-24-2011, 10:28 PM
...Oh by the way you'll have a Honda shop in Lake city and Ocala if you need one.

I hope NOT to need one. Thanks for the heads up just in case.

...I only stay on the highway till just past Tally then ride 19/27 down to 192 and into the Disney area....

I have only driven 10, 75, turnpike (in a car, never on a bike). I have never taken 19/27 down to 192. Does it add more miles to the trip?

MouthPiece
05-25-2011, 07:33 AM
I have only driven 10, 75, turnpike (in a car, never on a bike). I have never taken 19/27 down to 192. Does it add more miles to the trip?

The miles are probably a tad bit less. However, you will go through a couple of small towns with a couple of stop lights. The scenery and ride though is absolutely beautiful. Nice rolling country side with majestic trees. It's a part of Flarda that hasn't been spoiled.........YET. The road from Chiefland to Ocala is 4 laned with very little traffic.

Chris PE# 0004

acinpcola
05-25-2011, 10:49 AM
:agree::2thumbs::2thumbs: That is why it is my route down to the world of the mouse. Offer still stands I am happy to sit and discuss it with you

Be Safe

docdoru
05-25-2011, 11:21 AM
The road from Chiefland to Ocala is 4 laned with very little traffic. Chris PE# 0004
:agree: + http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/5-25-201112-18-43PM.png?t=1306340429 :roflblack:

acinpcola
05-25-2011, 01:20 PM
:agree::2thumbs::roflblack::roflblack::clap:

kalavera
06-03-2011, 10:46 PM
plans changed. ended up caging it. Thanks for all the info though. Will try that route next time