PDA

View Full Version : Spyder meets the Vagos

Desert Spyder
05-22-2011, 03:16 PM
While returning home from a church cycle run yesterday some of us refueled at the Chevron station in the Cajon Pass. When we arrived there were about 40 Vagos hanging out there and the only fuel pump available was where they were hanging out at. The RT drew immediate attention and they asked about the steering and how fast it went. For those who don't know, the Vagos are an outlaw cycle club. I was wearing my club colors as well (American Cruisers) which clearly indicates that I am a non-threat...no rockers. I know some people in this group have indicated a desire to make a patch to indicate their passion for the Spyder and include rockers above/below the main patch. My advice is this: DON'T. To the outlaw gangs, the double rocker indicates a rival gang and they may not be too friendly to you, despite the fact you're ryding a Spyder. A single rocker sometimes indicates the wannabe's and they can be more ruthless than the "accredited" outlaw gangs. A single patch indicates a family club. We all respect each other. If you need to identify your locality or chapter do it within the main patch or in a cube patch. PS: Moments before this happened I was addressing my group about signs of the outlaw gangs. Small world.

Havasu Rider
05-22-2011, 06:42 PM
I ride with the American Legion Riders and we have a patch and rockers. My understanding is that if the rockers are up tight against the patch you are a club, and separated by 3/4 of an inch if a motorcycle gang.Legion Riders are definitely not a gang and couple of gangs here know that and we have never had a problem.

wyliec
05-22-2011, 07:45 PM
patches, rockers, spacing- all too much for me to comprehend. I ride with a plain jacket and don't worry about any clubs or whatever they are called. I have better things to think about.

Desert Spyder
05-22-2011, 08:36 PM
.....It's been my experience that those 'gangs' prefer to be called motorcycle 'clubs'.......:doorag:

Tit for tat, to the unknowlegable they're Brando's The Wild Bunch. My purpose of the thread was to keep people out of potential danger.

Blue Star
05-22-2011, 11:27 PM
.....It's been my experience that those 'gangs' prefer to be called motorcycle 'clubs'.......:doorag:

My understanding is Motorcycle Clubs with three piece patches (rockers on top, and bottom of the patch) are the 1 percent'rs, and will have a MC patch on their vest.

Desert Spyder
05-23-2011, 06:31 AM
My understanding is Motorcycle Clubs with three piece patches (rockers on top, and bottom of the patch) are the 1 percent'rs, and will have a MC patch on their vest.

Bob, the "MC" is permitted by the area's CoC (Confederation of Clubs). The Executive Board of the CoC is made up of the 1%er's and members at large. Kinda like a 2wheeling UN. Don't assume the 1%ers will have the MC cube. The wannabe's won't. And they can be worse.