PDA

View Full Version : TricPlate Installed on my Spyder

SpyderWolf
05-21-2011, 07:54 PM
I had been looking at this product for a long time and thought it was really cool. I finally gave in and decided I needed to have it for my Spyder.

The TricPlate is a privacy license plate cover that is supposed to be used for show purposes only. It comes with a disclaimer that it is to be used off road only, kind of like our performance exhaust systems. The TricPlate is LED powered and turning it on will show your plate, while turning it off hides your plate. You can control it with switches on the dash, or by the included remote. :thumbup:

This is a picture of it in the on position:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1369&pictureid=15290

This is a picture of it in the off position:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1369&pictureid=15289

Here is a video clip I made of the TricPlate in show mode. Show mode flashes it on and off to demonstrate the capabilities of the product to other people who are curious about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB2nkWlIiZE

This is a very innovative product the Reggy has won several SEMA awards for. I really like it and am glad I got it for my Spyder.

For those wondering about legality, so far I have not had any issues at all with this installed. When it is on you can see the plate clearly, so I don't anticipate any issues with it. Of course, when I am ryding I keep it turned on so my plate is showing at all times.

Firefly
05-23-2011, 09:52 PM
While I think this is kinda cool- and no offense to Reggie-- but it's a pretty pricey farkel that really doesn't serve much of a purpose.

I just never understood why anyone would care if someone else knew their license plate number on the road or at a show?

Let's be honest here -- the main purpose of these is for sport-bike speeders to hide their plate number should they come across the cops when going 150mph.

But it is kinda cool.

SpyderWolf
05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Let's be honest here -- the main purpose of these is for sport-bike speeders to hide their plate number should they come across the cops when going 150mph.

But it is kinda cool.

As you can see from my pictures and video, cameras are not able to read the license plate either. However, ryding with my plate blacked out would be illegal activity and I could not condone that. :D

Firefly
05-23-2011, 10:36 PM
As you can see from my pictures and video, cameras are not able to read the license plate either. However, ryding with my plate blacked out would be illegal activity and I could not condone that. :D

LOL -- so you can just get rid of your iPass eh ? lol

SpyderWolf
05-24-2011, 05:16 AM
LOL -- so you can just get rid of your iPass eh ? lol

It might be a little easier if my Spyder wasn't so recognizable. :roflblack:

jedd
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Hmm new speed cameras in Cedar Rapids aleady into me for $600 = 6 pictures at $100 each this could solve that issue hmmmmmmmmmmmm.:D

Thanks for sharing

Jim:thumbup:

docdoru
05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
... for $600 = 6 pictures at $100 each...
Why are you posing to so expensive professional photographers? :roflblack:

Firefly
05-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Hmm new speed cameras in Cedar Rapids aleady into me for $600 = 6 pictures at $100 each this could solve that issue hmmmmmmmmmmmm.:D

Thanks for sharing

Yer fighting them aren't ya?

I joined this group and have found the information to be GREAT!

http://www.motorists.org/

SpyderWolf
05-24-2011, 09:34 PM

Thanks for sharing

They are supposed to be passing a law here stating they cannot mail tickets to your house, but we will see how that goes. There is a little town called Richland off I-95, and I believe they have set the record on number of tickets mailed to people's homes because of those lovely cameras.

I am actually fond of the small towns in Georgia that have signs stating "Traffic Laws Enforced By Camera". They are so nice and friendly to give you a decent warning like that. :D

jedd
05-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Why are you posing to so expensive professional photographers? :roflblack:

What can I say, agents are expensive these days:roflblack:

Yer fighting them aren't ya?

I joined this group and have found the information to be GREAT!

http://www.motorists.org/

Heck I know exactly where they are even and I still forget haven't had one in a couple weeks it is a joke, just another tax.:mad:

They are supposed to be passing a law here stating they cannot mail tickets to your house, but we will see how that goes. There is a little town called Richland off I-95, and I believe they have set the record on number of tickets mailed to people's homes because of those lovely cameras.

I am actually fond of the small towns in Georgia that have signs stating "Traffic Laws Enforced By Camera". They are so nice and friendly to give you a decent warning like that. :D

Cedar Rapids has the signs up also, but when you are through there several times a week the signs just start to blend in:dontknow: