PDA

View Full Version : Alton area ryders

AnthonyG
05-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Do any St. Louis area Spyder ryders ever venture over to the Grafton Illinois area...thinking about maybe heading that way Sunday if it ever stops raining:sour:

dltang
05-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Not from IL but wanted to say :welcome:

AnthonyG
05-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome:D What a beautiful state you have to ride in! Lived in Flint and Bay City many many years ago as a kid...Just went to the UP in 2007...was so pretty... cool to see beaches on Lake Superior

BMW
05-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Do any St. Louis area Spyder ryders ever venture over to the Grafton Illinois area...thinking about maybe heading that way Sunday if it ever stops raining:sour:
Ride that way often. Usually not on sunday as it's crowded that day. But wouldn't mind meeting if it's not raining. :welcome:

AnthonyG
05-20-2011, 09:10 PM
You are right...Sunday's are busy down there...next week is open so if we decide to go during the week i will try to send you a message and maybe we can get together...any recommendations on where to stop and get a bite to eat? Only been down there a few times

GloryRyders
05-21-2011, 05:51 AM

Linda and I run the Great River Road around Grafton with some regularity, usually during the week. It is also a run time, very senic. Unfortunately, this comming week appears to be forecasting a good amount of rain and since we just got back from Eureka Springs Arkansas this past Thursday and got drenched in a storm the last three hours comming back into St. Louis, I don't think that I am ready to ride again in the rain:gaah:
Keep us in mind if you ever do it again in sunny weather.

JJW SpyderRider
05-21-2011, 06:19 AM
:welcome:

Y Rider is from Quincy and I'm sure he will be welcoming you soon. I'm a little far north in Illinois.

SpyderMeLucky
05-21-2011, 06:49 AM
:welcome: Good eateries on the River Road include The Loading Dock, Fast Eddies (Alton).

We're looking at riding tomorrow...depends on the weather. Can stand a little rain, but don't want to ride only in the rain. LOL

BMW
05-21-2011, 07:20 PM
You are right...Sunday's are busy down there...next week is open so if we decide to go during the week i will try to send you a message and maybe we can get together...any recommendations on where to stop and get a bite to eat? Only been down there a few times
You might try fin-inn I think its open. If your looking for a sandwich & cold one try the Hawg pit. It was closed [due to the flood] the last time i was there. Of course it's suppost to rain most of next wk. send me a pm and if its not raining I'll try to set up a meet and greet.:dontknow: ride safe Ben:ohyea: