PDA

View Full Version : cheap insurance?

coz
05-18-2011, 07:09 PM
just signed up, in cincinnati. been doing lots of spyder research on this great site, hope to pop on an 08, or 09 sm5 in the next month. can anyone steer me towards cheap spyder insurance?

SpyderAnn01
05-18-2011, 07:23 PM
:welcome: I don't think there is any such thing as cheap insurance. You might try Farmers or Foremost, I hear they are pretty reasonable and write lots of motorcycle policies.

Rando
05-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Progressive

ameobe
05-18-2011, 07:33 PM
:welcome:
I would use the word "inexpensive".:D
Buy cheap & that's what you end up with.nojoke
Try Geico or any insurance company, you can run the numbers right online.:thumbup:

freebob
05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
My advice is to shop around, There are too many factors that contribute to Vehicle insurance...Such as Driving record, Age, Credit status, State and area you live in,...Good Luck...:pray:

Freebob...:doorag:

kuroneko81
05-18-2011, 08:00 PM
we got ours thru the same company we have our auto & home - liberty mutual; pretty inexpensive

bone crusher
05-18-2011, 08:13 PM
I agree with others...you don't want cheap insurance...you want appropriate insurance that is fair. Cheap insurance might not be so cheap when you have a problem...

1BLACKSPYDER
05-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Foremost!!!!! $320.00 Full coverage. Try to combine your auto for a larger discount. :2thumbs:

dltang
05-18-2011, 08:29 PM
:welcome: and best of luck to you on your insurance hunt.

jedd
05-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Farm Bureau written through Western Ag $215 @ year in IA.

Jim:thumbup:

funon3
05-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I did a lot of shopping around about a year ago and the best price I found for the coverage I wanted was Foremost.

Bob Denman
05-19-2011, 07:03 AM
(Been selling this crap for 33 years...)
Cheap rarely is...:lecturef_smilie:
Find an agent that you trust (Or at least don't hate!) and tell him what you think that you need; if he's worth his salt he'll find you a company that will offer at least a workable compromise...
I use American Modern Home for mine...
Foremost ain't half bad though...

murphybrown
05-19-2011, 07:25 AM
I always buy insurance as an annual payment...so for decades as each comes up for renewal..I do my research and comparison. Looking for the best possible deal, with a reputable company and always comparing apples to apples.
Truck, house, business..usually were "close" in quotes.
As a side note...other than age I have excellent credit rating, no tickets accidents or those other markers that affect your rate. BUT each state is different and WA is not insurance premium friendly.
Spyder INSURANCE and total crazy maker. Last year I went with Foremost as I have my truck & homeowners with Hartford and Foremost handles motorcycles. Premium over $900 annual (with $500 deductible)..a couple days later on Spyderlovers someone mentioned checking with Marc Fisher who represents American Home. Wow big savings down to $650..same full coverage..so cxl. Foremost.
This year went back to Marc...premium dropped to $550...started checking...ended up with Progressive for $310 annual and higher coverage than had with Am Home...
I have found insurance to be that bouncing ball...but I am committed to doing my due diligence to find the best rate for me. Bottom line is I am responsible for being a good stewart of my $$ and at the current gas prices and my ABSOLUTE commitment to ryde the wheels off MS SPYDER :2thumbs: I'll use what i save on insurance premium to buy the premium gas for :spyder2:...
Yesterday was a great day of ryding..now have a Spyder buddy here in my valley...gave her a ryde last year and 2 weeks later she order her red 2011 RT...has been ryding for a few, so yesterday we took a journey getting her "on the road"...she was so excited was averaging 45 mph with great confidence (she even got up to 58 TWICE!!!!)...
I keep telling her it took me 2 weeks to get out of WalMart parking lot (max 2nd gear)...and several more weeks to be brave enough to go to town (folks Cuba, MO makes Chelan look really small!!!)...and now here I am saying trip, where? let's go....
I have almost 12,000 on Ms Spyder and next week will be my 1 year ownership anniversary. Whoop Whoop :2excited:

teron50
05-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Made out very well with Progressive.

coz
05-19-2011, 02:10 PM
THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLIED, MY GUY QUOTED ME 360 SOMETHING, SO ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT HE'S IN THE BALLPARK. THAT'S BASED ON A VALUE OF 11K.

ARtraveler
05-19-2011, 02:15 PM
:welcome: all good advice above. Cheap is usually not the best way to go. When it comes to crunch time--you need a company that will work with you and treat you fair. This is were the less expensive companies are lacking. Like Bob D said--you should find an agent you can work with and go from there.