PDA

View Full Version : Northern Illinois Riders Going to Maggie Valley

Papa
05-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Just got the goahead from the Mrs. and am thinking about the ride to Maggie Valley and was wondering what others are planning and if they would like some company.

Are you planning one straight shot or an overnight stop and then a run to Lamonts BBQ?

I am interested in not riding it alone.

fastfraser
05-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Man are you whipped or what ? The wife said I could go ! Its alright the wife just told me I could post this .:roflblack::roflblack:

Great you can make it ! We are heading down ourselves Tues. night SOLO . Its more fun to travel with a small group .Pretty sure our paths don't cross til TENN. Have a safe trip.

SpyderAnn01
05-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Papa we are meeting up with Butch and Paula from MN and Kelly from Milwaukee and will be making it a 2 day trip. I'm sure you could link up with us/them the more the merrier.

Questions
05-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi SpyderAnn! I work for BRP's PR firm. I'm interested in riding with a group of Spyder owners from Wisconsin to Maggie Valley. Along the way, I'll follow one rider and capture his/her story, which will be edited into a series of videos for BRP's Spyder blog.

Is there any chance that you, Butch, Paula or Kelly might be interested? Let me know with an email to jlusk@c-k.com. Thanks!

:spyder2:

ThreeFeet
05-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Just got the goahead from the Mrs. and am thinking about the ride to Maggie Valley and was wondering what others are planning and if they would like some company.

Are you planning one straight shot or an overnight stop and then a run to Lamonts BBQ?

I am interested in not -riding it alone. I was planning on coming from Wi down I-39 to I55 and getting off in Bloomington, and looking for a nice easy? but fun run thru Ill to maybe Indiana to Ky to Tn. Catch I40 then to 81 to Morristown to a campground I found there. Hopefully get there the 15th set up camp and then maybe try to find Lamonts. Then on the 16 go to BBQ. Don't think I can make it to Maggie Valley that day so will go back to campground and leave in AM the 17th Get to MV and a campground I have a spot in already. Just sorta figure on being in Lower Wi ie Janesville around the 13th? or14? Not sure how long I can stay in the saddle and pulling a brp trailer, gas issue yaknow. Not sure how things will react to trucks RT handles and drives A WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT:yikes: than my RS pulling that trailer. Not sure if that time line is very valid but just thinking about it not sure how many miles I can do at one time. But any one else to go with would be great. Where when and how would be the next ???'s. Any info would help.

Papa
05-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I was planning on coming from Wi down I-39 to I55 and getting off in Bloomington, and looking for a nice easy? but fun run thru Ill to maybe Indiana to Ky to Tn. Catch I40 then to 81 to Morristown to a campground I found there. Hopefully get there the 15th set up camp and then maybe try to find Lamonts. Then on the 16 go to BBQ. Don't think I can make it to Maggie Valley that day so will go back to campground and leave in AM the 17th Get to MV and a campground I have a spot in already. Just sorta figure on being in Lower Wi ie Janesville around the 13th? or14? Not sure how long I can stay in the saddle and pulling a brp trailer, gas issue yaknow. Not sure how things will react to trucks RT handles and drives A WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT:yikes: than my RS pulling that trailer. Not sure if that time line is very valid but just thinking about it not sure how many miles I can do at one time. But any one else to go with would be great. Where when and how would be the next ???'s. Any info would help.

Unfortunatly I can't leave until Wednesday the 15th. I'll head to the BBQ with an overnightg along the way. Maybe a group of us can hook up on thw way home after the event.

wildwoman
05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
That would be great if you want to hook up for the ride home. Maybe you know a fast and stressfree way to get threw Chicago.

ThreeFeet
05-24-2011, 05:44 PM
That would be great if you want to hook up for the ride home. Maybe you know a fast and stressfree way to get threw Chicago. Yep fly over it :roflblack:or drive WAAAAAAY around it!!!!!!!!!!!!:roflblack:

Papa
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
That would be great if you want to hook up for the ride home. Maybe you know a fast and stressfree way to get threw Chicago.

I've only lived here 60+ years and haven't found that route yet. It's all about timing. 3AM it's not to bad.nojoke

ElkSpyder
05-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Unfortunatly I can't leave until Wednesday the 15th. I'll head to the BBQ with an overnightg along the way. Maybe a group of us can hook up on thw way home after the event.

Papa,

I'm leaving from southern WI on the 15th also. And I'm planning on an overnite stop. Let me know if your interested in riding together.

Papa
05-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Papa,

I'm leaving from southern WI on the 15th also. And I'm planning on an overnite stop. Let me know if your interested in riding together.

I am interested. Better than going solo. I'll pm you with more contact information.

challman
06-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Papa,

I am in north Central IN. I am thinking about going and think it would be a blast to go. Anyone want to join me. I could easily hook up with the Wisconson/Ill group Where would we meet?

JJW SpyderRider
06-11-2011, 07:31 AM
I was planning on coming from Wi down I-39 to I55 and getting off in Bloomington, and looking for a nice easy? but fun run thru Ill to maybe Indiana to Ky to Tn. Catch I40 then to 81 to Morristown to a campground I found there. Hopefully get there the 15th set up camp and then maybe try to find Lamonts. Then on the 16 go to BBQ. Don't think I can make it to Maggie Valley that day so will go back to campground and leave in AM the 17th Get to MV and a campground I have a spot in already. Just sorta figure on being in Lower Wi ie Janesville around the 13th? or14? Not sure how long I can stay in the saddle and pulling a brp trailer, gas issue yaknow. Not sure how things will react to trucks RT handles and drives A WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT:yikes: than my RS pulling that trailer. Not sure if that time line is very valid but just thinking about it not sure how many miles I can do at one time. But any one else to go with would be great. Where when and how would be the next ???'s. Any info would help.

ThreeFeet if you need anything while in the Janesville area give me a call 815-298-2316. I'm about 25 minutes away off I-39 exit right before the Tollway, Rockton Road exit. I could even meet up for dinner if you don't already have plans.

Same goes for anyone else passing through. I used up my vacation days this year recovering from surgery so I won't be going this year. Have a safe trip.

Papa
06-11-2011, 07:59 AM
I am in north Central IN. I am thinking about going and think it would be a blast to go. Anyone want to join me. I could easily hook up with the Wisconson/Ill group Where would we meet?

Challman.

Myself, ElkSPyder and tofriendscreek will be meeting up at the following location on Wednesday the 15th at about 1:30PM:

Steak & Shake
Hwy 32 (just off 65)
Lebanon IN 46052

We plan on an overnight stop in KY before going to the BBQ. You're more than welcome to join. Let us know . .