PDA

View Full Version : Arntufun - Phoenix NY

grumpybob
05-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi;
Have a good ride around Tug Hill Sunday. If you are in town on Sat. the ATV mudfest is about 12 miles from Phoenix. Costs $5.00 to get in. Starts at 11:00 am Sat. Should be a lot of mud flying.

arntufun
05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes my wife and I will most likely go out there on Saturday and find some place to stay. The only issue is, we have the RS and only the Frunk. To get my wife to pack an overnight bag with just her stuff (make-up, hair straightner, brushes, and ect) takes up the whole thing. And NO WAY will I ever add saddle bags. I might end up wearing the same clothes two days in a row. :roflblack::roflblack: I know Sunday it is not supposed to rain, but Saturday it might so I'm watching the weather close. I do not have rain gear. But that ATV fest sounds like a good time. You live out there ???

grumpybob
05-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I live in Granby, about 14 miles from Phoenix NY. Fulton is about 10 miles from Phoenix. There is a hotel in Fulton the River View, or Riverside. Can't remember which, and I had brunch there two weeks ago. It has washers/dryers and I believe both breakfast and dinner on the weekends. Haven't stayed there in about 7 yrs. but was pretty nice and reasonable back then.

Are you looking for a hotel/motel or are you going to camp?

My driveway is tough getting into with a camper over 28', but if you want to park a camper at my place there is plenty of room, and you won't be bothering anybody.

arntufun
05-18-2011, 12:08 PM
I live in Granby, about 14 miles from Phoenix NY. Fulton is about 10 miles from Phoenix. There is a hotel in Fulton the River View, or Riverside. Can't remember which, and I had brunch there two weeks ago. It has washers/dryers and I believe both breakfast and dinner on the weekends. Haven't stayed there in about 7 yrs. but was pretty nice and reasonable back then.

Are you looking for a hotel/motel or are you going to camp?

My driveway is tough getting into with a camper over 28', but if you want to park a camper at my place there is plenty of room, and you won't be bothering anybody.

Thank you for the generous offer. We will be staying in a motel because after the picnic at the Towpath, we will head home from there since we will be a 1/4 of the way back east. It would make no sense to drive west from the Towpath back to Phoenix just to turn around and head back east to come home. And besides, the gas money to tow my Spydercamper out there will almost cover the room for the night. The Hampton Inn is full but there is a Super 8 in Liverpool that has a room available. From what the manager said, Phoenix is only 15 minutes from there. I have never been out there so , any suggestions will be appreciated. What is the address of that ATV fest ??? It sounds like something we would like to attend on Saturday.

grumpybob
05-18-2011, 02:33 PM
I think there are 3 Super 8's in Liverpool. Any of the three should not be more than 20 minutes from Phoenix. The closet and easiest one to get to Phoenix would be the one on Oswego Rd. I don't know where the one on Transister Pkwy is located. I have never stayed at any of them, so I can't comment on how the accommodations are at any of the three. Either way Liverpool is not that big. You should find good food nearby. For hotdogs Heid's is the very well known place to go in Liverpool. I say that because it is so popular.

The ATV Mudfest is at Granby fire dept on County Route 8 just outside of Fulton. There is a website with info about it. Can't remember exactly what it is but if you search Granby NY, or ATV Mudfest Granby NY it will show up. I will try to get it for you later and send it to you.

Nan and I are going to a Swapmeet/flea market at the American legion in Fulton At 8:00am for the Vintage Snowmobile Club. Then we will be at the ATV mudfest. Some how we will have to go home first to let our dogs out but we will probably make it by noon at the latest. She is on call at the hospital for emergencies starting at 3:00pm. so we may have to leave anytime after 3:00.

If you want to meet up let us know and we will do our best to at least meet and say hi.

arntufun
05-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I think there are 3 Super 8's in Liverpool. Any of the three should not be more than 20 minutes from Phoenix. The closet and easiest one to get to Phoenix would be the one on Oswego Rd. I don't know where the one on Transister Pkwy is located. I have never stayed at any of them, so I can't comment on how the accommodations are at any of the three. Either way Liverpool is not that big. You should find good food nearby. For hotdogs Heid's is the very well known place to go in Liverpool. I say that because it is so popular.

The ATV Mudfest is at Granby fire dept on County Route 8 just outside of Fulton. There is a website with info about it. Can't remember exactly what it is but if you search Granby NY, or ATV Mudfest Granby NY it will show up. I will try to get it for you later and send it to you.

Nan and I are going to a Swapmeet/flea market at the American legion in Fulton At 8:00am for the Vintage Snowmobile Club. Then we will be at the ATV mudfest. Some how we will have to go home first to let our dogs out but we will probably make it by noon at the latest. She is on call at the hospital for emergencies starting at 3:00pm. so we may have to leave anytime after 3:00.

If you want to meet up let us know and we will do our best to at least meet and say hi.

Yes, we would love to meet up and say hello at the mud fest. We will be wearing Spyder t shirts so you will be able to pick us out in the crowd. Question for ya about the super 8 on oswego rd. Is that a good area to leave our Spyder outside for the night ??? I don't want to stay in a bad area. I'm very protective of my baby.

wyliec
05-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes, we would love to meet up and say hello at the mud fest. We will be wearing Spyder t shirts so you will be able to pick us out in the crowd. Question for ya about the super 8 on oswego rd. Is that a good area to leave our Spyder outside for the night ??? I don't want to stay in a bad area. I'm very protective of my baby.

Liverpool isn't known for its crime. However, Syracuse's South side is; but, you'll be far enough away from there.

Liverpool is known for Heid's hot dogs and the police pulling motorist's over. It's not a place that you want to take a chance and go over the speed limit. In other words, if the speed limit is 35, do 35.

If you like Japanese food, Liverpool is also noted for Ichiban steak house. Of course when we go there, I like the sushi; eel (unagi) is one of my favorites.

grumpybob
05-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Liverpool isn't known for its crime. However, Syracuse's South side is; but, you'll be far enough away from there.

Liverpool is known for Heid's hot dogs and the police pulling motorist's over. It's not a place that you want to take a chance and go over the speed limit. In other words, if the speed limit is 35, do 35.

If you like Japanese food, Liverpool is also noted for Ichiban steak house. Of course when we go there, I like the sushi; eel (unagi) is one of my favorites.

:agree: Got pulled over for doing 32 in a 30 once. Judge threw it out.

I feel the same about my vehicles. Always try to park under a light.

Oswego Rd is Rt 57. I say that without looking, but I believe it is. If so, if you head north it takes you right into phoenix, keep going and it takes you to Fulton.

My Cell # is 315 436-0358. I will keep it on. If you have any problems on the way give me a call. I have a 7 x 12 utility trailer if need be, but hope not.

When do you plan on getting here?

Parking at the fire dept. probably will be a little difficult. May have to park on the side of the road, a lot of vehicles will be, should be ok.

I'll be the short, 5'8" 190 lbs. ugly looking guy. Black baseball cap with Marine Corps type emblem. Says 'SHADOW WARRIORS DEATH IN THE DARK' on it. Nobody else will be wearing one like it.
granbyfire.com should have all the info on the events.

arntufun
05-19-2011, 01:04 PM
:agree: Got pulled over for doing 32 in a 30 once. Judge threw it out.

I feel the same about my vehicles. Always try to park under a light.

Oswego Rd is Rt 57. I say that without looking, but I believe it is. If so, if you head north it takes you right into phoenix, keep going and it takes you to Fulton.

My Cell # is 315 436-0358. I will keep it on. If you have any problems on the way give me a call. I have a 7 x 12 utility trailer if need be, but hope not.

When do you plan on getting here?

Parking at the fire dept. probably will be a little difficult. May have to park on the side of the road, a lot of vehicles will be, should be ok.

I'll be the short, 5'8" 190 lbs. ugly looking guy. Black baseball cap with Marine Corps type emblem. Says 'SHADOW WARRIORS DEATH IN THE DARK' on it. Nobody else will be wearing one like it.
granbyfire.com should have all the info on the events.

Thank you so much for your kindness with the phone #. I hope I will not need the trailer. Parking should be easy at the firehouse, if I'm going to enter the Spyder in the mug bog !!!:joke: If I can get the misses going in the morning, I plan on being there by noon. But as you know, you can never rush a woman. I can't belive more New Yorkers are not going on this ride. There is only a few from Spyderlovers that I know of, that will be there.

grumpybob
05-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Thank you so much for your kindness with the phone #. I hope I will not need the trailer. Parking should be easy at the firehouse, if I'm going to enter the Spyder in the mug bog !!!:joke: If I can get the misses going in the morning, I plan on being there by noon. But as you know, you can never rush a woman. I can't belive more New Yorkers are not going on this ride. There is only a few from Spyderlovers that I know of, that will be there.

I only live 15 miles from phoenix and I didn't hear about it!! Who is putting it on, is it for a cause?

To late for me to go now as my two pups have to take two pet therapy tests and a Canine Good Citizen test each on Sunday afternoon.

arntufun
05-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Ingles Motorsports in Phoenix, is putting it on. I read it on the other forum. I guess there will be over 40 Ryders.

grumpybob
05-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Stupid me! Should have known that. They ride out of his shop a lot of weekends. Mike, the owner, is in the snowmobile club and really supports the vintage event in Feb. Club bought a Polaris ranger all setup to groom trails. Has Tracks on it, cab, and a ton of acc.