PDA

View Full Version : MSF Test

spyder3
05-15-2011, 09:09 PM
I finally had my MSF testing/training this weekend. being that it was my first time ever on a bike it sure made this interesting.

I did pass the test's, both written and road test although i choked pretty bad on the road test. But, in the end i will have my cycle license on tuesday.

One thing is for sure, there will be no 2 wheel MC's in my future, so i am officially retired from 2 wheeling...:roflblack: Its way to tiring and I think it would take me about 6 months to feel like i wouldn't be a menace to myself or other motorist! :yes:

Spyder plans will commence in Cuba, MO starting on WED/Thursday.

Shipping it back here next monday or tuesday.
:2excited: but so tired and sore right now, i just want the bed!! nojoke

john

Phil
05-15-2011, 10:52 PM
John- I feel your pain... AND your logic!! I'm 58 and I'm thinking I break much easier at this age. Adding 33% more wheels adds 1033% probability of living in my book :)

fastfraser
05-16-2011, 05:01 AM
:congrats: on passing . What are you gettng ?:popcorn:

Texmac1011
05-16-2011, 05:25 AM
:congrats:

My wife passed her's this weekend, also. She took a trike class though, so it wasn't to difficult for her.

Enjoy your ryde!

Yfactor
05-16-2011, 07:58 AM
but so tired and sore right now, i just want the bed!!

Man I know that feeling, had to do mine in 95+ temps. The picture in my Avatar was taken the day after completion. After the first day I was sure I'd never make it for day 2 but 2 Aleve and a nights sleep and was good to go. Was lucky enough to ace both written and road portions. My sons were not happy that the "Old Man" out did them on the course. :clap::shocked::roflblack:

Slybird
05-16-2011, 08:11 AM
John- I feel your pain... AND your logic!! I'm 58 and I'm thinking I break much easier at this age. Adding 33% more wheels adds 1033% probability of living in my book :)

:congrats: , Spyder3,on your passing and, Phil, I totally agree. With me, however, I just got tired of tipping my Ultra Classic over...those darned things are heavy and , being 63, I'm not quite the superman I once thought I was!! :D

Bob Denman
05-16-2011, 09:12 AM
:congrats: on getting through all of it! Now the REAL fun begins...:ohyea:

arvoaussie
05-16-2011, 10:53 AM
WOOT congrats...yeah finished mine last weekend.

spyder3
05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys!! yeah, i'm in my 50's so....i'm into comfort when having fun, not work..:clap:

now another trip to our wonderful DMV tomorrow....:gaah:

Bob Denman
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
I hope that yours is way better than ours! :gaah::yikes: :D

Wheeler~
05-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately, as we all eventually find out, there comes a time when practicality takes over.

FaranH
05-16-2011, 02:17 PM
I took my MSF class the weekend of May 7-8, got my Arkansas motorcycle endorsement on Wed, May 11 and on Sat, May 14 I was riding my Spyder RS-S on the twisties of Topanga Canyon and Mulholland Hwy on the Ambassador trip to LA. Try that as a brand new rider on a 2-wheeler!!:D

The learning curve is remarkably short and the thrill is every bit as much there. Loved every bit of it!

Raptor
05-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Congrats on passing the course! :clap: I took mine this past weekend as well. Passed with flying colors. It has been so long since I was up on 2 wheels I thought I would struggle a bit at first, bit no way. Took to it like a Duck to water. It was funny because Sunday it rained, hailed, high-winds, the whole nine! But the class toughed it out pretty well. You could actually see the different levels of skill and confidence out on the range; some did well, others just didn't make it. And that's OK. Everybody was curious about ol' Phantom 14. Got lots of questions when I rolled up on that Saturday morning! But it was a great experience. I especially liked the weaving, tight cornering and swerving drills. Heck, we even had to run over some stuff! :yikes: This is definitely something that everyone should do. Whether you go two wheels or three, it will make you a better rider, no doubt.

And I am definitely going 2 wheels. I'm going to try and keep my Spyder as well, but if I can't make it happen financially, I'm going 2 wheels only. Way more exhilierating in my view. Sure there is more risk involved, but it's how you manage it. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

But the goal is to have the best of both worlds. There is room in my world for both for sure. I'll even dump a cage if I have to! I had to drive in on Sunday because I had some things to do afterwards, and it felt strange. Very confining. Didn't care for it at all! :D

musicarcade
05-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Congrats to all on passing their course! And congrats to Faran for getting such a sweet looking RSS as I noticed in her avatar.

In SC you don't need a motorcycle license, so I have not taken a MSF class. Although I plan to in the future just to see what I may have been overlooking, other than a break in my insurance:doorag:

Raptor
05-16-2011, 03:15 PM
So if reading this right you have been riding all this time without a lic? In some places your insurance may not cover you if driving without a Lic. Sure would hate to be the guy you hit an find that out:gaah:

In California, you don't need a MC endorsement to ride the Spyder. The third wheel makes you exempt. I am not sure why it is that way here, but it is. But I want to get up on 2 wheels again, and for that you need your M1 (of course). Hence the course.

Would never dream of riding a machine without proper certification. That is just plain stupid.

rcantrell52
05-22-2011, 02:34 PM
John,

Congrats for passing the MSF course! My wife and I attempted that course in 11/10, after the 4th road exercise we decided not to finish. We made serveral mistakes, 1) we took the test out of town, not locally 2) waited till age 60 to attempt this and had never ridden before, 3) during lunch we ran around looking for lunch instead of packing one. In 1/11, I retook the course and barely passed the driving test. I made several changes, took the course during the week, not the weekend; I took off early the day before and slept in my own bed for good sleep; took my lunch & ate at the track. Took the DMV test and passed with flying colors.
In 3/11, we took the Evergreen Trike Safety Course and both passed. My wife was able to file for an exemption so she could take the DMV written exam. She passed the written test with a 100 and was granted a full motorcycle license.
Congrats again!
Reese
2010 Pearl White RS-S SE5
2010 Orbital Blue RT-S SE5