PDA

View Full Version : thanks docdoru, I am proud to call you a friend

SethO
05-13-2011, 07:19 PM
For those of you on here that have not met Doc, He is are hard to understand but easy to explain.

Doc is the man, that is the short explanation.

The hard to understand is partly because he is speaks over 4 languages and "I sometime the english is sometimes broken, No?"

Last week after spyderfest I received a parking brake cable from doc because mine went to crap at spyderfest after cowtown helped me swap out my tires and brakes (a must and thanks a ton to them ) Cowtown did not have a brake cable and doc said he would send me a extra one he had and would not take any money for it.This isn't the first time doc has done this for me, He overnighted a drive belt to me before the salt flats because mine had a hole in it,he helped me out a ton with the engine rebuild in Florida, Hooked me up in clearwater FL when came down there on vacation, He challenged me to a drag race shootout in northern MN and DROVE all the way up to Brainerd MN from Clearwater FL to throw down.There are more examples of this that doc has done for people on here, probably too many to list.

The point of this fragmented rant is that Doc is the kind of guy that would help out ANY spyder rider with ANY problem they have that he can help with and that says tons about him. I know that everyone on here who has met doc may have a different opinion of him or his riding style but NO ONE on the planet has put the miles on, the way doc has puts the miles ON.

I do know that Doc talks a big game and some people can't handle that but Doc is the man, He doesn't just talk about it, he does it.

Thanks again, my friend for all the support and if you have a "interesting" doc story, post it up.

ARtraveler
05-13-2011, 07:39 PM
I have seen many of his posts and hope someday to meet in person. Just an example of some of the great people on this site.

Lamonster
05-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Doc is all about the Spyder and helping others, more than most know. :thumbup::bowdown:

dave01
05-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Here ya go. When I got my phantom, the dealer told me of a Spyder ryder that I had to meet. I had put elkas on my quad and they only knew of one other person that was using them on anything. Met doc over the phone and he asked me if I wanted to take a ride tomorrow with some friends. Little did I know that this 'ride was all of the way to jacksonville FL. Met Forrest on this ride and off we went. They were wondering why I was going slower than them till I told them I only had 300 miles on my Spyder. Off we went for a FULL day of modding out another member on this forum's Spyder. We left home at 7 am and I got back home at 0230 the next morning. That trip was also my first experience with monster energy drinks and red bull. As a side note, don't drink 5 of them in a row and plan on sleeping the same day. We modded out her whole Spyder, from risers, mud flap lights, fender tips and much more. Learned a lot that trip and met 2 great people who have become good friends. They are actually less than an hour away from the cabin in NC right now, coming up for a 2 day visit. PS.....Forrest did a great job of supervising the modding adventure...:-) :-) :-)
Watch out if he has an idea to go for lunch. It will usually be a long ryde, like across the state of further.:-)
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Y Rider
05-13-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't know Doc very well but he was my next door neighbor at the Wagon Wheel during Spyderfest. Only got to talk with him a couple times but I could tell just from our brief conversations that he is definitely a class act. :thumbup:

Firefly
05-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Doc's a stand up guy and quite the character. Always a great time when he's around.

It's amazing the relationships we have built out here.:thumbup:

NancysToy
05-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Doru is one of the most generous, caring people I have ever met. He has called several times, not just to talk about Spyders, but to express his concerns and thoughts over Nancy's and my various health issues. He always seeks me out at an event, just to chat a while. I have not had the privilege of riding with him, and I'm certain I could not keep up, but I can't think of anyone I would rather call "friend"!

dltang
05-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Doc is a very special person indeed. He has called us in the past just to check on us. He has called Brian on various occasions to discuss something that was posted. He has sent Brian a t-shirt and after last year's Spyderfest when I blew out my gaskets, he sent me a set of Honda gaskets. I know he probably doesn't want all this recognition but he is just a good guy. I am glad I know him and I consider him a friend.

SPYDERGUY1
05-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Do not have a story but have been in contact upon occasion. This MAN is becoming a LEGEND. Congrats DOC.:firstplace:

jedd
05-13-2011, 11:19 PM
SethO thanks for putting this out, I had the pleasure to ride and spend time this year in Cuba with Doc. Every word you stated is true he's alot of fun and pretty darn humble too. He is a prime example of the quality of people here and he leads by example. I'm honored to have met him and very proud to have him as a friend.

Another example of the fact we all have Spyders but without this site we all would have far less friends.:clap:

P.S. Seth your pretty :cus: cool to Buddie:2thumbs:

Jim:thumbup:

WackyDan
05-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Doc is a stellar human indeed. My first Spyders in the Smokies rally in 09 was my first experience with Doc, and I still look back on that as one of the best days riding I've had.

Everything all have said already, all I can say is ditto!

Oh... and Doc loves to eat shrimp!

jedd
05-13-2011, 11:23 PM
I Forgot...............

Lets_Race!!!

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

clueless
05-14-2011, 03:57 AM
Just don't get behind doc at a passport stamping stop at spyderfest... At the visitors bureau stop she broke the stamp on the last booklets of docs! Lol. Was funny. Too bad doc ya didn't win the paint job after all that.

Mo Lee
05-14-2011, 05:59 AM
:agree: with all of the above. He is just a great all around guy.

bjt
05-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Doc is all about the Spyder and helping others, more than most know. :thumbup::bowdown:

+1 :thumbup:

... P.S. Seth your pretty :cus: cool too Buddie:2thumbs:

+1 :thumbup:

jimclarkf1
05-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I met Doc at SPYDERFEST, He was nothing but class, showing and telling me about his SPYDER and the TURBO,:clap: willing to take time for the rookies:bowdown:

napper39
05-14-2011, 09:50 AM
i also met doc at spyder fest,i told him about my bad knees and he told me how easy it was to repair ,and he also helped me out .what a good guy he is i know for sure,he also found a nale in a tire of the last spachel edition rts that they sold and he told the new owener .of corse cow towen made it right.thanks doc im glad your are my friend.i would love to move to fla,and ride with all you guys .:2thumbs::D:chat: i forgot i alwas say ride like the wind.:spyder2:

DynamoBT
05-14-2011, 09:59 AM
When I had just gotten my Spyder, Doc called me up to run me through what to expect in my first dealer maintenance service. Followed up with a PM detailing what was involved and what to expect.

I was new, totally inexperienced and somewhat overwhelmed at having to depend on the dealer to do everything right. Doc was just terrific in educating me and setting me at ease!!

Doc is a class act indeed!!!

BajaRon
05-14-2011, 10:19 AM
There is only 1 Doc. A lot of people talk a good game but Doc is and has done everything he says. And I dare say there is more that we don't know about than what we do know about.

Doc is all about doing. He is like the Energizer Bunny, he just keeps going and going and...

Thanks Doc, you bring a lot to the Spyder and to Spyderlovers as well.

Let's Race!

Wheeler~
05-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Doc's a friend worth having. His concern is sincere, his generosity comes from the heart and his wisdom comes from experience. I'm proud to call him a friend.