PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Beach bound

YPILOT
05-13-2011, 05:41 PM
We are in Savannah GA for the evening. Ryding on to Daytona Beach Saturday morning. It was 95 degrees on the slab today and I thought Phoenix the Spyder would cook. Plenty of coolant but the heat gage was all the way up, one more bar and the little triangle at the top would have shown. It didn't go into limp mode and it ran great? Any ideas why it seemed so hot without overheating? Dennis

fastfraser
05-13-2011, 08:15 PM
:yikes: Wow usually when you hit the 6-7 bar range you get into trouble. Never herd of one going that high with-out some sort of trouble .:dontknow:

freebob
05-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Well I can confirm it was 95 deg. in Savannah today and humid I was there also and also in Hilton Head Sc. That was high temp. even for a RS
I was on my RT and temp gage never went above half way.
Are you sure your fan was working...:dontknow:...

Freebob....:doorag:

YPILOT
05-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Well I can confirm it was 95 deg. in Savannah today and humid I was there also and also in Hilton Head Sc. That was high temp. even for a RS
I was on my RT and temp gage never went above half way.
Are you sure your fan was working...:dontknow:...

Freebob....:doorag:

Yes, it started up at 5 bars right on que. I've noticed in the last week or so that the temp gage seems to be going up faster than usual. I suspect the thermostat but don't know for sure. I'll call my dealer & ask.

YPILOT
05-15-2011, 05:26 PM
I talked to my dealer on Saturday morning about the heat gage. He told me that the new update included a change in the gage reading, making it higher on the scale and overheating does not occur until the last bar is reached. On another note we left Savannah Saturday morning picked up 17 south for a few miles got caught in the 1 st rain shower no big deal, stopped and put on rain gear and continued on. We got back on I-95 and went in & out of a couple of more showers. About 20 miles from Jacksonville we got slamed by a super storm. Day turned to night, wind gust about 60 mph rained so hard we couldn't see anything. We finally had to pull to the side & prayed we did't get run over. After about 10 minutes we decided to continue to the next exit. Tree depris all over the road & still raining like mad we made it to the Jacksonville airport exit found a Cracker Barrell and went in. We soaked their floor down while getting a hot meal. I left them a generous tip when we were finished. We ended up staying at a hotel there Saturday night. That was the worst storm that I've ever been caught in. We thought we were gonna die out there.