PDA

View Full Version : Hwy 9 Ryde into Santa Cruz

jvirga
05-13-2011, 02:38 PM
We did this last year for the first time. Everyone had a good time. Let’s do it again.
Back by popular demand, the HWY 9 Ryde to the Boardwalk Wharf in Santa Cruz--Departing on Saturday July 9th
We will meet at the gas station (76) on the corner of Saratoga Ave and Los Gatos Saratoga Road. This is the corner just at the beginning of the town of Saratoga. Saratoga Ave becomes Big Basin Way as it goes into town and is actually Hwy 9. (I suggest that you take the Saratoga exit off of Hwy 85 toward Saratoga.) Meet at 10 am with a full tank of gas. We will take off at 10:15.
We will take Hwy 9 over Skyline and down into Felton where we will take the back way into Santa Cruz. Ryding into town on Ocean Ave. We will follow the signs to the Board Walk wharf for lunch. From there we can come back up Hwy 1 working our way to Alice’s Restaurant to finish the ryde.:2excited:

Motorcycle Mama & Papa
05-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Count us in. I encourage all if you can to check this ryde out. It was a fantastic last year. The scenery was BEE U TEE FUL, and the peeps SO NICE. So, if you want a day of fun, you might want to go on this ryde.
:shemademe_smilie: :yes:

SpyderGirl
06-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Hmm.... sounds like fun. Let me ask the group to see if they'd be interested. Maybe we can get a big group of Spyders together. :)

SpyderGirl
06-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Put this up on the SRA Bay Area Facebook page earlier this evening and we have 8 people who have already RSVP'd to come. :)

It should be awesome.

jvirga
06-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm really encouraged by the response for this ryde. On this route we don't have to compete with allot of traffic either other bikes or cars. It's a combination of rydes...twist and turns through the mountains with lovely views and redwood forest...a fast straight run up Hwy 1 with the ocean on the left...last leg is through the coastal mountains to Alice's. (It should be nice weather in July.) The warf at the boardwalk in Santa Cruz is not only scenic the food is really good too. :2thumbs:

SpyderGirl
06-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm really encouraged by the response for this ryde. On this route we don't have to compete with allot of traffic either other bikes or cars. It's a combination of rydes...twist and turns through the mountains with lovely views and redwood forest...a fast straight run up Hwy 1 with the ocean on the left...last leg is through the coastal mountains to Alice's. (It should be nice weather in July.) The warf at the boardwalk in Santa Cruz is not only scenic the food is really good too. :2thumbs:

You'll find it's not hard to get folks out there to get together and ride... especially if food is involved. :doorag: