PDA

View Full Version : Heel toe shifter

Bmac
05-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Does everyone like the heel toe shifter ?? If so where did you get one ?

Bob Denman
05-10-2011, 09:42 AM
You might want to contact Inspector Gadget... I think that he produces them. :thumbup:

BikerDoc
05-10-2011, 09:46 AM
I am getting one from inspectorGadget later this month.. I tested his on his RT SM5 and really like the feel and of course that it accomodates his floorboards

dave711
05-11-2011, 05:33 PM
give inspector gadget a message... I have been using his for about a year.. easy to install and looks good.. :agree:

Blue Star
05-11-2011, 05:55 PM
give inspector gadget a message... I have been using his for about a year.. easy to install and looks good.. :agree:
Can you (or anyone) post a photo of one, and will it work for a RS?

Littlebadwolf
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I've got the heel/toe shifter on my 09 rs and love it....there's not much room on the stock spyder to get you toes in there for shifting and it also lets you extend your legs...hence the forward controls...:)...Sheesh...felt brilliant with that answer...but it's a good one...:)

bullant12
05-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Can you (or anyone) post a photo of one, and will it work for a RS?

Here (http://www.spyderrt.embarqspace.com/#/products/4541444718) is his website...

Don't think he's got them for the RS since he's only got an RT and sells things that he's created for it.:lecturef_smilie:

Blue Star
05-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I've got the heel/toe shifter on my 09 rs and love it....there's not much room on the stock spyder to get you toes in there for shifting and it also lets you extend your legs...hence the forward controls...:)...Sheesh...felt brilliant with that answer...but it's a good one...:)

Here (http://www.spyderrt.embarqspace.com/#/products/4541444718) is his website...

Don't think he's got them for the RS since he's only got an RT and sells things that he's created for it.:lecturef_smilie:

Thanks for the info. I am going to order one as Littlebadwolf put one on his, and for $42.00 worth a shot. If not I will resell it. One thing I don't like about the SM is the lack of room for the shifter.

debbie 52
06-17-2012, 02:40 PM
My friend want's to install a heel to toe shifter for me. He is not familiar with spyders and say's the foot peg nut and bolt is very tight. Is this usual? He does not want to strip or break anything trying to loosen the nut. Any help or comments would be appreciated from you spyder experts. Thanks in advance. Debbie 52 new spyder rt owner soon to be rider.

flybuddy
06-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Here's a pic where you can mostly see it (it really was a pic of the Air Wings). Anyway, very easy install, you're not removing anything--it simply attaches to existing holes in the existing shifter close to the pivot point, it's a simple add on.

Littlebadwolf
06-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Here's the one I have on my 2009 RS...It works like a dream...Extremely easy to put on but you do need to cut a piece of the tupperware to get to the toe shifting part...not hard at all...
Here's a couple pics of what it looks like... and a link to where I got it...
http://www.rtsales.org/eshopprod_cat_4863-49801-58661_product_715304.HEEL_TOE_SHIFTER_.htm

Huntindawg1962
06-17-2012, 03:36 PM
My friend want's to install a heel to toe shifter for me. He is not familiar with spyders and say's the foot peg nut and bolt is very tight. Is this usual? He does not want to strip or break anything trying to loosen the nut. Any help or comments would be appreciated from you spyder experts. Thanks in advance. Debbie 52 new spyder rt owner soon to be rider.

The nut on the left side by the shift lever is not just VERY tight, it is on there with Locktite - It is a real PAIN to remove. 15mm box wrench under the bike, 17mm on the outside (but up in the foot peg) - and as much strength as you can muster - and a few choice cuss words - and about 30 minutes later you will have it off. Jacking it up and a breaker bar will go a long way too.

Be sure you (he) uses BLUE locktite when you put it back on.

Another thing I had when changing shift lever is when it was too tight (linkage) - my shift indicator on the display had an "E" show up. Assumed it was for error and knew I had to work more on it.