PDA

View Full Version : Something is not right

Jester
05-09-2011, 07:28 AM
While patroling a gravel road on the levee on the Vidalia, La side of the Mississippi River yesterday, I high centered a couple of times. Upon returning to the pavement and accelerating hard, my new RTS had a terrible banging sounding like metal against metal and some slippage. Slowing down made the hammering go away but it is repeatable. The dealer is 100 miles away.
Before I go there, what do I look for? Thanks for your thoughts? Maybe a rock messed up the belt???

docdoru
05-09-2011, 07:41 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00947.jpg?t=1304944847

Jester
05-09-2011, 08:40 AM
After jacking it up, nothing appears wrong with the belt and cogs, but the rear axle does not seem lined up correctly. The tire wobbles. Is this something that I can do or does it need to go to the dealer? Does not appear to have any visible damage from the ride down the gravel road.

NancysToy
05-09-2011, 08:48 AM
After jacking it up, nothing appears wrong with the belt and cogs, but the rear axle does not seem lined up correctly. The tire wobbles. Is this something that I can do or does it need to go to the dealer? Does not appear to have any visible damage from the ride down the gravel road.
Bad bearings or hub failure. You need to see the Spyder doc...preferably on a trailer.

Jester
05-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks, Scotty
I believe I will take that advice.
Cappy
aka :joke:

Jester
05-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Since I am going to a new dealership, I may see if they want to install the chrome goodies I had planned to do myself. Any idea what a fair price should be to do it all (big lower pieces, passenger pedals, foot pegs and handlebars)??
Thanks