PDA

View Full Version : Ryde to Maggie Valley Owners Event

InspectorGadget
05-09-2011, 07:08 AM
We are still reeling from the Cuba Spyderfest, but to ease our withdrawls we are starting to plan for Maggie Valley.
Mary and I are planning to leave Lake City Wednesday June 15th @ 7:am heading north on I-75 to Macon.
From Macon we will ryde the senic route (129/44-441) to our final destination for the day in Clayton, NC (380mi).
Our fuel window is 100 miles and we will stop for lunch in one of those windows.
The second day we will head to Highlands, past Bridal Veil Falls, Franklin, Cherokee, and should arrive in Maggie Valley in time to check in, freshen up, and head the 90 miles to Lamonts BBQ for those of you that are going.
I will do a search for motels in Clayton and follow up with another post.
If anyone would like to join us for the ryde, please voice your intentions, concerns, or issues so we can adjust to suit your needs.
We look forward to seeing all of our Florida ryders at Maggie Valley again, even if we do not ryde together---we ryde.
C-YA RL and Mary

dave01
05-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Good choice for a route. Fat Buddies bbq or Cafe. Rel are good choices for food in Franklin.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MouthPiece
05-09-2011, 07:50 AM
There's a pretty nice Hampton Inn in Franklin. Little pricey. $110.00 per night (Early October 2010), but had nice amenities, breakfast, very comfortable rooms, etc.

As for your lunch going up 441, does that not go through Clayton, Georgia and the Dillard House up that way? Great home cookin.

Chris

BikerDoc
05-09-2011, 08:44 AM
The Dillard House is at the end of day one, Franklin NC , twelve miles north of Clayton (I used to have a home there).. Its food is unbelieveably good and they serve til you pop - family style.. Would be great for Supper - A bit too far for lunch this time.. There is a nice family hotel in Clayton (Stonewood I think, right on main highway, but sure there are several places in Franklin as well..

Count me in for the ride..

InspectorGadget
05-09-2011, 09:11 AM
OK I found a Days Inn in Clayton with decent ratings and ammenities for $56.00. If we get in early enough, and we are not to tired, we can ryde to Franklin for a meal or just a ryde as it is only 25 miles.
Next day it will be mountain curves and more beautiful scenery.
C-YA RL

MouthPiece
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
OK I found a Days Inn in Clayton with decent ratings and ammenities for $56.00. If we get in early enough, and we are not to tired, we can ryde to Franklin for a meal or just a ryde as it is only 25 miles.
Next day it will be mountain curves and more beautiful scenery.
C-YA RL

Cindy & I will probably head up the East Coast to my sister's in Beufort (sp?), S.C. We'll probably get up there the weekend before Maggie Valley. I would imagine that from Beufort to Maggie Valley is about a 6 to 7 hour ride. I'm hoping to be in Maggie Valley the Tuesday before everything.

Chris

Scooter
05-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Debbie and I are planning to go to Maggie Valley. I have family in Franklin, NC and will be staying there, its only one hour to Maggie Valley. If I can get a trailer I will haul it up there, if not then we will ride it up there.
I hope we can meet our Florida friends up there.:2excited: :ohyea:

swrafey2000
05-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Cathy and I are leaving early Wensday from Lakeland.When are you leaving Avon park?We were planning on riding with Forrest but I'm not entirely sure about riding straight through.

InspectorGadget
05-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Cathy and I are leaving early Wensday from Lakeland.When are you leaving Avon park?We were planning on riding with Forrest but I'm not entirely sure about riding straight through.
Actually Mary and I are planning on meeting Hal (bikerdoc) in Lake City Wednesday morning 7am and heading North. Planning to stop just short of Franklin so we can go through Highlands and some senic roads before arriving at either Maggie Valley, or going straight to the BBQ.
Would love to have your company on the ryde.
C-YA RL and Mary

MouthPiece
05-11-2011, 10:11 AM
R.L., if you didn't already know, there are some great water falls between Highlands and Franklin. Ya'll have fun.

Chris & Cindy

InspectorGadget
05-11-2011, 08:53 PM
R.L., if you didn't already know, there are some great water falls between Highlands and Franklin. Ya'll have fun.

Chris & Cindy
Chris,
Yes that is one of the reasons for taking that route. Natures beautiful works of art. We don't get to see many of those in Florida.
Thanks C-YA RL

Scooter
05-12-2011, 11:22 AM
I would suggest you go to Highlands from Dillard GA. take 106,246 (Dillard Rd.) to Highlands. Then take 64,28 (Highlands Rd. to Franklin NC. Great ride, you can go under Bridal Falls with your Spyder, and there are other great stops along the way:ohyea:.:2thumbs:
I hope to know by next week if I will be rideing my spyder up or hauling it up, I will be leaving on Wednesday early. When I go to Franklin it takes me 9-9.5 hours, stoping for lunch and gas, from Lady Lake, by car.

effgjamis
05-13-2011, 07:48 AM
On the road again....

Recon
05-13-2011, 02:58 PM
RL, Carol and I have reservations at the Microtel Inn and Suites right across the street from the Maggie Valley Fairgrounds from Wednesday to Sunday. We are going to her sisters above Charlotte on the 10th and then will ryde over to the Valley on the 15th and get up on Thursday and ryde up to Lamonts; mapquest says it's 67 miles from the motel to his farm. See ya all up there.

Scooter
05-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Debbie and I also have reservations at Microtel Inn, in Maggie Valley at 3777 Soco Rd. from Wed. to Sunday. We will be leaving Wed. early. If I can get a trailer, I will haul the spyder or I will ride it up if I don't get one. Maybe we can all meet some where and go up together.:2excited::2thumbs:

Scooter
05-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I got my trailer, so I will haul my spyder up to Maggie Valley. I still plan on leaving Wednesday early. We are looking forward to riding on the dragon and other places around the area.

Were is and how do you get to Lamonster's BBQ from Maggie Valley? it looks like some of you are going there and we would like to ride with you, maybe we can meet in MV.:helpsmilie:

MouthPiece
05-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Hey Scoot. Not to worry. There will be several of us going that way and you are welcome to ride with us. Lamont's address is:
2309 W Old Kentucky Rd Mosheim, TN 37818 (ooops sorry about that font. It was a copy and paste).

Chris & Cindy PE# 0004

Recon
05-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Scooter, we are trailering to Charlotte on the 10th and probably will take the trailer/garage with us to Microtel in MV on the 15th (Gray Ford Expedition and 12' dual axle white trailer in the parking lot). Lamonts BBQ is on Thursday at around 2pm, so we will be leaving Microtel maybe around 11am to get there. 10 miles to I40, then 35 miles North to his turn-off then another 20 miles or about hour or so ryde. Hope to see you there.

SpydrMtn
05-14-2011, 08:28 PM
I live in Franklin and plan to go to Maggie Valley on Sat. :yes::2excited:

For those who are passing through here, there are some new restaurants that are worth checking out.:chat:

InspectorGadget
05-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Mary, Hal, and I will be ryding into MV around noon Thursday and then heading up to Lamonts BBQ. Perhaps we could meet up and ryde there together if it works out. My cell is 863-873-7002 so you can contact me for a hookup.
We are looking forward to seeing you both in NC. C-YA RL

Scooter
05-15-2011, 03:52 PM
I will be at the Microtel Inn around 6-7pm on Wednesday. I will be driveing a gray Kia Sorento with a 6X12 black trailer. Maybe we can all meet at the M-Inn or some where, on Thursday and go together to the BBQ. My cell number is 352-459-3626. If anyone is in town Wed. night lets get together.:2excited::2thumbs:

CaptRalph
05-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I will be at the Microtel Inn around 6-7pm on Wednesday. I will be driveing a gray Kia Sorento with a 6X12 black trailer. Maybe we can all meet at the M-Inn or some where, on Thursday and go together to the BBQ. My cell number is 352-459-3626. If anyone is in town Wed. night lets get together.:2excited::2thumbs:
Hey Scooter: We'll be leaving from Inverness on Wed morning. We are trailering our :f_spider: & plan on taking I-75 all the way and we are staying at the Microtel in Maggie Valley. Maybe we can ride together to Lamont's. Silver 2011 Ford Edge, yellow Spyder with spider graphics. See you soon. Our phone # is 305-322-2626.
Ralph

Scooter
05-19-2011, 12:35 PM
CaptRalph. sounds good to me, give me a call when you get there and we can meet up, we should be getting there about the same time, we may meet on I-75 I plan on leaving Lady Lake about 6:30-7am.:clap::2thumbs:

johnnyg
05-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Well I guess Carol and I will see you guys up there Friday afternoon. We will be leaving out early in the morning 4 ish. We should be there in around 4 or 5. We will be staying at the best western next to Microtel in Maggie Valley. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone Friday. We will be departing bright and earlly Sunday morning heading back to Ocala. JC

Scooter
05-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Good news, glad you can make it, give us a call when you get there.:ohyea::clap::yes:

effgjamis
05-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Well I guess Carol and I will see you guys up there Friday afternoon. We will be leaving out early in the morning 4 ish. We should be there in around 4 or 5. We will be staying at the best western next to Microtel in Maggie Valley. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone Friday. We will be departing bright and earlly Sunday morning heading back to Ocala. JC

R u going to ride with the fl xpress on the return trip?
P

johnnyg
05-20-2011, 11:14 AM
R u going to ride with the fl xpress on the return trip?
P We are planning on leaving early Sunday morning being we have to work on Monday early. What time is the Fl express leaving?

docdoru
05-20-2011, 11:21 AM
We are planning on leaving early Sunday morning being we have to work on Monday early. What time is the Fl express leaving?
6.19 after breakfast. :thumbup:

johnnyg
05-20-2011, 11:57 AM
6.19 after breakfast. :thumbup:

We will be there at 6Am. That is the Holiday Inn Express? No going over 140 MPH. :roflblack::roflblack:. We will be in Maggie Valley Friday, See you there JC

MoonChaser213
05-20-2011, 09:18 PM
I'll be looking for ya:f_spider:

InspectorGadget
06-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Mary and I are getting excited, only 10 days left before we head to Maggie Valley,
Contact me if you would like to ryde with us.
C-YA RL

InspectorGadget
06-13-2011, 06:51 AM
It looks like there will be at lease 3 spYders ryding out together from Lake City, and at least 2 more joining us up the road at Clayton. That will make a nice group. Looking forward to eating at Dillard House--I hear they have some great checken and fixins.
The weather looks to be good and we are packed and ready to go!!!
Mary and I look forward to seeing everyone at Maggie Valley in 2 days.
C-YA RL

docdoru
06-13-2011, 07:02 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/6-13-20118-00-33AM.png?t=1307966484

InspectorGadget
06-13-2011, 09:50 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/6-13-20118-00-33AM.png?t=1307966484
After ryding in the rain for 12 hours on our way to Cuba---I'll take 40-50% chance of rain and like it. Thanks Doc C-YA RL

MouthPiece
06-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Boy it's hotter than all get out here in South Carolina. Rode over to Edisto Beach. It was beautiful, but hot.

Chris

johnnyg
06-13-2011, 06:10 PM
EXTRA EXTRA :2thumbs: Were back on for MV only change is we're staying at the microtel instead of Best western.:clap::clap: will still be pulling out around 5 or 5:30 am Thursday spending the night in Clayton,GA. See you Friday. jc

MoonChaser213
06-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Glad you and Carol are able to make it . Not me , this year. Look forward to your report and photos. See ya when you get back. :f_spider:

cjackg
06-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Great ! We will be at the Alamo, 1485 Soco Rd.
See ya Friday!
Jack & Nancy

MouthPiece
06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
EXTRA EXTRA :2thumbs: Were back on for MV only change is we're staying at the microtel instead of Best western.:clap::clap: will still be pulling out around 5 or 5:30 am Thursday spending the night in Clayton,GA. See you Friday. jc

John, that is fantastic news. Cindy and I will see ya'll up there. We're at the Alamo as well.

Chris

Scooter
06-14-2011, 07:04 AM

Great news, Debbie and I are also staying at the Microtel Inn. see you on friday, have a safe ride. We are pulling our :spyder2:out about 5 or 6 am on Wednesday. :2thumbs::ohyea:

effgjamis
06-14-2011, 07:46 AM
See you Firday... However, you'all will be missed at the BBQ on thursday.

Recon
06-14-2011, 09:15 PM
JC, good to hear that you and Carol will be there after all; we will be in the Microtel about 1 pm on Wednesday. we've been up here at Lake Norman (above Charlotte) since last week and had a storm on Sunday evening, but weather looks better this week. Went to see Tony Stewart's garage and Joe Gibbs garage today and we are heading West about 10 in the morning. Ryde Safe

Wheeler~
06-15-2011, 11:00 AM
JC, it's sure been a roller coaster ride for you and Carol but glad to hear you're going to make it. I still have my fingers crossed for you guys, given all of the changes in the last few weeks. The Florida Xpress leaves out in less than 6 hours. Mike and I have ended up in a cabin in Murphy lent to us by friends of my brothers. Psyched!!!! See you guys Friday for sure then! Ryde and be safe!!

Scooter
06-15-2011, 05:14 PM
WE MADE IT, got here about 5:30 at the Microtel Inn, and it's raining cats and dogs, :2thumbs::thumbup:

BikerDoc
06-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Great ride for our group up to Clayton Ga and then into WEstern North Carolina and the Blue Ridge Parkway.. We couldn't resist some hotdogging on some of the curvaceous NC highways.. Fun Fun Fun

SpydeRider2010
06-16-2011, 09:24 PM
my Wife and I leave out Saturday morning, at "0" dark-thirty. we should be there before Brunch. :ohyea:

johnnyg
06-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Just an update on some late spyders coming up from FL. We pulled out at 5:30 This morning. We had rain till I-10. We thought we were going to have it good from there, then we ran into heavy smoke till almost to Tifton GA. After that we had good weather. When we stopped just south of GA line to get some food and gas up and guess what we seen another spyder and trailer. Turn out to be spyderhusband and Sue. We rode together to Clayton GA Arrived here 5:15.We will see you all in MV tomorrow. One other thing Carol got her windsheild yesterday and I put it on for her for the ride. We rode 475 Miles for her first long ride on her new RS. I must say I'm Very proud of her for doing such a good job. This is the first time she has driven any type of bike or :spyder2: long distance, shes grinning ear to ear and is ready to ride tomorrow. JC

Now that I have been elected to be the new photogragher here is a couple pics of today. The photo with Carol with the one finger up is her first 1000 miles.

InspectorGadget
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
We had a nice ryde today with 9 spyders. 220 miles, of wonderful riding weather on some of the greatest roads including the TOG, Foothills Parkway, and Blue Ridge Parkway.
Thanks to all of my trailers, as I now rank them as experienced riders, and some were newbies---but no more!!!!!! GREAT job gang.
C-YA RL

MangoMike
06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
WE'RE JEALOUS :2thumbs:

Glad everyone is having fun and riding safe. As things worked out it's good that we didn't go. We're leaving in the morning to drive to Atlanta for a couple of days of work. Pretty important stuff so it's good that we're able to go. Only downside is we're taking the van! :gaah:

Great pic's Johnny, thanks for sharing. CJ sure looks good her her new :spyder2:

Mike

johnnyg
06-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Mike and sis sorry you can't be here, so here are some of the pics we took today. A few were of our ride from Clayton Ga to here and the others are of the spyder registration. More to come tomorrow. Sorry if some are blurry I'm the new designated photographer and I'm riding down the road taking some of them. JC
http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/jgercken/spyders%20in%20Maggie%20Valley/#!cpZZ4QQtppZZ16

Blinc
06-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Did you all see that The economy is so bad that African television stations are showing 'Sponsor an American Child' commercials! ?
Well, some of us have to WORK for a living :gaah: and I hate to miss these awesome times you guys are having. Fortunetly I will let a gang of Harley riders hang with me when I get to go up in September for a week, but it just wont be the same without all you Hoolies!

MangoMike
06-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Beautiful pics John, thanks. Sure glad everything has gone so well for everyone. One of these days I'm going to quit "helping HP with one more project" so we can ride with you and not just sit in a motel in Cordele, GA looking at all the fun your having. We're happy for everyone. Tomorrow is Sunday and I guess everyone will be heading home. We will get to Atlanta tomorrow and spend a couple days working, but we get to spend time with our daughter too so it won't all be work.

Please be careful on your ride home.

Mike

Wheeler~
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=johnnyg;337692]Just an update on some late spyders coming up from FL. We pulled out at 5:30 This morning. We had rain till I-10. We thought we were going to have it good from there, then we ran into heavy smoke till almost to Tifton GA. After that we had good weather. When we stopped just south of GA line to get some food and gas up and guess what we seen another spyder and trailer. Turn out to be spyderhusband and Sue. We rode together to Clayton GA Arrived here 5:15.We will see you all in MV tomorrow. One other thing Carol got her windsheild yesterday and I put it on for her for the ride. We rode 475 Miles for her first long ride on her new RS. I must say I'm Very proud of her for doing such a good job. This is the first time she has driven any type of bike or :spyder2: long distance, shes grinning ear to ear and is ready to ride tomorrow. JC

Now that I have been elected to be the new photogragher here is a couple pics of today. The photo with Carol with the one finger up is her first 1000 miles.

Carol, you look sexy straddling that roadster! I'm sure it has something to do with the picture taking techniques of the photographer too. :2thumbs:

Scooter
06-20-2011, 07:23 PM
We got home today about 6pm, we stayed at my Sister-in-Laws house in Franklin NC Sunday night. It was great to see all our Florida friends. Thanks Gadget for the ride on the Dragon, WE MADE IT.
We also had a great ride with Recon and Carol, it was a fun day takeing our rain suits on and off due to the weather:roflblack: All and all we had a fantastic time in MV at our first Owners Rally. And a big THANK YOU, to BRP, and Lamont. :2thumbs::clap::ohyea:

MrsIGadget
06-20-2011, 08:03 PM
RL and I had a fantastic time during our stay in Maggie Valley with our riding buddies (Hal, Steve, Tom, Victor, Paul, George and Brenda, Mark and Debbie, Al and Deb).
The weather was superb, Lodging was great, could not have asked for a better vacation. Best time ever in our book.

Hope you enjoy the pictures below: Mary

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/xenadome/Maggie%20Valley%202011/:D

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/xenadome/Cuba%20Spyder%20Adventure/Spyders%20at%20Maggie%20Valley%202/

Wheeler~
06-20-2011, 10:16 PM
RL and I had a fantastic time during our stay in Maggie Valley with our riding buddies (Hal, Steve, Tom, Victor, Paul, George and Brenda, Mark and Debbie, Al and Deb).
The weather was superb, Lodging was great, could not have asked for a better vacation. Best time ever in our book.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/xenadome/Cuba%20Spyder%20Adventure/Spyders%20at%20Maggie%20Valley%202/

Some very nice pics!!

BikerDoc
06-21-2011, 06:48 AM

Great Pics Mary, thank you

MangoMike
06-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for sharing your great pictures with us Mary. Glad you and RL, and the group had a great time, and got home safely.

Mike & Sis

MrsIGadget
06-22-2011, 01:56 PM
We missed you Mike and Sis. Looking forward to another ride. Totally enjoyed it.;)

MangoMike
06-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks Mary, we sure missed being there, but loved the pictures. Hope to get to ride with you soon now that Sis is healing well. We're going to try some short rides soon and see how she does.

Mike

MrsIGadget
06-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes Mike, but be careful go when the sun goes down. it was 104 out our back door today. That hot breeze just does not do it on the spyder. RL takes the spyder to work everyday. Tell Sis hi and glad she is on the mend. Mary:clap:

Poppa1
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi Mary my first post hope im doing it right thanks for all the pics of our trip.:ohyea:was really a fun time.Looking forward to seeing you guy's again soon.Keep in touch tell RL I also said hello.Tom

MrsIGadget
06-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi Tom, Good to hear from you, glad you liked the pics. We sure had a fun time, cannot wait to do another event. By the way you did good with the post.:congrats:

Florida girl
06-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures Mary. They were really nice. We enjoyed being with all of you on Friday and hope to be able to do it again on a future trip! What a fantastic time!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: