PDA

View Full Version : First Spyder RS Ambassador Post

FaranH
05-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey, SpyderLovers! I thought I'd share a link to my first post as a Spyder RS Ambassador. Technically, Mickey and I don't even start for a week or so, but they asked us to share what it's been like between finding out we won and actually getting the Spyder. In a word...torture.

Now, just so you know, Lamont has already good-naturedly "corrected" my 2nd grader for calling the Spyder a motorcycle (or as she wrote it "motercycle"). We're still working on the lingo around my house ;)

So here goes:
http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/blog/post-details.aspx?PostID=2e177efd-fd20-4b6d-bd31-9edb0121c912

Thanks again for making a gal feel welcome around here!

spydrluvr
05-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Hey, SpyderLovers! I thought I'd share a link to my first post as a Spyder RS Ambassador. Technically, Mickey and I don't even start for a week or so, but they asked us to share what it's been like between finding out we won and actually getting the Spyder. In a word...torture.

Now, just so you know, Lamont has already good-naturedly "corrected" my 2nd grader for calling the Spyder a motorcycle (or as she wrote it "motercycle"). We're still working on the lingo around my house ;)

So here goes:
http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/blog/post-details.aspx?PostID=2e177efd-fd20-4b6d-bd31-9edb0121c912

Thanks again for making a gal feel welcome around here!

:popcorn: thanks for sharing the blog.....look forward to following you in your new adventure :f_spider:

Lamonster
05-07-2011, 08:36 PM
:2thumbs:
I'll see you next week if I can get around the mess on I40 :dontknow:

draboo
05-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I believe you coined a word that must be in every Spyderowners vocabulary when confronted about the Spyder being a motorcycle..

"You are right,there,Bubba, it ain't a motorcycle..it's a MOTER-cycle! What, you live under a rock??"

Seriously, congrats on your ambassadorship, and am looking forward to reading about your exploits!

NancysToy
05-07-2011, 09:47 PM
It doesn't get easier when you're a grown-up, does it? Waiting for Christmas is still the hardest job on earth! :D I loved your first blog posting. Very well expressed. It sure drove home what you are going through. Very typical, I might add. When Nancy was waiting for her PE Spyder GS, she went through much the same routine...learned all she could, lined up an MSF course, used an exerciser to build up her clutch hand, and so forth. Even with a Spyder and 23 motorcycles in the garage, the wait for my own PE RTS was excrutiating. You are already one of us, whether you realize it or not, just by these experiences. The adrenaline has started to flow, the heart is beating faster...just wait until you can twist the throttle on your own Spyder. The smile never goes away.

D&J's#2
05-07-2011, 10:10 PM
:welcome:Here's to you and your's and a safe and enjoyable trip home. I look forward to seeing and hearing about trip home on this forum:clap:

docdoru
05-08-2011, 05:34 AM
:congrats: I'm sure that the 5.6.11 SL thread did'it http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27958 ;)

dltang
05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Very nice "First Blog". The excitement is going to just keep getting better and better I hope you realize. You are learning very fast that this is a rare and wonderful breed of riders. SpyderLovers are some of the best people you will ever meet and you will make friends for life with many of them. You seem to be doing everything right so far, so just keep smiling and enjoying everything that is coming your way.

Raptor
05-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey Faran! So nice of you to throw down a post to us Spyderlovers. You are about to embark on a pretty amazing journey; a journey that a very finite few will ever get to experience in the fashion that you are about to experience it. Once things get going and you take command of your vehicle the world as you know it is going to change forever. Settling into that saddle, turning the key and firing the engine for the first time, the subtle "klunk" of getting into gear and setting your course... and of course, the ride. The core of why we do what we do. Doesn't matter if your on a Spyder, a Harley or a Yamaha. At the end of the day it's all about the ride. The venom of addiction will set in almost immediately and you will be hooked.

Add to that the fact that you will be doing this on one of the most unique machines out there and all the cool things that you will be doing representing BRP and well, it doesn't get a whole lot better. It's going to be great reading about your first impressions, your adventures on the road and so on. Congrats again to you AND Mickey, and let the good times roll! :yes:

arntufun
05-09-2011, 07:35 PM
:welcome:Here's to you and your's and a safe and enjoyable trip home. I look forward to seeing and hearing about trip home on this forum:clap:

Judging by her post, she won't be riding home. She will have her mom, daughter, and herself. You can't fit Three on a Spyder. I hope she would not put her daughter on the back having never driven one before. Talk about a let down !!!

. Planning the trip to Los Angeles. My oldest daughter turns 8 during the trip, so she and my mom are coming with me. What a memorable birthday it will be! We’re already wondering what to pack, what we’re going to do, and the excitement is growing. My daughter can’t wait to hop on the back of our new “motercycle”.

flamingobabe
05-09-2011, 08:56 PM
.....this adventure will be exciting...take it a day at a time.....look forward to reading more from you...Good Luck in LA...have fun...be sfae

bjt
05-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Judging by her post, she won't be riding home. She will have her mom, daughter, and herself. You can't fit Three on a Spyder. I hope she would not put her daughter on the back having never driven one before. Talk about a let down !!!

. Planning the trip to Los Angeles. My oldest daughter turns 8 during the trip, so she and my mom are coming with me. What a memorable birthday it will be! We’re already wondering what to pack, what we’re going to do, and the excitement is growing. My daughter can’t wait to hop on the back of our new “motercycle”.

I never thought about that but I wouldn't be surprised if they just went to LA for the presentation and then flew back home and then actually received the Spyder after they were back home. I think that makes more sense as a long distance ride like that for a brand new Spyder owner could be quite an undertaking. I guess we'll find out for sure when she or Mickey gives more details.

rogerb
05-10-2011, 08:01 AM
FARANH
A little warning about seven year olds on motorcycles. If she is like my grandaughter (7): It is her bike and you are only using it till she is old enough to get her liscense, then you have to modify it to her specs. God I love this kid even if she is a handful and a pain in the butt. Enjoy. :2thumbs:

FANG
05-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Great 1st blog post -- Anticipation, anticipation I think Carly Simon said it best... Just savor the moment -- enjoy the ryde when it comes and keep the posts coming. :2thumbs:

DynamoBT
05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Your eagerness shines through!! You must have ants in your pants!!! ;)

We are all so excited for you!! That's because we know how the Spyder is going to change your life.

Oh man, oh man, you better be ready to hole on for the ryde of your life!!!!! :D

baldman902
05-10-2011, 10:14 AM
:congrats:Welcome to the world of spyderdom, your life as you know it will change to the good forever!:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
05-10-2011, 10:44 AM
:welcome: to the forum. Keep us posted.

bruiser
05-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Nice blog. As we use to say in the military "one more day and a bag drag". :shocked:

COOLMACHINE
05-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Congrats FaranH. Sounds like everyone is excited about it! I loved the stability of the Spyder.

Firefly
05-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Maybe driving out and then riding back with family road support in the car??

100% agree on not having a passenger on the back yet--- get a few thousand miles under yer belt first.