PDA

View Full Version : where to put the third wheel ?

chris56
05-07-2011, 12:56 PM
there are different ideas of three-wheelers - with a sidecar you have the space for three people - if they would use the same nannys like our Spyders ..? what do you think is the "better" way ?

NancysToy
05-07-2011, 01:30 PM
I suppose it depends on your needs. I have no need to haul an additional passenger, and I prefer the symmetrical handling of the Spyder. My brain is getting too tired to remember a different technique for right turn than for left turns. I've always admired sidecars, I just have no interest in owning one. :D

Dragonrider
05-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Take the MSW Hack class….. learn how to fly…. then decide.

hut1
05-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I prefer the symmetrical handling of the Spyder.

:agree: I've had my sidecar rig for over 7 years and feel very comfortable with it. Although I don't own a :spyder:yet, I've ridden a few and I much prefer the stability and feel of two wheels in front. I plan to keep the sidecar indefinitely, but I will be adding a :spyder: to the stable as soon as the economy permits! (and my wife gives me her permission):roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Ignorance allows for a lot of dumb questions I hope :D... Having the driving wheel offset to one side; Does that affect the line chosen during hard accelerations or decelerations?:dontknow: